PDA

View Full Version : BM2 retarget

Berserk_Fury
04-13-2010, 12:42 PM
After watching rockstar's video I wanted to ask this question again. Why do FBs retarget after the second skill instead of the third? It has always seemed to me that retargeting after the third skill did more damage. I also checked the damage calculator that was posted on OGP forums, and the average dps (at least with my gear) was higher when using 3 skills than when using just the first two.

Rockstar
04-13-2010, 12:54 PM
It's because 2nd hit does more damage than 3rd hit, also cast time between 1st to 2nd is faster than 2nd to 3rd. The theory behind it is the more 2nd hits you get in, the higher the dps, and I believe there was a discussion and test somewhere on EU forums that confirmed this. There's also the advantage of having a buffer hit in case you screw up while re-targeting with 2nd hit. There's nothing wrong with re-targeting after 3rd hit, the difference is very small, I actually just prefer the buffer hit because when I record a video, I lag hardcore. Use the 3rd hit all you want, no one will think you're noob as long as you don't use the 4th hit :)

Sheep
04-13-2010, 12:55 PM
because it's faster, so you get more hp by your vamp. those split seconds mean alot when your fighting something that does ridiculous damage you.

Berserk_Fury
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
because it's faster, so you get more hp by your vamp. those split seconds mean alot when your fighting something that does ridiculous damage you.

How is it faster? Even though the first hit looks like it does multiple attacks, it still only vamps once off the total damage that is dealt.

Suterusu
04-14-2010, 12:32 PM
never noticed this...nice point

CrucifixX
04-14-2010, 04:11 PM
I just retarget after the first attack. It looks like super intense Illusion Stab on steriods while smoking pot, floating on clouds and having sex with a hooker.

Enso
04-14-2010, 04:12 PM
I just retarget after the first attack. It looks like super intense Illusion Stab on steriods while smoking pot, floating on clouds and having sex with a hooker.

Well put.

CrucifixX
04-14-2010, 04:13 PM
:D!

WIpwns
04-14-2010, 08:20 PM
lol

Rastan
04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
wtf beast,you've had 50 friggin posts since the servers went down and they all consist of "lol".......r u farming post counts?