PDA

View Full Version : oh no my FA

Textures
09-28-2010, 10:55 AM
I like Martial OS, and going light FA makes you have more damage...

But since PVE is more common and frequent, would remaining regular be better? I know there's better Forcium Orbs than Crystals out there. The FA takes alot of damage regardless so I may as well spice up the damage output.

My main concern is, I love Terragrace. It's my fav armor in the game but if I go light and try to get some nice + Terragrace and stay a light FA, I can't do that right?

I can't have both aspects because my stats won't allow it to?

:(

Enso
09-28-2010, 02:04 PM
Either go battle or go martial, it isn't worth trying to go both. Might as well be battle.

chainlock
09-28-2010, 02:14 PM
In the end the only thing that really matters is how good your weapons are, and if you want forcium or not.

YoungForum
09-28-2010, 06:02 PM
i would go martial for the higher dmg, you'll be perfectly fine in pve/dungeons espcially sense the update has nerfed all the map mobs, higher lvl CA's will give u problems and FT will take a lil more practice, war the objective is to stay back let the wa/Fs/bl tank while u shot the heck outta the enemy from far away, guardians also wont give u problems............ if ur 170+ or have a huge bank roll u should be working on ur endgame gear tho(Forcy amp/DB/Will)

SilvusX
09-29-2010, 01:08 AM
Unless you are rich and can afford epic sigmetal / forcium (I'd still pick PC sigmetal over amp slotted forcium)
There is almost no reason not to go Martial. The difference between OSM Battle +9 (100) and Martial suit +9 (94) is about 24 defense. The stats will make slight difference too I think perhaps another 20, (int gives more defense than before). However, with Osm Martial stats, you'll gain 20 more M Atk, which is a very good investment. (30 m atk compare to forcium).

The Draw back of OSM Martial is that it's high in demand, I think as of now there are more Martial FA than ever. You can expect most piece of martial equipment costs twice as much as OSM battle. Ie, if you were to pay 360m or so for a Martial Deathblow 36% critical damage, you can surely find a OSM Battle Deathblow 36% for 180m or less. Martial FA also does not have as much choices when it comes to weapon. FA's ideal weapon are orbs since it gives higher magic attack than crystal, BUT there are times that you have a epic crystal and it might persuade you to move back to battle.

while Terragrace is indeed one of the cooler looking armor but Terragrace craft amp are often not slotted and is expensive to obtain. At the same time, 7 m amp, 100 hp suit (while semi-expensive) but still obtainable after some farming. Pvp and War wise (even PVE dungeons), the 100 hp is greater than defense. Certain classes are capable of killing you in 1-2 hit, high defense on FA won't save you, it's the HP that will.

Lastly, for the end game gear. Slot Extender Highest is pretty much non-existent is why I favor Sigmetal over Forcium. Unless the forcium is very very epic, (such as double amp, though that's obtainable in lowerarmor too). The sigmetal might have lower defense, but it's "capable" of having 180 hp vs some or none at all. If you do plan on going for the end game, prepare to spend 16+ billion. Others may disagree, but I would consider martial all slot extended > forcium, because I would still prefer 30 M atk and 160 - 360 more hp over 200 defense.

*I'm a mFa with 654 defense, and it could go a LOT higher. I'm only use +9 suit / boot, +6 helm / glove. I can solo ft no problem, capable running all other dungeon with a decent party (Cept FT b2f, I'll try that once i have 7/100 hp suit, boot, hp rune and with everything +9) ^^. Grinding and everything else is not a big problem, dungeon like FT, you'll have to learn some technique, but watching neiro and botton's FT video will help a lot.

Good Luck, and honestly it's just a game, If terragrace looks nice to you, play it, enjoy it.

realowner
09-29-2010, 01:52 AM
end game battle is still better no matter what

rectumcanal
09-29-2010, 01:38 PM
lol at this guy ^ for thinking osm battle is end game gear

SilvusX
09-29-2010, 02:05 PM
lol at this guy ^ for thinking osm battle is end game gear

I misread, I thought he said
end game, battle is still better no matter what

but if you did read my wall of text earlier, i do agree that sigmetal battle > osm martial ;)

rectumcanal
09-29-2010, 03:24 PM
i just finished reading Ratza's essays in the WI forum so after i saw your wall of text i was like f.ck that.

Sabuvok
09-29-2010, 03:51 PM
Lol if ur going battle FA, use tg amp or higher
if ur going to use osm amp go martial

imo, battle tg/sig/forc > osm martial

if u compare osm battle to osm martial and say martial > battle.
you're just stupid (no offence silvus)

refer to this if ur still deciding bout battle vs martial:

http://eternitydia.blogspot.com/2009/04/battle-or-martial.html

ps: this is the conclusion if ur too lazy to read "Forcium >TG >OSM Martial > OSM Battle"

SilvusX
09-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Lol if ur going battle FA, use tg amp or higher
if ur going to use osm amp go martial

imo, battle tg/sig/forc > osm martial

if u compare osm battle to osm martial and say martial > battle.
you're just stupid (no offence silvus)

refer to this if ur still deciding bout battle vs martial:

http://eternitydia.blogspot.com/2009/04/battle-or-martial.html

ps: this is the conclusion if ur too lazy to read "Forcium >TG >OSM Martial > OSM Battle"

Lol I'm an idiot, base on what, ET's opinion?

first of all that stats is outdated, but even so YES i would take 46 M.attack for extra 62.3 defense. "Spur have said, every 4 defense reduce about 1 damage." So, 62 defense reduce about 15.5 non crit damage. If opponent have 200% critical damage bonus then having 62 defense prevents about 46 damage.

Now, comparing to 46 m Atk, which is huge. it's like comparing the old 2x forci orb +6 vs 2x forci orb +7, or the current +8 to +11 forcium. how am I the idiot?

Lastly, TG craft stuff are MOSTLY non slotted. I have yet to see a PC craft double slotted TG while dual slot OSM are actually obtainable. I don't feel like repeating myself but having slot extended boot and suit = 360 hp and non extended would be 200 hp, and I would honestly take that with 46 m Atk than your 62 defense.

So, Osm Martial > TG, OSM Battle.

Sabuvok
09-29-2010, 06:51 PM
what about the forc?

Mishon
09-29-2010, 07:02 PM
Attack > Defense enough said.