PDA

View Full Version : Solution for McAfee..

epirockx
04-13-2010, 05:15 PM
If those -Threads regarding solutions- still do NOT work..
Simply Re-Install the game..
Do so by..
1. Turn off Anti Virus. For McAfee - Advanced Menu> Configure>Computer & Files> Turn off First 3. ( Also. Turn off Active Protection. C&F>Advanced> Active Pro> OFF>).
2. Re-Install the Game once again. No need to re-download the client. (Only if you deleted the old one).
3. With your McAfee features still turned off.. Click start on Cabal. Allow updates and Patches.
Have Fun!
Before playing, repeat Step 1.

-I'll keep checking this thread If anyone is still having troubles.
Good LUCK!

xbghost
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
nothing new... even after you allow it to run, in the end it still detects it as a trojan.... i have to re-install cabal after every shutdown.. its ing annoying... ogp did a better job!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leonhart
04-14-2010, 09:55 AM
nothing new... even after you allow it to run, in the end it still detects it as a trojan.... i have to re-install cabal after every shutdown.. its ing annoying... ogp did a better job!!!!!!!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with EST vs. OGP... This has to do with certain AV programs being fail...

A little FYI, OGP never made any fixes, all they did send all their problems to EST. OGP's biggest prob was that they never bothered to test anything before giving it to us. So we get the update, QQ to OGP about all the bugs, then OGP sends the bugs to EST to fix.

And once again... this link provides the info for almost all AV programs -.-: http://forums.gamersfirst.com/index.php?showtopic=16125

I use real Security Software and have no issues.

epirockx
04-14-2010, 12:56 PM

Like I said, Did you disable the features before installing?

MangoGurl
04-14-2010, 01:07 PM
I had mcAfee and didnt like it so i switched...

xbghost
04-14-2010, 02:14 PM
Like I said, Did you disable the features before installing?

lol i did everything listed in these forums...