PDA

View Full Version : FB or BL?

Cade
10-14-2010, 12:43 AM
Title.

Pretty much I love to do a lot of grinding and stuff on my other chars in PF/MF/that kind of stuff, and bosses are really fun too. So I always thought Blader's would probably be the funnest for me to play. But it seems like in NW they are so boring to play unless you are insanely geared. Plus, it seems everyone and their mom plays a Blader...

As for FB's, I hear from a lot of people that they are so much worse off in PvE compared to some other classes, and that their new Tran skill doesn't even work right (2.x second debuff vs ~5).

Basically, I play Cabal for NW and heavy PvE.

How good are FBs at boss hunting (Rockstar doesn't count) and PvE in general, as well as NW with the added Curse Dodge?

elviento
10-14-2010, 12:53 AM
FB all the way, best class in cabal.

sckrules
10-14-2010, 01:39 AM
To be honest, i haven't played in awhile, so don't know about the new skills or anything, But, i have one of both(i hope). To me, if there both geared decent, FB's seem to be able to do a little more and do it a little faster because of the debuffs it has, without the debuffs, blader hands down. But its really your choice.

DrifterX
10-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Fb ftw!!!!!

WIpwns
10-14-2010, 03:09 AM
fbs get 2 shotted in pf and in war

Hash
10-14-2010, 03:41 AM
To be honest, i haven't played in awhile, so don't know about the new skills or anything, But, i have one of both(i hope). To me, if there both geared decent, FB's seem to be able to do a little more and do it a little faster because of the debuffs it has, without the debuffs, blader hands down. But its really your choice.

So wrong. BLs are generally the first class to be able to solo things. FB debuffs do help, but i dont think in any way that this makes them better at soloing things than a BL.

sykoXops
10-14-2010, 05:01 AM
i got both classes. bladers are good dungeons soloers due to the fact that they barely get hit. thier bm2 is the second fastest (next to fa) and crushing blow is just godly. intuition can help in tight spots and with the new update. bladers wont die in pf at all (judging that their isnt some1 there to take your spot or dont pay attention or dont have vamp) they have high crit rate and crit dmg.
fbs on the otherhand have ALOT of debuffs. its hard to make a bar with every debuff. they are good at pvp and can easily max out the rate and have high dmg as well. yet debuffs take time and by the time your finished debuffing you can be almost dead. its not to say that they also wont die in mf or pf due to the update. in fact any class can solo maps now.
in war bls are insane with crushing blow. 1shots are fun and getting points is easy. curse dodge helps ouf if u get mfed and thats about the only reason i would get it. II is just not to get rooted. fbs are only usefull to debuff ppl yet theres no point in mfing a fa or wi so wtf is mf for.
anyway its just preference..or just play both

Havoc
10-14-2010, 01:13 PM
go fb. fb has less def/hp, but they have a whole lot more utility in general than bladers.

Hasufel
10-14-2010, 01:16 PM
Fbs have the worst bm2 in the game but their debuffs make up for it.but fbs seem more fun to play.

sckrules
10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
So wrong. BLs are generally the first class to be able to solo things. FB debuffs do help, but i dont think in any way that this makes them better at soloing things than a BL.
I should of said thats based of my opinion, and that, for me, once an FB can solo a dungeon, there faster at it.

sykoXops
10-15-2010, 05:47 AM
just play both and share gears...just find a beast orb

elviento
10-15-2010, 07:05 AM
fbs get 2 shotted in pf and in war

nub FBs...lets say "naked FBs", atleast 2 shot, not 1 shot compared to "naked wizzards"

FuchanEry
10-17-2010, 11:11 AM
both both :d

ScarFB
10-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Fbs have the worst bm2 in the game but their debuffs make up for it.but fbs seem more fun to play.

true but their bm1 more than makes up for it. it increases their health and after 110 rank up (i think) u can bm1 and combo. Also:

PVP & War: FB>BL
soloing dungeons: BL>FB however when FB's can solo them, they can do it faster (from what ive heard)
And just because BL's may be better in most pve situations, doesnt mean FB's cant handle themselves properly at pve.

realowner
10-17-2010, 02:08 PM
bladers are better then FB's higher defense higher damage higher HP easier to gear etc etc

my 155 bl has 1049 base my fb 160+ has around 880 figure that sht out fb's got low damage bladers are alot easier to gear and have a better survivability

plus not to mention FB's getting screwed with this curse dodge bullsht lol

Roxlyn
10-17-2010, 02:17 PM
BOOO FB's how many times do i got ot post tht?

ZEPR0
10-17-2010, 04:26 PM
It really depends on there gears but in general

FB > BL Nwar

BL are pawns in nwar cos of their skill range
FB great with debuffs and root

FB < BL PvE

but if you always do Nwar BL and FB are major no no
If I were you I'd pick FS, or WI or FA

Hash
10-17-2010, 09:55 PM
i dunno why people are saying fb > bl in nwar. i can understand fb being more USEFUL in war than a bl to other classes (their debuffs - mf, root, hardluck etc.), and even though i havent war'd much lately (since i lvl'd outta my old tier) but in 110-139 i used to generally score a lot more points than a fb without farming points. People i know with about the same level of gear as me tend to score about the same amount of points on their fb's as my bl. im not saying that bl > fb in terms of points but it just seems to me that, while fb's are more useful to the others of the same nation due to their helpful little debuffs, fb arent better in nwar than a bl (in terms of points).

Berserk_Fury
10-17-2010, 10:18 PM
i dunno why people are saying fb > bl in nwar. i can understand fb being more USEFUL in war than a bl to other classes (their debuffs - mf, root, hardluck etc.), and even though i havent war'd much lately (since i lvl'd outta my old tier) but in 110-139 i used to generally score a lot more points than a fb without farming points. People i know with about the same level of gear as me tend to score about the same amount of points on their fb's as my bl. im not saying that bl > fb in terms of points but it just seems to me that, while fb's are more useful to the others of the same nation due to their helpful little debuffs, fb arent better in nwar than a bl (in terms of points).

1. FB is garbage until 140
2. geared FB in aura+bm1+legacy = the last guy you want to meet in war.
3. root is the bane of all squishies.

The only reason FBs score low is because we have low overall DPS, but it doesn't change that FB is the most fit class to kill enemy players in war. So you can go ahead and enjoy your pve war killing bosses, I'm going to enjoy fighting players.

macbowes
10-17-2010, 11:08 PM
There's very few players that I lose to when I'm aura, bm1, and have a legacy.

packetj
10-18-2010, 02:15 AM

The only reason FBs score low is because we have low overall DPS, but it doesn't change that FB is the most fit class to kill enemy players in war. So you can go ahead and enjoy your pve war killing bosses, I'm going to enjoy fighting players.

There's very few players that I lose to when I'm aura, bm1, and have a legacy.

As if BL's BM1 + aura with legacy is easy to handle :)

MF is useless if you know what I mean. Root? Yeah right, you will still need to come near a rooted BL so...

Berserk_Fury
10-18-2010, 07:15 AM
As if BL's BM1 + aura with legacy is easy to handle :)

MF is useless if you know what I mean. Root? Yeah right, you will still need to come near a rooted BL so...

BL bm1 is garbage compared to FB bm1.

packetj
10-20-2010, 03:48 AM
BL bm1 is garbage compared to FB bm1.

Debatable

Hash
10-20-2010, 04:01 AM

Actually, it was quite funny killing a FB who uses root + MF + hardluck against me 1v1. used to happen quite often in war. and in war i averaged around 40-50 kills (not that its epic just proves im not a pve point farmer) per war. I know that BLs are (and never will be) the best in war, im just saying that in my own experiences, i dont think my BLs are that bad for war, and in terms of points, i generally outscore FBs. Not saying that they arent useful, just saying that they dont score as much points.

Edit: I completely agree with number 2 btw.

Berserk_Fury
10-20-2010, 06:28 AM
Debatable

Not.

ScarFB
10-21-2010, 01:50 PM
FB bm1 is the best bm1 out of all classes, and thats a well known fact. what do u mean debatable?? theyre bm1 is pretty much better than their bm2 when they can combo with it at 110. And peaple say fb's are trash with bad gear, but last i checked all classes are garbage with bad gear =/

Rasecx
10-21-2010, 01:58 PM
FB bm1 is the best bm1 out of all classes, and thats a well known fact. what do u mean debatable?? theyre bm1 is pretty much better than their bm2 when they can combo with it at 110. And peaple say fb's are trash with bad gear, but last i checked all classes are garbage with bad gear =/
True that.
A decent FB in bm1+aura can beat a bringer WA in bm2+aura in war 1v1.

Fishy
10-21-2010, 03:45 PM

So wrong.....this game isn't about soloing...people just turned it into that. The fb has the ability to provide mobile tank support, debuffs, high dps in bm2, as well as some of the hardest hitting skills next to WA and Wiz. Decently geared FBs not only will last longer in PvE, but will also provide a stronger support in NW than a BL could. About the only thing they can contribute is curse dodge.....and that hardly lasts at all.

deamonreaper
10-21-2010, 06:20 PM
pretty sure bm1+aura combo is 130...

sykoXops
10-21-2010, 07:39 PM
BOOO FB's how many times do i got ot post tht?
lol you got a bl

idk about you but all i kno is that root and mf will never work on me.....i got ii and i have more that 1500mp sooooooooo yea....hard luck gets me.......crushing blow gets them

Berserk_Fury
10-21-2010, 07:51 PM
lol you got a bl

idk about you but all i kno is that root and mf will never work on me.....i got ii and i have more that 1500mp sooooooooo yea....hard luck gets me.......crushing blow gets them

Lets see your bl beat these stats:

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7451/bm1warstats.png

Also, instant immunity doesn't last long enough for you to never get rooted.

WIPwns.
10-21-2010, 07:54 PM

the noob wears a 27% osm blade with mp slotted suit just ignore him, just another fa > is > assassinate material

nice m amp btw, more than ur s amp :D

IRaid101
10-21-2010, 08:24 PM
the noob wears a 27% osm blade with mp slotted suit just ignore him, just another fa > is > assassinate material

pretty sure its been proven that m amp don' thelp only mana condense pots do

Berserk_Fury
10-21-2010, 08:30 PM

Don't ask me how I got that m.amp, I have no idea.

chainlock
10-21-2010, 08:57 PM
Don't ask me how I got that m.amp, I have no idea.

You have a magic skill selected.

Berserk_Fury
10-21-2010, 09:12 PM
You have a magic skill selected.

I just casted bm1, and I don't have any magic skills on my bars. So unless it counted the cannons that it autocasted for buffs, idk.

RekeesEnivid
10-22-2010, 12:04 AM
one thing I gotta agree with is FB+bm+aura+leg = last guy u want to meet. damn true. over all imo FB > BL FUNWISE o.o FB's are wicked fun to play trust me prolly most fun class, BL will get u further in pve. they both have their pros and cons. make both man :)

sykoXops
10-22-2010, 07:07 AM

nice war stats. too bad i dont like war that much. and i got that potion of flawless defence. fbs are op anyway. thats why ppl play them....just like me

DoItOver
10-22-2010, 07:13 AM
FB best of all time!

Rasecx
10-22-2010, 08:09 AM

Lol Ill show mine when i get home. Was this with a leg or any pots on?

Berserk_Fury
10-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Leg, no pots. I think I had hardness and morale on.

Rockstar
10-22-2010, 08:14 AM
Did someone seriously thought BL had a comparable BM1 to FB?

Rasecx
10-22-2010, 08:19 AM
Nvm lol just normal ok.

Rasecx
10-22-2010, 08:38 PM
lol
http://i55.tinypic.com/24boz1v.jpg
and
http://i56.tinypic.com/2rf348k.jpg

gingersnappz
10-22-2010, 08:44 PM
lol
and

Cough~ noob D;

Rasecx
10-22-2010, 09:05 PM
Omg lol wanna start again noob? :P

Berserk_Fury
10-22-2010, 09:14 PM
lol
and

fury+fa buff+magic pot?

Rasecx
10-22-2010, 09:46 PM
Yea. A m.amp pot too but i heard those dont work :o Used it anyways.

Rasecx
10-22-2010, 09:46 PM
if i used eos7, bos+6x2 before casting it'd be pwnage.

Lute
10-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Wouldn't you rather get yourself some bof6 first before you bother using bos6 to boost bm1? Might as well get 4 ros10 man

Rasecx
10-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Wouldn't you rather get yourself some bof6 first before you bother using bos6 to boost bm1? Might as well get 4 ros10 man
Lol obviously bof6 are more expensive than bos6.. and i have 2x bos6 and eos7 at my disposal already so... yea pointless comment. ros10s would be nice tho.

Lute
10-22-2010, 10:21 PM
More expensive but you can't sell the eos7 and 2x BoS6 at your disposal to buy even one?

Rasecx
10-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Lol obviously i get more atk with the magic combo than one bof6 in bm1.. lol

Rasecx
10-23-2010, 01:42 PM
lol
and

Just a thought:
On the ss Infernal Impact is selected with a 5059 atk. Assas has a bit more. So with my 208CD it would be around 18k dmg done. And counting the piercing attack both assasinate and infernal have, iono might be around 25k dmg done lol (Wild guess, but please prove me wrong). Thats an easy 2hit on ppl if im not mistaken...

Cade
10-25-2010, 10:38 AM
Great posts guys. I still have a few more questions..

Where does FB stand in terms of PvE? I know their stunlock works pretty good. But back in the day, all I remember is hearing 15x FBs complain about how annoying PvE was in PF, etc.

Also, how fast can FBs run dungeons? I really only have 100m~ in my FB gear that is 9x, and I run LiD only 1 minute slower than my old 800m 13x FA. So it seems like their debuffs really make dungeons faster compared to Warriors/sFS/etc? Also, how good can FBs solo PF bosses/FT/etc?

Thanks for all the help, really liking FB. I just wanna make sure I wouldn't be better off with a Blader or Wizard.

DoItOver
10-25-2010, 09:19 PM
Great posts guys. I still have a few more questions..

Where does FB stand in terms of PvE? I know their stunlock works pretty good. But back in the day, all I remember is hearing 15x FBs complain about how annoying PvE was in PF, etc.

Also, how fast can FBs run dungeons? I really only have 100m~ in my FB gear that is 9x, and I run LiD only 1 minute slower than my old 800m 13x FA. So it seems like their debuffs really make dungeons faster compared to Warriors/sFS/etc? Also, how good can FBs solo PF bosses/FT/etc?

Thanks for all the help, really liking FB. I just wanna make sure I wouldn't be better off with a Blader or Wizard.

I hear every maps been nerfed, a long as you have vamps that actually steals hp you should be fine. As far as dungeon and non dungeon boss goes, you need base atk and know what you need to do. BL is best for soloing dungeon compared to fb, but fb is the best to have in a party for dungeon . Practice makes perfect, or so they say.

By far FBs, been the best and most exciting class Ive played.

auctionmule
11-02-2010, 07:56 PM
BL are the worst class in the game. Soloing doesn't matter later in the game since any class can do it, and they provide nearly nothing to a party (8% CD buff doesn't matter, they also don't have the most DPS, so they don't even contribute that).

FuchanEry
11-02-2010, 08:03 PM
i like both :D