PDA

View Full Version : What skills/buffs should I keep and max?

Reaper
10-20-2010, 10:05 PM
I am a lvl 44 warrior and I would like to know what skills and or buffs i should keep and max out and all that good stuff like that I dont know what the "ww" and "sw"'s are and all that I jut cant find anyone to tell me straight up what should i use like the buffs and all what im guessing is to usse the skills with the highest attack power and same with the buffs but i ono some people tell me certain skills blow because they take to long to cool down or to cast so yeah if you guys could help id really appreciate it

forumaccount
10-20-2010, 10:18 PM
ww= whirlwind, sw= seismic wave, check ur higher ranked skills and u will see those 2
highest atk power doesnt always = better skill, take terra break (a.master skill) for example. yes it does respectable dmg, but for an atk that takes over 6 seconds to cast it is absolutely horrid dmg compared to lower lvl skills like cascade break, which does slightly less dmg but takes less than half the time to cast, therefore cascade is the better dps (damage per second) skill. buffs are pretty self explanatory, basically the higher the rank the better it is

Reaper
10-20-2010, 10:30 PM
ww= whirlwind, sw= seismic wave, check ur higher ranked skills and u will see those 2
highest atk power doesnt always = better skill, take terra break (a.master skill) for example. yes it does respectable dmg, but for an atk that takes over 6 seconds to cast it is absolutely horrid dmg compared to lower lvl skills like cascade break, which does slightly less dmg but takes less than half the time to cast, therefore cascade is the better dps (damage per second) skill. buffs are pretty self explanatory, basically the higher the rank the better it is

cascade break is a expert skill right? cause i think i have that so i should max that skill? but it only has like 200 dmg and yeah but buffs which ones can stack and not replace one another cause i noticed i cant have iron skin and regenerate on at the same time im scared to lvl a buff and it turn out to be worthless casue a better one comes up at a higher lvl and costs me a billion alz to delete

FU2
10-20-2010, 10:36 PM
You can stack buffs of the same type once you have completed the 140 rankup. You can triple stack buffs at 170 rankup. Till then you pretty much live with one or the other. The basic ones to get are Soul Blade, Iron Skin, Aura Barrier. None before that like Blade Aura or w/e. And then the party buffs and shorts.

forumaccount
10-20-2010, 10:39 PM
the determining factor isnt how much add atk it has but how much amp a skill has cuz amp improves a skill as u get a higher base atk, but there are also skills with low amp but are good skills because they cast very fast in combo, like impact stab. u can tell which ones stack and which dont by checking the buff type (u should notice that regen and iron skin are both "body buffs"), but it wont matter as much after u finish the 140 or 170 rank ups, which allow u to stack 2 and 3 buffs respectively

Reaper
10-20-2010, 10:42 PM
You can stack buffs of the same type once you have completed the 140 rankup. You can triple stack buffs at 170 rankup. Till then you pretty much live with one or the other. The basic ones to get are Soul Blade, Iron Skin, Aura Barrier. None before that like Blade Aura or w/e. And then the party buffs and shorts.

thanks man adn whats shorts?

Reaper
10-20-2010, 10:44 PM
the determining factor isnt how much add atk it has but how much amp a skill has cuz amp improves a skill as u get a higher base atk, but there are also skills with low amp but are good skills because they cast very fast in combo, like impact stab. u can tell which ones stack and which dont by checking the buff type (u should notice that regen and iron skin are both "body buffs"), but it wont matter as much after u finish the 140 or 170 rank ups, which allow u to stack 2 and 3 buffs respectively

oooh alright and so amp is just it adds attack to the skill depending on your base attack? oh thats awesome so all these armor and stuff that have like sword amp +7% do what add more attack onto your base attack? and so a novice skill with like 40% amp can be as strong as a master skill or something like that?

forumaccount
10-20-2010, 10:46 PM
shorts are the buff skills that give huge stat boosts but only last for a short duration. wa has 4, instant immunity, bears vitality, cats regeneration, and bloody spirit (fury shout also sort of counts but it is only usable when ur in a party)

oooh alright and so amp is just it adds attack to the skill depending on your base attack? oh thats awesome so all these armor and stuff that have like sword amp +7% do what add more attack onto your base attack? and so a novice skill with like 40% amp can be as strong as a master skill or something like that?

well..lower rank skills in general do less damage than higher ranked skills because higher rank skills typically have better starting base amp (cascade has 40% base amp compared to terra break's 60% for example), its just that the starting base doesnt matter as much when u have 40+ amp from armor and accessories, what matters in the long run is how much damage it can do in a given amount of time. and yes amp gives extra atk based on ur base, 7% gives 70 extra dmg when u have 1000 base atk for example

Reaper
10-20-2010, 10:57 PM
Oh alright so i need to get some amp into my armor and weps and stuff right

forumaccount
10-20-2010, 11:00 PM
ur armor shud have amp yes, but it might be a bit costly. a wa shud always have a crit dmg weapon, however, since wa already does good dmg so high crit dmg gives u monstrous crits that give u very good dmg output

Reaper
10-20-2010, 11:04 PM
what about crit rate? should i have armor or something with crit rate

FU2
10-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Armor cannot have crit rate. Crit rate comes from weapon, helmet or your rings.

forumaccount
10-20-2010, 11:10 PM
the only armor that comes with crit rate/crit dmg is ur helm, which is y ppl always aim for amp in suit, boots, and gloves (since theres not rly anything better), and, depending on the class, crit dmg/rate in helm and weapon. most of ur rate SHOULD come from rings seeing as its the most cost efficient way to obtain it, in your case 3 ring of luck+1 for an easy 30 rate. for now u shud just stick with that and the helm that u will get for ur rankup reward at lvl 80, a 4 rate deathblow helm that u can just slot with crit dmg. if ur fine with just 35 rate tho, u shud try to farm a 36 crit dmg helm and a 72 dmg weap from weak epaulet of the dead

Reaper
10-20-2010, 11:15 PM
ahhh how would i choose which thing i want in my armor and wep in slots cause its always random and also i cant affor rings of luck +1 i have 4 rings of luck though normal ones so around 20% crit rate for that and also how can i upgrade jewlry like that? is it the same as armor with the upgrade cores?

forumaccount
10-20-2010, 11:17 PM
accessories cant be upgraded, u buy them as is

Reaper
10-20-2010, 11:23 PM
damn so i either get em as a drop or buy them for a butt load of mula alright then man thank you alot bud

forumaccount
10-20-2010, 11:34 PM
ahhh how would i choose which thing i want in my armor and wep in slots cause its always random and also i cant affor rings of luck +1 i have 4 rings of luck though normal ones so around 20% crit rate for that and also how can i upgrade jewlry like that? is it the same as armor with the upgrade cores?

u can slot weapons and helm with crit dmg if u put in a slotted greatsword or daikatana in the "catalyst" slot when u go to the core alchemist, amp on the other hand is a drop only, which is y it is so expensive. also for catalysts, the gs must be 1 grade below ur item or higher, for example if u want crit dmg in a bluestin item, the catalyst must be shadowsteel grade or higher

Reaper
10-20-2010, 11:38 PM
Ah that I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥s so you can only get amp armor with drops from mobs?

boredom
10-20-2010, 11:48 PM
You can obtain amp through crafted items but it is costly, so for the time being you will generally be wearing amp slotted items (unless of course you get lucky). The main amp armor you will most likely get first is 50 hp/7 amp osmium suit and shadow titianium gloves and boots with amp in slot.

Reaper
10-20-2010, 11:55 PM
You can obtain amp through crafted items but it is costly, so for the time being you will generally be wearing amp slotted items (unless of course you get lucky). The main amp armor you will most likely get first is 50 hp/7 amp osmium suit and shadow titianium gloves and boots with amp in slot.

Oh alrighty probably gonna be a while before i get to that im only 44 thanks man