PDA

View Full Version : Give me a crash course on crafting

Reaper
10-21-2010, 05:23 AM
I'm confused I've read an read and read and I have no clue what the hell these guys are talking about I'm lvl 44 and I guess you got to be higher lvl to craft and well can someone give me a crash course on crafting from what it seems and what I read it isn't worth it by costing billions and I dont even have a mil so yeah

Palomar
10-21-2010, 12:36 PM
Basic (same for everyone)

Professional (pick your specialty)

Each craft requires specific materials. That information is all listed in the craft window.

Compile the mats do the craft. Succeed or fail. Should you succeed there are different levels of success from lowest craft to perfect craft.

If you want to know specifics on anything you are really going to need to do your own reasearch. I doubt anyone has the time to write up an overall crafting guide. Its kinda pointless since there are allot of guides already in existence.

Good luck!

LostYourMind
10-21-2010, 01:10 PM
I'm confused I've read an read and read and I have no clue what the hell these guys are talking about I'm lvl 44 and I guess you got to be higher lvl to craft and well can someone give me a crash course on crafting from what it seems and what I read it isn't worth it by costing billions and I dont even have a mil so yeah

At level 50 you can go to Port Lux alchemist and get the quest to get the transmuter.

Professional crafting you start with the orange color craft. At about 20% another one will turn orange till eventually they all are. Just click on the bottom picture and it will list what you need to craft. Once you have all the materials it will show up white, ready to go. At 100% you try for your proof, and it does and will fail. Persistance pays off here. Once you get lucky you go back to the alchemist in Port Lux and turn in proof, to "graduate" to the next level of crafting. You can crush the proof or npc once you graduated. Also helps to crush to keep the supply of cores to continue crafting. (That's right clicking on the transmuter and click the item to crush.)

Basic crafting you can get through crafting nothing but just crushing till you reach 100%. Then all you need is to get the formula card for the proof, and try for that. This only works for level one though. At level two you will need formula cards to pass those. This proof though you need to keep in your inventory, because you will need it to pass the next proof. If it fails you need to go back and remake another one.

In hindsight I would of just stuck with basic crafting and not even bothered in professional. The materials and items needed start to get way harder to get, and the fail rate is very discouraging. Unless you buy alz or have alot of people helping you, it's not worth it.

Good luck with whatever you decide though. :D

Reaper
10-22-2010, 01:08 AM
Thank you guys for all your help really appreciate it :D

Palomar
10-22-2010, 06:00 AM
In hindsight I would of just stuck with basic crafting and not even bothered in professional. The materials and items needed start to get way harder to get, and the fail rate is very discouraging. Unless you buy alz or have alot of people helping you, it's not worth it.

Good luck with whatever you decide though. :D

LOL

In the past 48 hours I have failed 15 consecutive mystic hands (WI) crafts. Lets hope we are just getting those out of the way ha ha ha.

Palomar
10-22-2010, 07:34 AM
Believe you me...ive been stuck on phery orb proof since 2008. Of course I was inactive, but the phery orb proof has been a thorn in my side.

iNub
10-22-2010, 10:58 AM
"Stuck" @ ALL titanium armor proofs and Stit GS proof.

Thinking about taking up another type of sword craft so I can get stuck on that as well. (:

cheesedip
10-22-2010, 11:02 AM
i feel ur pain Stit GS proof breaks ur heart! failed 9 of those till now thu!

iNub
10-22-2010, 11:58 PM
i feel ur pain Stit GS proof breaks ur heart! failed 9 of those till now thu!

Found a sword in AH, bought it, passed 8% Samp, passed proof, 15% osm GS and out of mats. ):

cheesedip
10-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Found a sword in AH, bought it, passed 8% Samp, passed proof, 15% osm GS and out of mats. ):

ty for rubbing my nose in it :*(

iNub
10-24-2010, 12:14 AM
ty for rubbing my nose in it :*(

u should sell me all your Lv 3 sword carts. i'm payin 500k per. lmk (:

cheesedip
10-24-2010, 12:40 AM
hahah i would but naah i have like around 67 ~ 69 white s.tit gs's saved up on my account and around 100ish shapes but my guildie is doing osmium daikatana proof so he needs a bunch as well..
well congrats to u .. hopefully ill clear it on NA :)

Smexii
10-24-2010, 02:46 AM
hahah i would but naah i have like around 67 ~ 69 white s.tit gs's saved up on my account and around 100ish shapes but my guildie is doing osmium daikatana proof so he needs a bunch as well..

Clear in NA yeah right lol. Wasted my 100m on "trying" to clear s.tit proof. >_>
:D

cheesedip
10-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Clear in NA yeah right lol. Wasted my 100m on "trying" to clear s.tit proof. >_>
:D

hahahahahah smeeeeee :D ur 100m my 800m = 9 attempts woot the good life :D

Smexii
10-24-2010, 06:31 AM
hahahahahah smeeeeee :D ur 100m my 800m = 9 attempts woot the good life :D

That money shoulda gone towards "Save the unlucky crafter" foundation.

iNub
10-24-2010, 04:27 PM

so can i buy ur white stit GS 100k ea or pm me price. i'm still interested in the Lv 3 sword carts. (:

Smexii
10-24-2010, 07:04 PM
Ha ha. Where do I sign up at? :D

Just post a screenshot of your failed amp/proof craft and your in. LOL

iNub
10-24-2010, 09:33 PM
Anybody selling non-slot Shadowtit greatswords +0? pay 200k ea Go! Only need about 20.

cheesedip
10-24-2010, 09:45 PM
lemme merge in first then we'll talk abt it :P

TitusTyrannus
10-25-2010, 05:59 PM
I got my stit blade proof on the 2nd try. Im 100% through osmium blades now. Just waiting for that elusive osm blade proof.

iNub
10-25-2010, 09:01 PM
I got my stit blade proof on the 2nd try. Im 100% through osmium blades now. Just waiting for that elusive osm blade proof.

got my stit proof first try. 100% through osm GS. (: