PDA

View Full Version : Making an inter-active mail system/voice chat system.

TerraBrandford
04-15-2010, 12:47 AM
I'm thinking a good idea would be to make an in game mail system for people to be able to send in game messages to off-line friends/characters to read when logging on etc. MAYBE even be able to also send items/alz between players. Of course there are downsides to everything, I don't want to hear it. :) If you think this is a GOOD idea, I'de love to put it to use. (Ignore player list would apply to being able to/not being able to send messages/mail between players)

Secondly, maybe a possible in game voice chat setting. Can make it work much like the chat room selections on Cabal and make the same setting apply to the ''sound'' options. You would begin by making it an option in the sound category and checking off the box that would enable/disable the microphone/voice chat. The voice chat feature can be applied to only ONE of the chat channels selected at any given time, so there could be additional check boxes on the chat window pane below each channel check box to ''activate voice chat''. (For example, say I wanted to party for Frozen Tower B2f (part1). I could ''check'' off the box just under the ''party'' check box on my chat window and could then be able to speak to/listen to members of my party. OR, I could select the ''check box'' below the ''guild'' check box and speak among guild-mates.) I think this would be an awesome idea, I would imagine it would come with some drawbacks such as lag issues and such but I think the pros would definitely out-weigh the cons on this feature. As always, the ''ignore'' feature would apply to ''muting'' all sound coming from that player. Let me know what you think. :)

CriSai
04-15-2010, 05:56 AM
In-game mail system would be nice.

Renken
04-15-2010, 08:02 AM
Agreed I think a mail system would be good aswell also voice chat been barking up that tree in a few posts maby it will catch on

TerraBrandford
05-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Bump =)

Mishon
07-16-2010, 08:50 AM
Support.

Valdoroth
07-16-2010, 05:28 PM
+1

TerraBrandford
07-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Bumping this thread, would really like more people to see this and comment their opinion on this idea and would like to see this in action. Please be gentle. =)

TerraBrandford
08-11-2010, 11:56 PM
Bump, would like to see this in action. Any ideas?

DeathlikeHowls
08-12-2010, 12:02 AM
Supposedly, the Mail system should be up and running with our expansion.

CuteReign
08-12-2010, 12:10 AM
+1

Syllius
08-12-2010, 03:09 AM
i like these 2 ideas, because if it had options to lower/higher a particular person because theyre too loud/low for you you could do so (kinda like a in game vent server, except u dont have to pay for it XD) but i really like these ideas

AeonNathan
08-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Support.

Deathlymonkey
08-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Theres been a mail system for more than 2 years now...it just doesn't work.

Tramier
08-12-2010, 11:51 AM
+1

TerraBrandford
08-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Thank you everyone for the support. :) But as far as the supposed existing mail system in game...it's strictly for GM notices and other in game noticed such as mission war rewards etc. As far as sending written mail and items/alz to other players...it doesn't exist yet. I hope they do implement something like this in the newer patches/updates. Once again, thank you all for the +1's and supports. <3 you all. lol

I Killed The Prom Queen
08-16-2010, 08:47 AM
I really agree with a working mail but the idea about voice chat shouldn't be to broad because i can already see those annoying people talking bull and wont shut up. that's what xFire is for

Syllius
08-16-2010, 08:41 PM
I really agree with a working mail but the idea about voice chat shouldn't be to broad because i can already see those annoying people talking bull and wont shut up. that's what xFire is for

psh fuuck xfire lolol vent > xfire

TerraBrandford
08-28-2010, 12:57 AM

That's what the mute button is for. :)