PDA

View Full Version : Slight change to the Agent Shop.

TerraBrandford
04-15-2010, 12:59 AM
I think a good idea for the Agent Shop is to make it more like an auction. Of course you would leave the option to place an item in for a buy out price but also give the option to place a mininum bid on the item for players to place bids. There can be bidding caps made or it can all be freestyle bidding. (for example, to outbid someone it has to be by a minimum of a number proportional to the item's buy out price or current bid) So say I want to put an Astral Bike Card: Rw3+6 in the Agent Shop, I could place the buy out for like 2 billion alz and set the minimum bid as 1.5 billion alz. That way, people have the option of placing bids on items to try and get it as opposed to 1 person buying out that item. Let me know what you think. ;)

TerraBrandford
07-21-2010, 10:28 PM
Bumping this thread, I think this idea would help the economy a little bit when you allow people to bid on items. Sellers get a chance for getting more than what they expected, and buyers have a chance of getting items for cheaper than expected. More importantly, it allows more than one person to have a chance to obtain an item from a seller.

Stalker101
07-21-2010, 11:54 PM
Good Idea!

Tramier
07-24-2010, 12:53 AM
i like the idea, the only problem i foresee with this is normally when someone buys something from AH, its because they need it right then, and would not want to wait for say a week or whatever to get the item, other than that, i like the idea

TerraBrandford
04-11-2011, 01:38 AM
Another idea just dawned on me, reviewing this idea for the Agent Shop. Why not also apply this logic to Personal Shops? You can place an item with a buy out price and a minimum bidding option as well. It can be a little button other players can click when clicking your shop. The button says ''bid'' if the bidding option is applied to the item for sale. Players can place bids by entering in the amount and it would update the ''current offer'' display on the shop. So say I put Slot Extender High, I can place it as a bid only item and start the minimum bidding price at 1.5 billion alz. People can go from there bidding on the item until the seller decided to take the latest current offer placed. (The current offer would show the name of the character that placed the bid) The ONLY drawback I can see form this is that it would limit trades to alz only and not so much offers of other items. (But that is what the mail system is for) This could be good for specifying in shop that is an alz preferred trade. What do you think?

M0NSTAH
04-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Nice idea, just dont know about the whole bidding thing in shop when theres "Auction house" &there should be a minimum price to outbid the other bidder. So theres no outbids by 1alz.

XFearMyBladeX
04-11-2011, 01:49 AM
um why not leaving a message on the item selling,like what would u be willing to trade for the item so that way u know o.o

M0NSTAH
04-11-2011, 01:51 AM
Yeah sooo an attatchment note kinda thing? lol

XFearMyBladeX
04-11-2011, 01:51 AM
i call it "message thing" u call it note" =p

M0NSTAH
04-11-2011, 01:54 AM
same smell. :D

TerraBrandford
04-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Well the idea of the mail system allows you to send offers that way. I'm talking strictly alz trades you can place an alz bid. etc. But I already explained a minimum bid amount thing on the first Agent Shop idea. The thing about being proportional to the bid itself. So if an item is in for 1 billion to start. The next bid would have to be by at least 1% or 5% of the current price. So if you placed a bid, it would make the current offer of 1 billion, 50 million and so forth.

M0NSTAH
04-11-2011, 01:58 AM
ahh, sorry didnt read all of it. lol