PDA

View Full Version : How do you measure STAT ?

forumtwizzler
04-15-2010, 01:02 AM
Here is the thing, I used : 2 slot forcium kat +7 vs. +7 amp blade . I really don't find much difference in crit and in base the amp does better ... is it just me or you guys are finding similar results ? MORE IMPORTANTLY, And how would you calcualte stats ?

30 hp = 5 atk = 1% s amp = 2% cd = 2 defense = 1% rate ????
what is the best way to calibar your gears for FS ?

Yngwie21
04-15-2010, 10:41 AM
I used a +7 20dmg Forci kat for a bit. Didnt hit harder than my +7 S Amp blade though. Depends on your crystal too though. I use a +9 Lapis for now. Calculating stats is basically taking your base attack and multiplying the base for each added bonus (i.e. crit dmg, amp, and rate) So like with my stats... 1007attk 216dmg 53s amp 51rate. 1007 x .53 = 533.71 (1007 + 533.71 = 1540.71) 1540.71 x 2.36 = 3636.0756 (3636.0756 - 1007 = 2629.0756) the 2629.0756 is what I'm gettign extra from my stats with a base attack of 1007. obviously that only takes place when I crit so .51 of the time I have a 3x damage. (essentially) But we all know that just cuz you have 51 rate or 60 rate you wont crit exactly that % of times. It's up to the game to let you crit i suppose... Now the only difference is that crit damage is an exponetial scale and now with the 4 rings update in play its MUCH easier to hit the "soft cap" as it's been called before. 200% is where the crit damage begins to dwindle and not become so apparent as a large scale increase. I would say that now with the 4 rings and the vuild you are pursuing (60dmg from rings, 24 in helm) that full S Amp weapons with a much higher base would rock. The idea of having another 20 dmg in a katana when youre going to give up 7 s amp isnt worth it. It's always better to have more amp with a higher base. if you are going to be using a +7 Forcium blade and crystal your attack should be near 1050. This would make S Amp much more valuable than another 20dmg added to the 60 in your rings. with a 15/24 helm you could even keep a rol on and use 3 Crit +2's and still come up with more dmg than a 36 helm and 2 rols. There are so many different ways to tinker with this build. It's a great one. One I am thinking about taking over in some aspects. I miss having a forcium crystal too... T.T Purple isnt the greatest color for a shield. XD its all abotu the look anyway right?

forumtwizzler
04-15-2010, 11:54 AM
1. AGREED : yeah see the thing is this. I used a 20% cd +7 kat as well and I found the 1. amp to be equal. I do use 2x +7 amp weapons on 15/24 h elm and 4x dmg2s, although rof10s are better.

2. NOT SURE : 44%, 120 hp , 120 mp vs 52% rate , this is where I disagree with you.

> Here is why :
roll 3 cases of a set of 5 dice in cabal from 1- 1000. See how many times you get between 1-52.
roll 3 cases of a set of 5 dice in cabal from 1-1000. See how many times you get between 1-44

is it much different ? i had been debating this with myself for some time now.
The other thing is : in nw / boss hunting when I go aura, I switch to a 36% cd dmg helm.

I think this is a fairly strong debatable topic. whether that extra 8% rate can make a difference. I see your CD as 200% lapis and 52% s amp ... my guess is you have 7% samp cry with 20% cd.
And since your CD surpass 200% it might make sense to hit a 52% rate ... I like high base and high amp, so lower rate. It also helps cut opponents in nw specially when they are in aura / bm / lw ... it boosts their defense dramatically especially vs those heavy classes. Like I said, this is a good debatable topic. 200+ cd 52% rate or 1050+ atk, 7% more amp and 44% rate. Another thing one on one 120mp in aob8 helps me avoid mana freeze. 120 hp > 5% cd if one on one, however if you are hitting a mob, say in aod - 5% cd > 120hp. The truth is I don't know which one is better.

and about purple :] i don't mind going purple honestly if it works well for my dps.

The other debate is this : I see a lot of people go eww on VITAL. How about a 360 hp shineguard +7 ?

So the estimate is this ...
ok lets say 0.85% samp = 2 cd ? = 5 atk = 2.5 def = 30hp ?

otice1
04-15-2010, 02:40 PM
1. AGREED : yeah see the thing is this. I used a 20% cd +7 kat as well and I found the 1. amp to be equal. I do use 2x +7 amp weapons on 15/24 h elm and 4x dmg2s, although rof10s are better.

2. NOT SURE : 44%, 120 hp , 120 mp vs 52% rate , this is where I disagree with you.

> Here is why :
roll 3 cases of a set of 5 dice in cabal from 1- 1000. See how many times you get between 1-52.
roll 3 cases of a set of 5 dice in cabal from 1-1000. See how many times you get between 1-44

is it much different ? i had been debating this with myself for some time now.
The other thing is : in nw / boss hunting when I go aura, I switch to a 36% cd dmg helm.

I think this is a fairly strong debatable topic. whether that extra 8% rate can make a difference. I see your CD as 200% lapis and 52% s amp ... my guess is you have 7% samp cry with 20% cd.
And since your CD surpass 200% it might make sense to hit a 52% rate ... I like high base and high amp, so lower rate. It also helps cut opponents in nw specially when they are in aura / bm / lw ... it boosts their defense dramatically especially vs those heavy classes. Like I said, this is a good debatable topic. 200+ cd 52% rate or 1050+ atk, 7% more amp and 44% rate. Another thing one on one 120mp in aob8 helps me avoid mana freeze. 120 hp > 5% cd if one on one, however if you are hitting a mob, say in aod - 5% cd > 120hp. The truth is I don't know which one is better.

and about purple :] i don't mind going purple honestly if it works well for my dps.

The other debate is this : I see a lot of people go eww on VITAL. How about a 360 hp shineguard +7 ?

So the estimate is this ...
ok lets say 0.85% samp = 2 cd ? = 5 atk = 2.5 def = 30hp ?
Rather than guess what you think is better, why don't you do the math and calculate it for yourself?

forumtwizzler
04-15-2010, 08:02 PM
perhaps it's not as simple as you think. even based on gears you choose you can re-adjust you combo. :] for example ... you may be able to drop a lvl 18 ss to lvl 15 ss and increase your overall dps .... or for example is it better to have a 210 hp 7% samp suit or 7% samp orcium +7 and why ?

otice1
04-16-2010, 03:24 PM
perhaps it's not as simple as you think. even based on gears you choose you can re-adjust you combo. :] for example ... you may be able to drop a lvl 18 ss to lvl 15 ss and increase your overall dps .... or for example is it better to have a 210 hp 7% samp suit or 7% samp orcium +7 and why ?

Your right, certain combos are better with certain gears. To calculate that you would need to determine the dps for each of your moves per gear set. Then it would be easier to decide which gears you would prefer to chose.

forumtwizzler
04-16-2010, 08:59 PM
it's not only dps :] high defense / hp can make a difference too. for example : would you prefer a +7 fc amp boot with 50hp or +7 s amp s.tit boot?

beowolf101
04-16-2010, 10:54 PM
>.< u guys are making my head hurt

Sheep
04-16-2010, 10:56 PM
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?1289-Damage-calc-i-made-to-make-it-alot-easier.
that will make everything easier xD try it

forumtwizzler
04-17-2010, 10:42 PM
http://dmgcalculator.webs.com/

more accurate. but it doesn't make it easier :p we know this already - calcualted all kinds of dps / combo. just looking for opinions on how fs look at amp vs dmg vs rate vs hp vs defense
for example, how do u measure 30hp vs 5 atk ? dps won't tell you.

Yngwie21
04-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I would have to say that a higher base attack and more amp would be the best case scenario for sFS given that we have our buff that gives 45% dmg off the bat anyway. But I like to play a with a bit more risk involved. Hence the crit dmg Lapis. I see a higher damage with it than all other builds ive tried thus far. I dont think ive left any out either. 20dmg +7 forcium x2, 20dmg kat +7 +7 7s amp crystal, 40dmg osm blade with a +7 forcium s amp crystal, blah blah blah... You guys know the different arangements, but I found that the Lapis that I use now and the blade ive got to be the best yet (I do think I have a pretty high base attack for using a Lapis though and I wouldnt suggest that any sFS go with 40dmg crytals unless they have a +7 Forcium blade because there is too much base attack lost). I currently am flipping between my WA's 15/24 and my 36 for helms... I do like having the 51rate that i have though (obviously the lapis aint great unless it crits, but with a name like SirCritsAlot who wouldnt crit? XD) In war and such i just put my 36 on and 4 crit rings no matter what. 50 rate in aura is fine enough. As far as the AoP vs AoB goes... Im in love with my AoB9 lol Ive tried out AoP6s and stuff but I find the AoB's 150HP/MP to be much more useful. I have a cheap AoP5 sitting in my invo for an extra 5dmg but it doesnt do much good being at 221dmg over 216 lol. Like i said its an exponential growth chart for critical damage. Now as far as gear goes... That's a whole nother topic and discussion lol. Obviously the most defense you can get while keeping the same amount of S Amp is ideal. Although there is one catch... In this game 1 HP is equivalent to 1 Def. So... ST Boots with 7S Amp and 50HP... 93 def on +7 ST right? Vs. my +7 SG 7S Amp Greaves with 113 def... Technically the ST would have 143def on the ST with the same amount of amp ^^ but i dont like the look of ST. Too cliche. One thing I wanted such a high HP for was a +7 Forcium suit with 7S Amp. 176def over 103def +50 or 100HP. I kinda wanted the longer drag flaps on my character though. It's all about looks for me anyway member lol? 4100HP and 1205 defense sounds like a good combonation to me.
PS~ Sorry if yall are getting headaches but welcome to my world on character building. It isnt just throwing stuff on a char and hoping for the best. :)
PS+ I dont think that RoF10s are better than Crit +2s :/ Just cuz Crit damage is exponetial and attack is not. Although with higher S Amp more attack might make a bigger difference than Crit Dmg. 4 Rof10s and 2 +7 S Amp weaps is a build I have yet to try.