PDA

View Full Version : Making costume items/skins obtainable via drops.

TerraBrandford
04-15-2010, 01:13 AM
I think it would be a good idea to make most...if not all costume items and skins available through drops. More than likely the drop rates of such items would be rare, but the items can be proportional to dungeons/maps/bosses. I am aware this may have some economical drawbacks but as I said...the drop rate could be made relatively low. Hopefully not too too low where they virtually never drop but low enough to keep farmers modest. Let me know what you think. ;)

Jamie143love & Ciccone
04-15-2010, 01:59 PM
I think it would be a good idea to make most...if not all costume items and skins available through drops. More than likely the drop rates of such items would be rare, but the items can be proportional to dungeons/maps/bosses. I am aware this may have some economical drawbacks but as I said...the drop rate could be made relatively low. Hopefully not too too low where they virtually never drop but low enough to keep farmers modest. Let me know what you think. ;)

I Like The Idea. But I'm Curious To See What [GM]'s & Other PPl Think.

PixelatedDream
04-20-2010, 02:39 PM
I am so for this idea it's not even funny. I'd be such a happy person if they made them drops!

DVwizzy
04-20-2010, 04:05 PM
most likely drops would be temporary and account bound, also that would cause them to have just about no affect on the economy as wel...

Suterusu
04-20-2010, 07:03 PM
I don't like this idea,then I'll have to sit next to a bot and wait...

BaconMan
04-20-2010, 07:08 PM
I want one so drop ramdomly plz

Suterusu
04-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Lol yu wish

DVwizzy
04-20-2010, 07:22 PM
maybe put em in the random chests in RS...

Suterusu
04-20-2010, 07:27 PM
That wouldn't be bad

hades990
04-20-2010, 08:14 PM
lol make it to where u got a higher chance of droping one then the bike board or sehh style drop%

TerraBrandford
05-29-2010, 09:38 PM
Bump =)

LaRazz
06-04-2010, 09:43 PM
It will never happen... It will cut into their profit... If you make it (even if it is rare) for the items to drop that is 1 less person who purchesed it though the "ecoin" store... If they added this system it would reduce the amount of their income. I guess haha do like'ish the idea maybe like 10 day temp costumes or weapon skins that can be NPCd for 1m and as the day goes by it loses value -100k each day. This idea will allow you to use a costum and could inface make someone want to buy it thus increasing EST profit. haha but then again.... ;-)

Hatsuho
06-05-2010, 12:29 AM
most likely drops would be temporary and account bound, also that would cause them to have just about no affect on the economy as wel...

+1, i'd say 3-15 days temp? lol

TerraBrandford
07-21-2010, 10:23 PM
Bumping this thread. Keep in mind the Epaulet of Vampire used to drop in EoD from the Pertz Chest. Not sure if it still does to this day but it could be made a drop again. Other epaulets can be boss/dungeon related as well...and like someone else has posted on this thread before...it can be made an RS drop as well. I'd like to see this in action, not just costume drops but actual epaulet drops too. It's not like I'm suggestion every cosmetic item be a drop like face kits/hair kits etc.