View Full Version : SEVEN COINS series

ZEPR0
10-31-2010, 04:44 PM
SEVEN COINS series amy, earring, etc
are they really effective?

what are your thoughts about it

cheesedip
11-01-2010, 01:13 AM
bracelets.. yes.. earrings dont think too much of a difference from +6 unless ur a cabal freak who just MUST have it then good. but for me vamp ear and force regen ear +6 would suffice.
peace!

iNub
11-01-2010, 01:48 AM
?

Bracelets and Earrings of Sevencoins max at +4

Amulets and rings are up to +7 or +9

If I could get into Cabal I could tell you, but it's acting like there's M/A atm. Anybody else's saying "cannot connect at the momemt"?

Tramier
11-01-2010, 04:11 AM
7 coins set is decent as long as you have a good ratio of 1 slot drop to 2 slot drop, many of the people ive talked to that have the best luck with it is about a 1 to 3 - 1 to 4 ratio, say 500 1 slot drop, and 1500-2000 2 slot drop

iNub
11-01-2010, 05:12 AM
7 coins set is decent as long as you have a good ratio of 1 slot drop to 2 slot drop, many of the people ive talked to that have the best luck with it is about a 1 to 3 - 1 to 4 ratio, say 500 1 slot drop, and 1500-2000 2 slot drop

i agree. reason is:

(not all, but a lot of) People think 1 and 2 slot drop pertains to items with 1 or 2 slots. This isn't the case. It means you have an x% chance to drop an item that physically occupies 1 or more slots in your inventory.

ie: farming SoD's or UCH in MF? use 1slot drop gear.

If someone on a map (FR, UG, MF, etc) is using luck gear, then the bonus is applied to the entire map. *The bonus stacks if more than 1 person is using the luck gear.

*(may only stack in parties, but not sure. somebody have the details on that?)

Palomar
11-02-2010, 06:52 AM
I Think the Jury is still out. I have a full set with ammy, earrings, rings, gloves, helm, orbs an sometimes I think it works and sometimes not. I use it often and im still suspect of it lol. Anyone use it to farm SOD and see any results?

It doesnt seem to help me on reg maps or in RS farming.

My set consists of...

OSM Martialhelm of DB 7% dmg craft 10% dmg slot 20% 1 slot item drop slot
Phery orb 20% 1 slot item drop
Aqua orb 150% 2 slot item drop
Aramid gloves 200% 2 slot item drop
AOSC +3
Earring of seven coins +4 x 2
ROSC +6 X2
ROSC +4 X2
BOSC +4 X2

Edit: After reading Tramier's post...maybe I should try crafting some better luck gear and but better accessories. Boost up the % some more and give it another go.

Registering
11-10-2010, 09:01 PM
How would 1 slot drop rates help you farm UCHs in SOD if it means:
"It means you have an x% chance to drop an item that physically occupies 1 or more slots in your inventory.".

1 or more implies that a helmet or UCH could drop because both of them physically occupy 1 or more slots in your inventory. Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't think any of those chests drop alz or air. I've only ran the place 18 or so times but I've always gotten some garbage white item or UCH.

If you use it to increase your chances of getting a UCH from regular mobs then I can see it being useful I guess but to wear a massive +% set you'll be losing a ton of amp/CD/CR. It does however seem like a reasonable way to farm SOD maps in MF though because the literal drop rate of anything but alz seems amazingly low. From 125-140 I've gotten seriously 3-4 white weapons and about 10 maps (5 being sod) in all those levels.

darkrage
11-10-2010, 09:41 PM
i tested my luck set out had bosc+2 x2 eosc+2 x2 2 slot drop blade, cry boots suit helm and gloves was at skeletons in bi and got 2 2 slot silk items within 10 mins of each other so yes it works

Drew
11-10-2010, 09:41 PM
It means you have an x% chance to drop an item that physically occupies 1 or more slots in your inventory.

whose horse's mouth did u get that from? a lot of misconceptions...sheesh

old school of thought: 4k++ %, or party to break threshold, or go home^^

Valdoroth
11-11-2010, 02:45 AM
i agree. reason is:

(not all, but a lot of) People think 1 and 2 slot drop pertains to items with 1 or 2 slots. This isn't the case. It means you have an x% chance to drop an item that physically occupies 1 or more slots in your inventory.

ie: farming SoD's or UCH in MF? use 1slot drop gear.

If someone on a map (FR, UG, MF, etc) is using luck gear, then the bonus is applied to the entire map. *The bonus stacks if more than 1 person is using the luck gear.

*(may only stack in parties, but not sure. somebody have the details on that?)
First off its not you have an x% chance, its you increase the previous rate by x%. So say i have 1k% 2 slot drop, but the current rate was .01%, you now have a 10% chance. Which its not that high still.
However i'm pretty sure it stacks for the map, bcs me and a bud were in UG about 6 months ago and we got 3uch in about 5 mins from mobs. he was wearing like maybe 1-2 luck items and i had my 3k% 2 slot and there were 1-2 other ppl on the map. Plus we were getting alot more 1 slotted osm drops from mobs.

iNub
11-11-2010, 06:51 AM
First off its not you have an x% chance, its you increase the previous rate by x%. So say i have 1k% 2 slot drop, but the current rate was .01%, you now have a 10% chance. Which its not that high still.
However i'm pretty sure it stacks for the map, bcs me and a bud were in UG about 6 months ago and we got 3uch in about 5 mins from mobs. he was wearing like maybe 1-2 luck items and i had my 3k% 2 slot and there were 1-2 other ppl on the map. Plus we were getting alot more 1 slotted osm drops from mobs.

so basically. quote me and /end.

1. it stacks on map. like i said.

2. it increases chance to drop 1 - 2 inventory slot occupational items. like i said.

If u have a .01% chance to drop either item, 500% 1slot drop and 3k% 2slot drop, u have a 5% chance to drop 1slot and 30% chance to drop 2slot.

ZEPR0
11-11-2010, 08:13 AM
Now Im confuse
can some explain it
simpler like 2-3sentences
a diagram would be nice

xbghost
11-11-2010, 08:41 AM
all i gotta say is b4 est server change, in ogp full luck set including weapons helm suit etc... got me 7 crt ring +2 in trogolo lair

Palomar
11-11-2010, 09:05 AM
There is no proven answer for how luck gear works.

There are 2 theories that i know of:

1 slot = 1 slot item 2 slot = 2 slot item
1 slot = item that occupies 1 slot in inventory / 2 slot = item that occupies 2 slots in inventory

Personally I belive the simple first theory...reason being there is no "4 slot or 8 slot" bonus on anything for items like equipment occupies. When you pick up a 1 slot item the terminology used on screen is (1 slot) or (2 slot) so thats another clue.

In order to maximize efficiency you need to have a mix of 1 slot drop and 2 slot drop rate % because in order to get a 2 slot item you need to get a 1 slot drop to have a chance at a 2 slot drop.

The whole process is complicated and probably not able to be summarized in 2-3 sentences.

The one thing that is certain...putting on the gear and trying it for yourself is the only thing thats going to give you answers.

Drew
11-11-2010, 02:02 PM
luck set affects the 'quality' of drop. the drop rate is a given (or altered in cases of events). now when u drop something, it will increase the chances, albeit nil if you don't break the threshold, of getting first 1 slot then 2-slot if you are wearing a considerable (this is the operative word) amount of %.

it won't give you rare items like a charm. the drop rates of those are dependent on what they were set for. you can't influence them with a luck set.

so to say that in order to get an upgrade core (whatever) or rol+2, you must wear 5k luck set of a 1-slot type is not entirely accurate.

Valdoroth
11-11-2010, 03:08 PM
so basically. quote me and /end.

1. it stacks on map. like i said.

2. it increases chance to drop 1 - 2 inventory slot occupational items. like i said.

If u have a .01% chance to drop either item, 500% 1slot drop and 3k% 2slot drop, u have a 5% chance to drop 1slot and 30% chance to drop 2slot.
the way you worded it made it sound like the % you have on is the chance on map. but more or less yes.

Oddly, In RS, i seem to get more luck and slotted items with 1300% on instead of 3200%. My friend said the same for her 700% and 1500%.

iNub
11-12-2010, 10:04 PM
the way you worded it made it sound like the % you have on is the chance on map. but more or less yes.

Oddly, In RS, i seem to get more luck and slotted items with 1300% on instead of 3200%. My friend said the same for her 700% and 1500%.

i guess the world will never know how the system exactly works. there are WAY too many factors.

sorry for the confusion. i meant x% chance figured in with the map % chance. (:

ZEPR0
11-13-2010, 12:51 PM
EST should post something/tell us
how this things really work

Sina
12-02-2010, 01:18 AM
hmmm, need to get to full set first but i never tough it could mean 2 slot like 2 phisical slots, i like that theory too :)

Tofubrainer
12-02-2010, 04:38 PM
ok, can some one tell me if luck gear works on chests? if i kill the boss with my normal gear and switch to luck gear, will the luck gear effect the chest's drop?

Tysukiomi
12-02-2010, 06:18 PM
honestly, it works but u really dont see a difference untill u have bracelets+earings+ammy+gear and maybe even 2-3 slots on ur pet with drop 2slot/1slot on it

ZEPR0
12-02-2010, 07:21 PM
honestly, it works but u really dont see a difference untill u have bracelets+earings+ammy+gear and maybe even 2-3 slots on ur pet with drop 2slot/1slot on it

Ok lets say I got all seven coins gear on
how effective is it???
is it like each SOD run you'll get 2slot drop or
8+ cores or some good stuff each run???

So every run with complete SC gear on
its assured that I get great drops???

Tysukiomi
12-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Ok lets say I got all seven coins gear on
how effective is it???
is it like each SOD run you'll get 2slot drop or
8+ cores or some good stuff each run???

So every run with complete SC gear on
its assured that I get great drops???

no, its not assured that u will, it just improves ur chances, anyone who thinks just bc they have 1.5k-2.5k 2slot drop will get 2slot everytime has another thing coming lol

Drew
12-04-2010, 05:10 PM
lol, i had extended low tier luckset, almost hit 3.5k with it, and i get better drops with my normal set...decided to discard the luck set. It was good for double alz drops tho, so what u normally get like 300 alz becomes 600 lol

even the merg rings, i got 'em all with just the normal set...well pve or pvp set, but not the luck which i tried a few times too.
it did work before with dt dungeons to farm those hard to drop 2 slot titatiums for crafting. but to drop the rares and even the merg ring with it, lol, forget it.

i'm telling u, unless u hit 4k+++ with ur set, or party with high "lucky" geared, u'd be better off using the normal. OGP and now EST won't tell us how it works.

Sina
12-07-2010, 02:44 PM
I am testing right now a full set luck,
i keep running LiD, RS and i don't see any difference so far :( got not a single 2 slot piece
well will continue few more runs but i will give up soon :/

iNub
12-07-2010, 05:46 PM
1k x .01% = 1% not 10%

4k luck set gives u a 4% chance to drop X item (wether it be an item with 2 slots or w/e it's gonna be)

so don't be upset if u don't get a 2slot drop in LiD for a while Sina. (x

FlybyEU
12-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Actually, a +4000% set gives a x41 multiplier (100% basic+4000%)of the basic chance you have...
The chances on dropping a 2slotted are extremely low and although you do have an increased chance, it still stays low.

To give you some perspective :
Before I used a dropset, i dropped 2x 2slotted in 8 months time (while farming maps)
A few weeks ago, with my +4550% set on the EU-jupiter server, I dropped 3x 2slotted in 2 hours.
An exceptional case, I agree, but it shows what can be done with a good set...
Normally I now drop a 2slotted item every 4 to 6 hours of farming, or every 6000 to 8000 mobs.

According my farming experience, the set works linear. The more you get in %, the shorter the intervals will become between the drops.

Now apply the same logic to the chests and even with the higher 2slotdrop chance you get on chests, you'll understand that you need to a lot of runs before getting that 2slotted from SOD, or any other dungeon...
And because it takes a relativly large number to kill, your perception is one of "it is not working"...
Blame the low drop% for that perception, but realise that your drops IS working...

Simply not true...
2slotdrop is not for the complete map but applied individually.
When EU servers were hit by the 2slotdrop hackers, about 1.5 years ago, only the hackers benefited from it. none of us normal players saw any increase in 2slotted dropping, even tough they used stack 2slotdrop well over +100K %...

HOW IT WORKS
To actually understand how 2slotdrop works, you have to get an insight on how low the actual dropnumbers are.
There are 3 parameters that matter in the droptables :
-the droprate (in %)
-the mob level
-the "quality group" it has been assigned too

As a consequence, different mobs can get different drop % depending on their level, but can also get different "quality groups"
Fe
the droprate for a blade on autocannon-op is 1/141 and IF it is a blade, it's chances for it to be 1slotted is 1/20 and to be 2slotted is 1/16400.
The chances you got to drop a 2slotted blade, without a set, would be 1/141*16400 = 1/2 312 400.
With a set like mine (+4550%) i can multiply that so it becomes 46.5/2 312 400 = 1/49 729 chance to drop a 2slotted blade...

Dungeons and espacially chests have a much higher chance and quality, but then again, you can only open a limited number of chests per hour, compared to the hundreds of mobs you can kill on a map...

Sina
12-09-2010, 11:32 PM
thx for the imput FlybyEU, i am sad with my 1k3 set compared to a 4k ...

iNub
12-10-2010, 12:56 AM
Actually, a +4000% set gives a x41 multiplier (100% basic+4000%)of the basic chance you have...
The chances on dropping a 2slotted are extremely low and although you do have an increased chance, it still stays low.

Before I used a dropset, i dropped 2x 2slotted in 8 months time (while farming maps)
A few weeks ago, with my +4550% set on the EU-jupiter server, I dropped 3x 2slotted in 2 hours.
Normally I now drop a 2slotted item every 4 to 6 hours of farming, or every 6000 to 8000 mobs.

According my farming experience, the set works linear. The more you get in %, the shorter the intervals will become between the drops.

Now apply the same logic to the chests and even with the higher 2slotdrop chance you get on chests, you'll understand that you need to a lot of runs before getting that 2slotted from SOD, or any other dungeon...
And because it takes a relativly large number to kill, your perception is one of "it is not working"...
Blame the low drop% for that perception, but realise that your drops IS working...

Simply not true...
When EU servers were hit by the 2slotdrop hackers, about 1.5 years ago, only the hackers benefited from it. none of us normal players saw any increase in 2slotted dropping, even tough they used stack 2slotdrop well over +100K %...

HOW IT WORKS
To actually understand how 2slotdrop works, you have to get an insight on how low the actual dropnumbers are.
-the droprate (in %)
-the mob level

As a consequence, different mobs can get different drop % depending on their level, but can also get different "quality groups"
Fe
the droprate for a blade on autocannon-op is 1/141 and IF it is a blade, it's chances for it to be 1slotted is 1/20 and to be 2slotted is 1/16400.
The chances you got to drop a 2slotted blade, without a set, would be 1/141*16400 = 1/2 312 400.
With a set like mine (+4550%) i can multiply that so it becomes 46.5/2 312 400 = 1/49 729 chance to drop a 2slotted blade...

Dungeons and espacially chests have a much higher chance and quality, but then again, you can only open a limited number of chests per hour, compared to the hundreds of mobs you can kill on a map...

who is this

roooooooodypoo

Valdoroth
12-10-2010, 12:59 AM
well i has 3.4%, so i just need rings :). Ty for coming and posting on NA forums. I've read a bit of your work on EU servers.

rythemz
12-10-2010, 01:05 AM
=o so it actually works..

PSBeardy
01-12-2011, 10:41 AM
yes .... but not always in the way you want it too, however good map farming

PSBeardy
01-12-2011, 10:45 AM

Simply not true...

HOW IT WORKS
-the droprate (in %)
-the mob level

Fe

2 slot does not effect chests, no multipliers do it is hard set......

FlybyEU
01-25-2011, 12:04 AM
2 slot does not effect chests, no multipliers do it is hard set......

YES and NO...as not all chests are hardware set.. some chests have predefined droptables, others do not...
Some drops are set to be 1slotted only (PP), or 2slotted only (FgR bosses), some have more exotic predefined parameters, like you find in the Weod's.

But others are just like any other mob drop. They only differ in "quality parameter", giving them a higher chance in droping 2slotted fe...
Those are in fact more sensitive to a drop set then the normal mobs.

The game is a mix of all sorts of systems, so you cant really define that all chests are immune to 2slotdrop.
Some are, others are just very sensitive to a dropset..
It is up to you to discover which chests are hardcoded and which not ... :p

slushie
02-10-2011, 04:14 AM
hmm