PDA

View Full Version : A many great deal of suggestions that I may add on to as I learn more

Crystaliss
11-02-2010, 08:52 PM
1: I don't know how those bots work, but some sort of system of "reportation"(for lack of better word...) should be in place and large scale or repetitious transactions should be in place(only when high value items or great sums of money or several transactions(as people may attempt to get around this))(can also be done by grouping all transactions by receivers with given items to be more efficient) so that when a player is reported the one in question can be monitored and "master" accounts can be found and if necessary terminated or other...

2a: I love the idea of crafting but I feel that it needs to be changed, crafting should give the ability to craft all attributes on all equipment (except ones that are incompatible such as defense on weapons...).
2b: I also feel that crafting should be somewhat random at first, rarely giving any good increases at first and then when more skilled can develop more precise upgrades to equipment.
2c: another thing is that when crafting I believe that I should be able to start with just about any "base" item (except already crafted items). This meaning if I craft with a 1slot base and succeed, I should end up with a 1slot crafted item.
2d: I noticed that when I crafted "luck" to gloves, I never got anything but 2slot drop rate, when helm, alz drop rate, I would change this to allow all on all equips but the better (2slot drop rate) be rarer.

3a: I am not sure about this suggestion, but wars should give exp. The reason is that people probably do exactly what I feel like doing, and that is getting +7amp 2slot amp equipment or better and completely wiping the floor with everyone else. If wars gave exp, this would be greatly lessened(till top war, but, that is ok, to an extent as it is inevitable...)
3b: I have come to love wars, but at the same time, I hate them. This is due to the point system. I have often gotten 26 points as I usually tag along with other people as a knockdown/support ally. But at end of war, unless you have 30+ points you get NOTHING. very frustrating. the way I see it, in a war such as this, it doesn't seem to matter who wins but rather who is active. If that's the case I would have the top 3 players in a war get a bonus and rewards to others scale from the top players. example: top player scored 100 and got x amount wexp + rewards, another player who got 50 points would get x/2 wexp.
3c: If 3b wouldn't quite work then I would at the very least redo how points are rewarded, cause I average a kill ration of 1/4(i might have it backwards so 4 kills per death) and deal good damage, even took down a bringer once (with 2 allies). Also of note I CAN get 30 points very easily, but building rez towers only to have them be destroyed is not helpful for my team and thus not something that I will do, I post this because it saddens me that I must chose to be selfish and unhelpful and get rewarded for it or forsake the reward, wreck enemy soldiers and get nothing >.>
For me the choice is obvious, help my allies as I would IRL.

4: It seems like nothing really happens till levels 35 and 50, and I don't mean to add more content, but, those lvls really do feel empty. Not sure how to change this or if it needs to be changed at all...

5: The "Weak" dungeons offer perfect crafted drops that are incredibly powerful(2slot Titanium+5), but other dungeons offer none. I suggest some sort of balance but for the higher lvl dungeons I would suggest craft material drops in high quantities.

6: At lvl 71 I feel that I am very poor, and that anything I want to buy is way overpriced. 2slot anything shadow-titanium and above is in the 10milion range. Not sure how to combat this one either, but it appears that rare drops make the average player rich beyond belief. lvl 23 enemies drop items worth 4+ mil and such.

7: A note about the previous event(halloween2010), there where supposedly these big "lanterns" that people killed but I never saw one. I suspect people server hopped looking for them. To combat this I would have "event" quests and force people to only deal damage to such "rare" event enemies one a day/week. (I feel like I missed out one the event entirely... all I got were some letters that gave me potions and dungeon entry items of high lvl(temporary account bound ones no less))

8: I hate the idea of account bound items, but character bound items?! I mean, from quests it's reasonable, but really, why give me an awesome martialsuit when I am an FS, it's saddening...

9: Daily quests are cool(, no, really cool), but only ones I have seen involve dungeons, I would extend this to monster hunts and such as well as it's realistic and practical.

10: Titles are awesome, but I feel there should be more generic ones (x quests, x monsters, x crafted items, x character age) as they add more to the concept expand it for all levels.

10+5: There are titles for lvl restricted areas that are impossible for high lvl people to access, I would allow higher lvl people into low lvl dungeons etc under the pretext that there would be no drops or exp, this way they could still get all the titles.

11: I love the BMs and aura, but I feel that they should be more balanced in that instead of giving massive dmg and stat bonuses, they should give some Crit dmg resist and rate resist, reason is that a bringer of my opposing nation killed me when I had BM1, aura, and legacy weapon and manged to deal me over 1k dmg with a single skill, that really subtracts from the usefulness of BMs, not to say they dont help, but people seem to go full blown crit dmg at my level and BMs do nothing to counter that...

12: some things in game such as a lit candle are off position in that the flame is not centered to the candle, will post pic when I can get that working...

13: The microphone is... over abused, If you want to know what I mean, well, people chat with them, and sell items with them, and post many threatening and racial things with them... they give players way too much freedom, and I have to say, bringers do the same, though less threatening... problem is that I am not sure would should be posted with them, way I see it, microphones would allow access to the SHOUT chat channel and not some godlike all access one...

more will be added soon about battle system as their are many issues with it.

Those are my suggestions for now, I don't expect them to be implemented to the game, but I would appreciate any feed back on these.

Elodia
11-04-2010, 07:09 AM
Some of these suggestions are good but overall it just seems like you're complaining

Crystaliss
11-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Some of these suggestions are good but overall it just seems like you're complaining

Uh, I did?
I surely didn't mean to...
I mean, I honestly tried to point out things that could be changed, to make things better...
I even gave solutions where I could think of them...
And I even started with parts of the game that could be improved without creating any unbalance (ok, thats excluding the crafts though, thats a huge change and shouldn't be taken lightly...) many of which could be done with little time/effort(from my point of view as a programmer...)
I mean, I took a long time, thinking very carefully on how to improve this game...
probably because I feel obligated to do so...
And I really came across as whining?
T.T (/cry)

But really, I would appreciate a comment or two on whether these suggestions would improve the game/ make the game worse/ add unneeded content...

[GM] DaisY
11-05-2010, 01:24 AM
I love some of your ideas. =)
Thanks for your great interest in CABAL.
We will take your suggestion into our consideration.

Mishon
11-05-2010, 01:56 AM
I think higher levels should be able to access weaker dungeons since higher dungeons drop a bunch of useless gear if any at all.

LILCHAOLAO
11-05-2010, 06:15 AM
I think higher levels should be able to access weaker dungeons since higher dungeons drop a bunch of useless gear if any at all.

+1

Magicammp
11-05-2010, 07:09 AM

fuk no...I dont need Tit CRAp PC DB SHIZZLES

LudaCrits
11-05-2010, 09:50 AM
side note, EST fix ucl and fcl drop rate on woed....got a problem when i can constantly get 8-10 a run...very sad

Crystaliss
11-05-2010, 02:20 PM
DaisY;131917']I love some of your ideas. =)
Thanks for your great interest in CABAL.
We will take your suggestion into our consideration.
Aw thanks, you're too kind ^.^

Is that so, I am only lvl 71 so I don't know how to respond to that, but I have noticed that "non-weak" dungeons drop 2slot+5 PC equips and later dungeons drop only slot and slot+3 (and the really rare amp stuffs). Finding a better weapon then titanium db PC 2slot critdmg will be difficult...

Btw, the person who introduced me to this game told me something that seems, impossible...
He said that having over 60% crit rate will cause almost every attack to crit, but I would say over 90% would do that...
Is it true that crit rate is odd in that it isn't actually 50/50 with 50% rate and etc?