PDA

View Full Version : Cabal start up problem

bzimm
04-15-2010, 07:18 AM
I use to play cabal a few months ago when it was run OPGplanet and i stopped so i deleted the file for it. Now i downloaded the game from ESTsoft but it wont start up. Ever time i click the shortcut a little updater box comes on and says "Download fail... try again" it'll pop up twice then go away. Can someone help me? :(

bzimm
04-15-2010, 08:19 AM
I uninstalled it and it still says the same thing... its making me mad D:

JuannyBear
04-17-2010, 09:29 PM
Thats kinda the same thing with me. I downloaded it but I dont get that message, mines just stops at the Cabal window (where you click start game) and it freezes on there. I dont know whats going on, im mad as hell

keriou
04-17-2010, 10:54 PM
Same thing. =.=

And no GM's have helped since I've sent THREE help desk tickets.

Not to be a brat, but a little assistance would go a long way. Q.Q

JuannyBear
04-18-2010, 12:34 AM
I fixed mines. Im not sure if it will help, but imma say this just in case. What happened on mines was that there was something checked that shouldnt be.

What I did was, Right click the Icon, click on properties, click the compatibility tab, and the in the Compatibility mode box, uncheck it. It says "Run this program mode for:" ....You want to uncheck this. Once you do, Apply and click OK and then try opening up the game, it should work.

Although, a problem that I still have is when im playing the game, about 10 minutes into it, my game freezes, but my background music is still going. The song plays untill is finished and then it just stays like that. I have to Alt+Ctrl+Delete, click start Task Manager, and End Process on Cabal. Its the only way im able to close it without shutting my computer off.

This is a pain cause I dont want to be playing for only 10 minutes, and afterwards trying to start it all up again. Does someone have a solution?

Karai
04-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Is it the GameGuard thing that opens up that fails? Or is it the Launcher window that fails? Coz GameGuard is the 1 with the tiny window. I got the GG problem, my GG fails to update/connect coz GG crashes (Windows pops up saying to shut down GG coz GG stops responding) before Cabal gets to the Log-in screen. How do I successfully load GG?

keriou
04-20-2010, 07:49 PM
The Launcher window fails for me, I don't even get the luxury of watching the GameGuard epic fail xD

Kid69Snipe
04-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Kk you have to go to Control Panel>System> Advanced System Settings> Then in the Advanced Tab click on Settings in the Performance square>Then go to Data execution Prevention Tab and Click (add...) in the little scrolling box that shows the files and all that, click on desktop and you shoudl have Cabal there (select it and press open or double-click) it'll show as Cabal Starter> Press apply and close then it should all work. :D Hope i helped.