PDA

View Full Version : FB gear discussion

iNub
11-12-2010, 05:51 PM
Blade has slightly more attack / slightly less attack than a Kat. It requires significanly less Dex than a Kat. That said, Xtal requires significantly less Dex than an Orb and again slightly more attack / slightly less magic attack.

It would be totally possible for an FB to wear Armor if it used Blade / Xtal instead of Kat / Orb, but is it advisable?

Discuss.

realowner
11-12-2010, 05:53 PM
armor for FB no its like any other class beyond osm its only battle for FB

as for weps go full cdi

Berserk_Fury
11-12-2010, 06:45 PM
I'm confused why you're talking about dex requirements. Do you realize that all FBs spec dex?

iNub
11-12-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm confused why you're talking about dex requirements. Do you realize that all FBs spec dex?

understood.

The question is "why?" If the answer is anything like "so they can wear battle gear" then i say forget Dex.

Really though, why so much Dex and suffer from low def?

iNub
11-12-2010, 07:02 PM
at the moment i have a +10 phery orb (36% cdi) and a +10 phery Xtal (36% cdi)

i need to pick one to extend and i'm going to slot it with +5 ATK

to put in perspective, +10 phery Xtal w/ +5 ATK slot = +6 Lapis Orb (99 atk). The difference is, my Xtal has 40% CDI. (:

Berserk_Fury
11-12-2010, 07:39 PM
What made you think you have low def when stacking dex? Dex gives the best stats out of the 3, that's why you stack it.

iNub
11-12-2010, 08:27 PM
What made you think you have low def when stacking dex? Dex gives the best stats out of the 3, that's why you stack it.

Low def because less Str. Armor > Battle.

As far as Dex giving the "best" stats, why do WA stack Str? Too many questions. All I wanna know is if it's a viable build. Yay or nay?

macbowes
11-12-2010, 08:36 PM
STR/INT/DEX don't give the same stats for all classes (i.e. WI get more M. Attack from 10 INT than an FB does). That being said, I still think that stat'ing for armor and using a blade / crystal is the best option assuming you're not wearing any gear past Osmium.

iNub
11-12-2010, 08:50 PM
STR/INT/DEX don't give the same stats for all classes (i.e. WI get more M. Attack from 10 INT than an FB does). That being said, I still think that stat'ing for armor and using a blade / crystal is the best option assuming you're not wearing any gear past Osmium.

that's all i'm sayin. if i did stat for FB forcy tho i'd lose serious dmg until i could afford forcy amp. osm armor suits me just fine. (:

Berserk_Fury
11-12-2010, 10:03 PM

As far as Dex giving the "best" stats, why do WA stack Str? Too many questions. All I wanna know is if it's a viable build. Yay or nay?

hurr durr, maybe because FBs and warriors work differently? stacking str on fb = garbage.

iNub
11-13-2010, 06:10 AM
hurr durr, maybe because FBs and warriors work differently? stacking str on fb = garbage.

well anyway, just wanted some opinions thanks. if stacking str doesn't work out it's called extracts. not a big deal. but for now i'm gonna rock this +10 phery Xtal 99 ATK / 40% CDI (:

DemonSouL
11-13-2010, 09:07 AM
if u intend to wear osm armor , i think it would be better if u focused on dex rather than str
Look at this comparsion

http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/1084/compare.jpg (http://img585.imageshack.us/i/compare.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

-advantages of stacking str "
str surpassed dex in attack with 5 points only .

-advantages of stacking DEX "
more def rate (75 point)
more attack rate (699 point) and same deffense with more magic attack "usless for heavy fb "

http://img574.imageshack.us/img574/7063/statsu.jpg (http://img574.imageshack.us/i/statsu.jpg/)

Berserk_Fury
11-13-2010, 11:02 AM
Those are outdated as well. Dex now gives more def than before, not sure by how much though.

Deathlymonkey
11-13-2010, 11:18 AM
Dex gives more magic attack = bm1 works a lot better. Nuff said.

iNub
11-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Dex gives more magic attack = bm1 works a lot better. Nuff said.

if u wish to combo cannons. which i don't.

WingsOfAngel
11-13-2010, 12:06 PM
Should learn how a fb's bm1 works first then huh?

Deathlymonkey
11-13-2010, 12:08 PM

I lol'ed.

macbowes
11-13-2010, 12:22 PM

Your magic attack directly influences how much attack, defense, HP, defense rate, and attack rate your BM1 will give you, so that's the advantage to having more magic attack. The best build, regardless of the armor type you're using, is to meet the minimum STR and INT requirements and put all your extra stat-points into DEX. As far as the katana / orb vs blade / crystal argument goes, from what I've found, the additional attack from the blade and crystal still outweighs the cost of DEX that you'll have to put into STR.

iNub
11-13-2010, 01:42 PM
Your magic attack directly influences how much attack, defense, HP, defense rate, and attack rate your BM1 will give you, so that's the advantage to having more magic attack. The best build, regardless of the armor type you're using, is to meet the minimum STR and INT requirements and put all your extra stat-points into DEX. As far as the katana / orb vs blade / crystal argument goes, from what I've found, the additional attack from the blade and crystal still outweighs the cost of DEX that you'll have to put into STR.

so i could still go heavy as long as i keep STR / INT to the minimum and stat the rest dex?

IRaid101
11-13-2010, 02:45 PM
em the reason why people use katana is becasue 1 it requires less str 2 it requires less INT duh int barly gives any attack duh
thats why o.o

KreepJeruz
11-13-2010, 04:09 PM
so i could still go heavy as long as i keep STR / INT to the minimum and stat the rest dex?

enough str/int for your armor. rest into dex, some fbs also get the ruling force upgrade over sixth sense upgrade because of the stronger bm1 they get

AbsoluteProdigy
11-13-2010, 08:34 PM
The only difference between Kat + Orb and Blade + Crystal is that with Blade/Crystal you gain 10 attack and loose ~100 def. (Assuming that Blade/Crystal is going full osm +15, and Kat/Orb full Forc +15)

Berserk_Fury
11-13-2010, 09:41 PM
The only difference between Kat + Orb and Blade + Crystal is that with Blade/Crystal you gain 10 attack and loose ~100 def. (Assuming that Blade/Crystal is going full osm +15, and Kat/Orb full Forc +15)

I have no idea where you got those calculations from, but they're nowhere near to being correct. There's almost no difference between katana/blade requirements, just use w/e the hell you can get.

realowner
11-13-2010, 10:47 PM
+15 those pherys or ur not gonna have enough base lol

sapekatumi
12-11-2010, 03:44 AM
283 str is max you need, unless you want 340 for +11 forcium blade. If you have any other pieces of forci, then add your int accordingly. I wear sig metal boots/gloves, so I have 254 int.

Other then that, rest into dex.

Six Senth or Ruling Force is your opinion. 100matk or 700 def rate. The extra stats in BM1 is win.

Sup Fps. :)

Xylium

Marfred Rios
12-14-2010, 05:03 AM
status which are ideal for a lvl140 fb

iNub
12-14-2010, 08:59 AM
u can have 283 STR, (x) INT, (^) DEX and use +15 redosm blade / topaz xtal or redosm kat / topaz orb without having to change your stats.

u only need to alter them slightly for sig and a lot if you wish to use a forcy blade or xtal.

Hollowichigo
12-29-2010, 12:05 AM
Ideal gear for FB: Cdi/rate in helm(extended),100 HP 7 amp in suit, 7 amp in glove ,7 amp 100 hp in boot, CDI for wep. grade as high as possible, why is it so hard?
there is a reason to wear armor, cuz it has higher def! so if u cant buy tera sig or forcy, then go osm armor! y the F in hell would you wear battlesuit or martial when you can wear armor! unless your poor.(def rate=useless in PvP, ppl dont miss when comboing.)

Berserk_Fury
12-29-2010, 05:20 AM
Ideal gear for FB: Cdi/rate in helm(extended),100 HP 7 amp in suit, 7 amp in glove ,7 amp 100 hp in boot, CDI for wep. grade as high as possible, why is it so hard?
there is a reason to wear armor, cuz it has higher def! so if u cant buy tera sig or forcy, then go osm armor! y the F in hell would you wear battlesuit or martial when you can wear armor! unless your poor.(def rate=useless in PvP, ppl dont miss when comboing.)

Crit dmg in weapons isn't always the best choice.
The difference in defense between osm armor and battle is practically insignificant.
For a suit you can get a 7 amp 100 hp for about 1/3 of the price with battle than with armor.
For boots and gloves TG 7 amp is cheaper than osm 7 amp, and it gives more def and def rate.

maibaza
12-29-2010, 12:16 PM

i herd forcium battle gives more defence than osm armor

Hollowichigo
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
Crit dmg in weapons isn't always the best choice.
The difference in defense between osm armor and battle is practically insignificant.
For a suit you can get a 7 amp 100 hp for about 1/3 of the price with battle than with armor.
For boots and gloves TG 7 amp is cheaper than osm 7 amp, and it gives more def and def rate.
1st below TG grade, as i mentioned.
2nd there is 100 hp 7 amp osm armor suit.
3rd yes crit dmg, unless u cant find good ones u use 7 amp instead.
4th more def is more def, better is better. price range between OSM armor and sig/forci is great.

Hollowichigo
12-29-2010, 02:18 PM
i herd forcium battle gives more defence than osm armor

If you cant buy tera/sig/forice, which part of that you do not understand?

Berserk_Fury
12-29-2010, 02:57 PM
1st below TG grade, as i mentioned.
2nd there is 100 hp 7 amp osm armor suit.
3rd yes crit dmg, unless u cant find good ones u use 7 amp instead.
4th more def is more def, better is better. price range between OSM armor and sig/forci is great.

Are you blind or simply incapable to read what I said?

100 hp 7 amp osm costs at least 3x as much as battle. If you don't understand why someone would pay 3x less and loose only 6 defense, then there's nothing to discuss.
Why talk about "below TG grade" when TG perfect craft boots/gloves are cheaper than osm armor amp slot boots/gloves? Why would you pay more for worse gear?
Having an amp forcium sword is very good with a 40 dmg lapis. Most of the time it's better than using a 40 dmg osm blade. Yes, 20 dmg and over forcium would be better, but that's a whole different level of a weapon.

Hollowichigo
12-30-2010, 01:43 PM
Are you blind or simply incapable to read what I said?

100 hp 7 amp osm costs at least 3x as much as battle. If you don't understand why someone would pay 3x less and loose only 6 defense, then there's nothing to discuss.
Why talk about "below TG grade" when TG perfect craft boots/gloves are cheaper than osm armor amp slot boots/gloves? Why would you pay more for worse gear?
Having an amp forcium sword is very good with a 40 dmg lapis. Most of the time it's better than using a 40 dmg osm blade. Yes, 20 dmg and over forcium would be better, but that's a whole different level of a weapon.

I am P sure that osm armor suit is cheaper then TG+ battlesuit, and you should be able to afforad.(period)

Berserk_Fury
12-31-2010, 06:52 PM
I am P sure that osm armor suit is cheaper then TG+ battlesuit, and you should be able to afforad.(period)

I never said anything about TG suits as red osm suits blow (unless you get one of the new dropped ones with 2 slots and 7% amp).

Vontar
12-31-2010, 07:31 PM
cd fb ftw

Nathaniel
01-02-2011, 02:35 AM
I think the best set up (barring 20+ CD Forcium) is a Forcium Amp Kat/Blade +11 or higher, then using a 40 CD Lapis or higher Orb / Xtal.

EDIT: Sig test.

Fail

Valdoroth
01-02-2011, 06:02 AM
I am P sure that osm armor suit is cheaper then TG+ battlesuit, and you should be able to afford.(period)
I'm pretty sure i spent about the same on my osm battle helm +12 as you would on an armor +9. So what was that about affordability?

If you really want the extra defence from armor that badly (only 6 more per peice at the same +) then you should just get a forcium piece. Lose 7% amp and gain 40 def.

Coneney
01-10-2011, 08:54 PM
Dump

Coneney
01-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm pretty sure i spent about the same on my osm battle helm +12 as you would on an armor +9. So what was that about affordability?

If you really want the extra defence from armor that badly (only 6 more per peice at the same +) then you should just get a forcium piece. Lose 7% amp and gain 40 def.

agree with u

Nanjirou
01-10-2011, 09:11 PM
lol this whole thread is reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetaaarded

LILCHAOLAO
01-11-2011, 06:42 AM
Blade has slightly more attack / slightly less attack than a Kat. It requires significanly less Dex than a Kat. That said, Xtal requires significantly less Dex than an Orb and again slightly more attack / slightly less magic attack.

It would be totally possible for an FB to wear Armor if it used Blade / Xtal instead of Kat / Orb, but is it advisable?

Discuss.
Wth are you on? My FB can wear my main's armor suit and forci blade.

nate420
01-29-2011, 09:56 PM
why is a FB gonna use a forcy blade stick with katana don't ruin your stats for a couple more att

Foxhound3857
02-01-2011, 08:39 PM
Battle + High Dex is going to grant your FB more defense (and evasion, and other stats) than the stat sacrifice you would have to make just to wear Armor, especially if you go beyond Osmium tier. You'll have slightly higher physical damage, sure, but you'll be giving up a lot of accuracy, evasion, magic damage, and your physical defense really won't be any better (DEX gives the best Defense boost of the three stats), and your Magic Defense will take a dive as well.

Being able to wear a Blade/Crystal as opposed to a Katana/Orb is dependant on the player (and really, I advise against trying to stat for Blades and just use a Katana), but there's a good reason why FB's stack Dex and wear Battle as opposed to Armor. With their high Dex and Earth Guard buff, plus all the evasion they get from Wind Movement and stacking Dex, they don't NEED the extra defense. They get plenty from the core stat alone and thus the Battle tier suits them better.

In short: Only add as much STR/INT as you need for Rank Ups.

Chris
02-02-2011, 12:45 AM

Discuss.

you do understand that an FB is a dex build class right? meaning you shouldnt even think about keeping your dex at a minimum? your STR/INT should be kept at a minimum, the less you have of those the better. you keep your STR at just enough to use osm armersuit+9 you keep your INT at the required level to use the weapons your using (usually forcy orbs) and then put everything else into DEX.

and the defense difference between armer and battle isnt as much. TG gives more defense than armer does. so basically if u got an s.amp suit, tg boots and gloves, and an armerhelm you'd be at the max defense your fb can get to (unless you start talking about the + of the gears and forcium)

Chris
02-02-2011, 12:52 AM
Battle + High Dex is going to grant your FB more defense (and evasion, and other stats) than the stat sacrifice you would have to make just to wear Armor, especially if you go beyond Osmium tier. You'll have slightly higher physical damage, sure, but you'll be giving up a lot of accuracy, evasion, magic damage, and your physical defense really won't be any better (DEX gives the best Defense boost of the three stats), and your Magic Defense will take a dive as well.

Being able to wear a Blade/Crystal as opposed to a Katana/Orb is dependant on the player (and really, I advise against trying to stat for Blades and just use a Katana), but there's a good reason why FB's stack Dex and wear Battle as opposed to Armor. With their high Dex and Earth Guard buff, plus all the evasion they get from Wind Movement and stacking Dex, they don't NEED the extra defense. They get plenty from the core stat alone and thus the Battle tier suits them better.

In short: Only add as much STR/INT as you need for Rank Ups.

DEX and STR give the same amount of defense. and did you just say "magic defense" ?? did you mean magic attack? lol. If you were to subract dex to put into STR you would only loose some attack/defense rate and some magic attack. and considering your only talking about roughly 50 points, its only going to cost you about 60 defense/attack rate, and about 15 magic attack (assuming 0.3 m.attk per int point, which was correct last i checked) the defense stays the same and would go up (a slight bit) by switching from osm battle pieces to armer (about 6 defense per piece assuming they'll all compared at the same +)

Berserk_Fury
02-02-2011, 04:42 AM
DEX and STR give the same amount of defense.

That's not true since a couple of updates ago. Dex gives a little more def now. But still, if you can get forcium amp or a good forcium blade, it's worth giving up some dex in order to use it.

Chris
02-02-2011, 06:33 AM
That's not true since a couple of updates ago. Dex gives a little more def now. But still, if you can get forcium amp or a good forcium blade, it's worth giving up some dex in order to use it.

is it? i remember they changed up the FA stats also giving them more defense and attack. do you know how much the FBs defense increased by per dex point? i cant remember my friend saying he gained anymore defense... :/

Berserk_Fury
02-02-2011, 08:18 AM
No, I don't remember how much it gives per stat.

Rockstar
02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Dex gives more def now from .125 to .15, and you guys are idiots you if you think there is an actual/noticeable difference from stating for blade or katana. Just use w/e sword is stronger because 340 str (for +11 forcium blade) isn't going to ruin anything.

Valdoroth
02-04-2011, 04:24 AM
for any item in the game. after +6 all the base stats stay the same. So just set your stats for +6 forci blade/ gears, which you hardly have to even try to do, and you're set. Dex is generally preferred bcs more def rate. FB don't have low def. I have 988 def and I use mixed gear, but all battle type. Granted my helm is = +7 forci as an osm.
For the "go all cdi" you are only partially correct. It would be advisable to get cd weapons, but personally, rof9 give better benefits if you have amp glove+boot+suit as the added atk and def are very nice. As 170, I use 4 of them and gain 64 def and 40 atk, and only have 20% less cd than using all cr+1s. Def allows you to take hits better and atk helps you amp. Ideal cd/amp goal is 150%/50% anything above that in both those is extra. I say that because that is close to the balance point for FB.
As i stated in another thread like this, I've tested with both extremities(203% cd and 72% amp) and the middle ground is around 150/50.

EzSeleneEz
02-04-2011, 07:42 AM
Dex gives more def now from .125 to .15, and you guys are idiots you if you think there is an actual/noticeable difference from stating for blade or katana. Just use w/e sword is stronger because 340 str (for +11 forcium blade) isn't going to ruin anything.

agreed, at higher lvls the loss will be unnoticeable. the noticeable part would be if you went full str build and completely f-d yourself up.

Tom Pham
02-04-2011, 12:56 PM

LoL
what i'd say.........
for the pic of full dex and full STR overthere...
U got 5 more Att higher than Dex build but lose LOT OF magic, att rate and def rate = Bm1 failed (for u, learn how FB bm1 works 1st then cm)
STR FB'd be good in pvp (5att higher lol)
Scks in PK, war, blah blah blah...........compared to Dex FB =))

don't keep moving on this topic cuz all FBs will come and LOL

Berserk_Fury
02-04-2011, 01:29 PM
for any item in the game. after +6 all the base stats stay the same.

I think you mean +7

Rockstar
02-04-2011, 02:57 PM
I think you mean +7

Probably +7, I don't know what it is.

Either way you're only comparing 68 points, 340 str (blade) - 272 str (katana)

68 * .125 (def gain per str) = 8.5 def
68 * .15 (def gain per dex) = 10.2 def
68 * .1 (magic per str) = 6.8 magic
68 * .25 (magic per dex) = 17 magic
68 * .1 (def rate per str) = 6.8 def rate
68 * 1.0 (def rate per dex = 68 def rate
68 * .24 (atk per str) = 16.32 atk
68 * .23 (atk per dex) = 15.64 atk

dex gives 1.7 def, 10.2 magic, 61.2 def rate
str gives .68 atk

Cannot compare other factors such as armor pieces such as forcium because it will raise your int.

TL;DR - Doesn't make a difference, stop acting like it does.

Foxhound3857
02-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Probably +7, I don't know what it is.

Either way you're only comparing 68 points, 340 str (blade) - 272 str (katana)

68 * .125 (def gain per str) = 8.5 def
68 * .15 (def gain per dex) = 10.2 def
68 * .1 (magic per str) = 6.8 magic
68 * .25 (magic per dex) = 17 magic
68 * .1 (def rate per str) = 6.8 def rate
68 * 1.0 (def rate per dex = 68 def rate
68 * .24 (atk per str) = 16.32 atk
68 * .23 (atk per dex) = 15.64 atk

dex gives 1.7 def, 10.2 magic, 61.2 def rate
str gives .68 atk

Cannot compare other factors such as armor pieces such as forcium because it will raise your int.

TL;DR - Doesn't make a difference, stop acting like it does.

If perfectionists don't have every stat/gear/skill just right, they consider themselves a failure. So yes, to some, it DOES make a difference.

Berserk_Fury
02-11-2011, 07:43 PM
If perfectionists don't have every stat/gear/skill just right, they consider themselves a failure. So yes, to some, it DOES make a difference.

Until you're 180 with gear like rockstar has, you're not a perfectionist.

Foxhound3857
02-11-2011, 08:49 PM
What does he have that can compare to my +15 40DB redosm blade?

Rockstar
02-11-2011, 10:13 PM
What does he have that can compare to my +15 40DB redosm blade?

lol.

I'm scared of your 1.7def and 10 magic too.

Valdoroth
02-11-2011, 10:53 PM
oh no! a +15 redosm 40%, we're all doomed. I think imma aim for 1k atk, 1k def, 170% cd and 70% amp. Figure that'll be enough to make me satisfied to quit. Doubt I'll ever get there though b4 i quit haha.

Foxhound3857
02-11-2011, 10:59 PM
lol.

I'm scared of your 1.7def and 10 magic too.

Fear the Foxhound. He'll lower your IQ.