PDA

View Full Version : Crit rate vs Crit dmg

jrock
04-15-2010, 11:23 PM
Im a 14X FA and I have trouble looking for a decent set of orbs and don't know what to choose from.
Some people say crit rate of 5%+ is good and some say cirt dmg is better.

I have about 200-300m to spend on a decent orb and I need to know what is the best orb I can get for that amount.
I was lookin at a +6 Lapis crit rate 5% with two crit dmg in slot VS. crit dmg 7%. OR
Forcium +6 with crit dmg.

Should these be the ideal orbs for me to be looking for or should I go a different route? And should I go for crit rate or crit dmg?

Enso
04-16-2010, 08:09 AM
Get forcium slotted with crit damage +6/7 or slotted with M.amp +6.

zAgonyz
04-16-2010, 08:16 AM
Get forcium slotted with crit damage +6/7 or slotted with M.amp +6.

I use to use a forcium orb +6 with 10%crit damage but I didn't like it to my Lapis Deathblow which everyone bases on me for. I know I have lower base for bm2 but eh when I crit (which is really really often) I hit about 0.75-1.5% more than they do. But yeah listen to enso lmao. His FA can still pwn me. x]

jrock
04-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Thank you so much guys.
I will save for the Forcium +7 with 10% crit dmg in the slot then cause theres no way I can save 600-1b for one with m. map, with that money I can buy 2 forc +6 with crit dmg already =P.
So that being done...what will be the most suitable orb for my next weapon to go with the forcium orb? Should I save another 200-300m for another forcium +6 with crit dmg or go with a lapis deathblow with crit rate or dmg?

zAgonyz
04-16-2010, 01:01 PM
Thank you so much guys.
I will save for the Forcium +7 with 10% crit dmg in the slot then cause theres no way I can save 600-1b for one with m. map, with that money I can buy 2 forc +6 with crit dmg already =P.
So that being done...what will be the most suitable orb for my next weapon to go with the forcium orb? Should I save another 200-300m for another forcium +6 with crit dmg or go with a lapis deathblow with crit rate or dmg?

You need to get that magic amp orb. The partner that goes with crit damage is amp and vis versa. Without both your damage will be below average for an FA.

Sheep
04-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Some people say crit rate of 5%+ is good and some say cirt dmg is better.. And should I go for crit rate or crit dmg?
dont get anything with rate, you definitely have enough as a FA already.

jrock
04-16-2010, 01:55 PM
You need to get that magic amp orb. The partner that goes with crit damage is amp and vis versa. Without both your damage will be below average for an FA.

Well I definitly dont have enough for forc amp orb....should i consider going with a phery orb with amp instead? or maybe even lapis if i can afford. With the amp, is a crafted 4-5%amp good enough or should i go for the slot with 7%amp

Enso
04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Well I definitly dont have enough for forc amp orb....should i consider going with a phery orb with amp instead? or maybe even lapis if i can afford. With the amp, is a crafted 4-5%amp good enough or should i go for the slot with 7%amp

If you go with +7 orbs, get crit damage, if you stay with +6, try to get m.amp.

jrock
04-16-2010, 02:23 PM
thats gonna be tough lol

Enso
04-16-2010, 04:58 PM
thats gonna be tough lol

What orbs do you have right now?

zAgonyz
04-16-2010, 05:10 PM
thats gonna be tough lol

Just because it's going to be tough doesn't mean that it's not something you need to do. It's easier to save up the money and work with what you have then spend the money on something you are just going to end up reselling because it becomes worthless.

Enso
04-16-2010, 09:07 PM
Just because it's going to be tough doesn't mean that it's not something you need to do. It's easier to save up the money and work with what you have then spend the money on something you are just going to end up reselling because it becomes worthless.

This is true, but sometimes you need to buy things you won't need later on in order to get what you need in the end. Like I needed to buy a completely ty OSM suit to pass RS, but then I used the money from RS to get a better one.

Cstriker
04-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Do NOT get +6 7% amp orbs if you can't on money. After +6 dmg orbs you have two options that will benifit you the most, depending on what you want to do. First option is to get decent gear (meaning +6 orbs, amp boots, gloves, suit, pc dmg helm, eos6/7, bos3 slot), then save your money and merchant to build up your alz. Second option is to slowly buy one piece at a time, which I think doesn't benifit you on the long run.

tl;dr - Skip +6 7% amp orbs and go for +7 forc crit dmg orbs.

Sheep
04-16-2010, 10:06 PM
i always see crit +7s being sold for more than the amp +6s O.O

Cstriker
04-16-2010, 10:39 PM
They sell for around 200-400m more each, but they're worth it, whereas m.amp orbs are not. M.amp orbs there is a minimal gain compared to +6 dmg orbs because the magic isn't as high. It's difference between +7 crit dmg and +7 m.amp because you gain I think its 390 magic overall, whereas with +6 its only 346.

Error
04-17-2010, 05:27 AM
I think it's 380(190x2) with +7 and 332(166x2) with +6. I agree with CS, +7 CDI orbs are better than +6 M.Amp orbs. "More bang for your buck" as people would say, comparing the two orbs.

WIpwns
04-17-2010, 06:30 AM
forcium orb of amp +7
5% m amp or higher
10% cdi on slot

Cstriker
04-17-2010, 12:08 PM
forcium orb of amp +7
5% m amp or higher
10% cdi on slot

... Cause that's relevant.

Enso
04-17-2010, 01:25 PM
... Cause that's relevant.

If you can craft it or afford it...

Cstriker
04-17-2010, 02:07 PM
If you can craft it or afford it...

The only person who could craft forc orbs was an ex-gm who is banned. I could also list out a bunch of orbs that would be near impossible to get, but it isn't relevant. That's like saying a +7 20% forc orb, which is only here because of FT B2F exploits.

Enso
04-17-2010, 03:11 PM
The only person who could craft forc orbs was an ex-gm who is banned. I could also list out a bunch of orbs that would be near impossible to get, but it isn't relevant. That's like saying a +7 20% forc orb, which is only here because of FT B2F exploits.

Yes, this is true, though you've seen the orb miavi uses right? o.o Apparently all you gotta do is up to high levels a LOT (maybe with some pictures sent?) then you get epic gear. =]

Error
04-17-2010, 04:18 PM
Yes, this is true, though you've seen the orb miavi uses right? o.o Apparently all you gotta do is up to high levels a LOT (maybe with some pictures sent?) then you get epic gear. =]

iirc she uses love's 14 amp orb and a 4amp/10dmg orb brought over by someone from Venus. Though i don't pay attention, so correct me if I'm wrong.

jrock
04-17-2010, 04:50 PM
What orbs do you have right now?

Right now have a +6 lapis with crit dmg in both slots and a topaz +7 with crit dmg in 1 slot.
Since everyone is suggesting me to save for a +7 forc crit dmg, I should probably go for that?

jrock
04-17-2010, 04:53 PM
Do NOT get +6 7% amp orbs if you can't on money. After +6 dmg orbs you have two options that will benifit you the most, depending on what you want to do. First option is to get decent gear (meaning +6 orbs, amp boots, gloves, suit, pc dmg helm, eos6/7, bos3 slot), then save your money and merchant to build up your alz. Second option is to slowly buy one piece at a time, which I think doesn't benifit you on the long run.

So go ahead and get +6 forc crit dmg orbs then get enuf for +7 then work on gear?
Right now im not even big on pvp gear, im working on my pve/lvl'ing/dungeons so I am getting my forcium pieces and since im gonna be wearingt forcium pieces I will lose a lot of atk which is why I want a nice set of orbs. I got myself a +5 forc boot +5 so far and still looking for other +5's with hp/guard in slots.

zAgonyz
04-17-2010, 09:06 PM

Lawlz +1.

jrock
04-18-2010, 12:05 PM
with the +6 forc orb crit dmg should i wear it with a +6 laps 20crit dmg or topaz +7 with 10 crit dmg?

Enso
04-18-2010, 02:48 PM
with the +6 forc orb crit dmg should i wear it with a +6 laps 20crit dmg or topaz +7 with 10 crit dmg?

I use two +6 cdi orbs. o.o

MamaMiaYoe
04-18-2010, 04:00 PM
and what makes you think thats what I do? keep your facts straight. dont be jealous.

Enso
04-18-2010, 04:10 PM
and what makes you think thats what I do? keep your facts straight.

I can't joke? o.O

Cstriker
04-18-2010, 05:22 PM
and what makes you think thats what I do? keep your facts straight. dont be jealous.

There wasn't facts to begin with, considering you faked everything else.

MamaMiaYoe
04-18-2010, 05:30 PM
@cs
lol dont make me laugh. Im not supposed to laugh. someone like you whos from a different server should be minding your own server's business.

MamaMiaYoe
04-18-2010, 05:34 PM
your insecurity towards people with better gears just prove jealousy. There's no other reason.

if u think Im faking then why dont u bring ur a** in our server and I'll show whats fake from real.

PSBeardy
04-18-2010, 05:37 PM
What others haven't asked is if your amp heavy in your other gear, if so stick with amp. If you go with the CD then use your topaz as it has a higher base. Also make sure to wear the forci in the bow hand as you get a rate bonus that way.

Enso
04-18-2010, 05:45 PM
lol dont make me laugh. Im not supposed to laugh. someone like you whos from a different server should be minding your own server's business.

I'm in the same server....

your insecurity towards people with better gears just prove jealousy. There's no other reason.

So I'm insecure because I made a joke that you took personally? Okay... o.o

MamaMiaYoe
04-18-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm in the same server....

So I'm insecure because I made a joke that you took personally? Okay... o.o

I believe you thought the message was adressed to you wen It is supposed to be for that cs newb.

MamaMiaYoe
04-18-2010, 05:52 PM
omg is the world ending? or is it just a full moon?

Enso
04-18-2010, 06:23 PM
I believe you thought the message was adressed to you wen It is supposed to be for that cs newb.

Ah, I see, carry on. ^^

jrock
04-18-2010, 06:30 PM
What others haven't asked is if your amp heavy in your other gear, if so stick with amp. If you go with the CD then use your topaz as it has a higher base. Also make sure to wear the forci in the bow hand as you get a rate bonus that way.

I dont have any amp gears except for osium suit. As for the other gears like a mentioned before is going to be all forciums cause im more into pve/dungeons/CA.
Thank you for the input.

WIpwns
04-18-2010, 06:32 PM
FAs QQ alot

Cstriker
04-18-2010, 07:55 PM
@cs

Lol, so you're saying that when you posted 2 screenshots of your stats with obvious discrepancies, those were real and the numbers just magically changed? You do realize that half the people think you're a joke on your own server... right?

WIpwns
04-19-2010, 03:31 AM
Lol, so you're saying that when you posted 2 screenshots of your stats with obvious discrepancies, those were real and the numbers just magically changed? You do realize that half the people think you're a joke on your own server... right?
where i wanna see

MamaMiaYoe
04-19-2010, 07:03 AM

Lol, so when you looked at the screenshot you assumed that it was taken at the same time? Wrong! I posted two screenshots of my best stats and it so happened to be both taken on bi same spot. You do realize that half of those people are insecure like you and piece of advice, dont look at my reputation on forums coz it is my will to be a troublemaker here... like I said youre not from my server to know what my social status is and ONCE AGAIN for the second time im gunna ask why dont you come to my server and I'll show you what its like dealing with my dmge? before you continue on your insecurity with me go prove yourself. Ive been posting videos here of my epic damage while all you do is talk talk talk. I bet youre one of those 165+ FA's I can two shot.

Sheep
04-19-2010, 07:09 AM
didnt this guy say he had like 300m to spend on an orb.... and yet everyone is saying forc amp/crit +6/7? lol

MamaMiaYoe
04-19-2010, 08:52 AM
buttons left phantast1c everything he got when he left this game. Same with Haniel leaving something to meeee. :)

MamaMiaYoe
04-19-2010, 08:56 AM
what happened to im coming to venus so watch out? .

stupidity Toes. stupidity. how can I do that right now tell me? although I would really like to. cant with server transfer n/a in CS

CandiCoatted
04-19-2010, 08:56 AM
i thought all forci orbs with crit/amp r in venus?
r there any in mercury?

MamaMiaYoe
04-19-2010, 09:10 AM
the 4% amp and crit ones are from venus but the other ones :) lalalalala

Enso
04-19-2010, 09:54 AM
Haha CS, Miavii's damage is high, her gears are just too good to be weighted down by her lack of skill. (Hehe, again, before you bite my head off, I kid, I kid).

MamaMiaYoe
04-19-2010, 10:19 AM
bites off head and swallows it*

MamaMiaYoe
04-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I dont. You cannot say that unless you yourself face me ingame. I doubt you will though coz you'll get your brains blown off if you do. Nice job though detective, so you figured it out. ;)

jrock
04-19-2010, 12:35 PM
My thread has once again become a flaming thread, its not even about my orbs and 300m to spend lawl.

Error
04-19-2010, 04:40 PM
My thread has once again become a flaming thread, its not even about my orbs and 300m to spend lawl.

I advise you to just get a forc crit +6 then and use the topaz until you can secure another forc.

Enso
04-19-2010, 04:56 PM
bites off head and swallows it*

D= Oh noes!