PDA

View Full Version : Complete Cabal newbie seeking some clarification/advice... (tanking, etc)

Scen
11-27-2010, 11:05 PM
Hello hello!~ I'm a new face to Cabal, only finishing the installation very recently and not going further than the character creation screen yet, haha. :D I've been lurking around boards and trying to read up on warriors and what skills to take or avoid as I level.

Please yell at my face in all caps if I get something wrong here. O:

It seems like I shouldn't get the following:
Concentration
Down Breaker (due to warriors "already having a high chance" to down)
Terra Break (due to the vulnerability of the slow cast time)

Now, I need a little guidance as to what to get first and what to focus on. Which skills are absolute musts and which are not so important? I rather like the idea of tanking, but it seems tank roles aren't really all that vital in this game for the most part. (at least, by what I've read) Still, I've always liked playing a big monster tank that takes forever to kill-- I'm a patient warrior and don't mind sacrificing a little power for a lot of survivability. :D

I'm also wondering what the top mistakes beginner warriors make and what I can do to attempt not being an idiot from the get-go. :3

Thanks~

boredom
11-28-2010, 03:51 AM
All 3 skills you should not have. Notice how none of the top WA's have downbreaker?
Concentration is useless due to combo. Sure it will make your bm2 get less misses but it generally isn't a problem.
Terra Break is just a no go skill.

Jango
11-30-2010, 04:53 PM
this actually helps me out to cause i just started a WA myself ty all for the advice

Scen
12-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Thanks for everything folks. 8D

Yay, good luck warrioring out as well, Jango~

Deathlymonkey
12-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Hello hello!~ I'm a new face to Cabal, only finishing the installation very recently and not going further than the character creation screen yet, haha. :D I've been lurking around boards and trying to read up on warriors and what skills to take or avoid as I level.

Please yell at my face in all caps if I get something wrong here. O:

It seems like I shouldn't get the following:
Concentration
Down Breaker (due to warriors "already having a high chance" to down)
Terra Break (due to the vulnerability of the slow cast time)

Now, I need a little guidance as to what to get first and what to focus on. Which skills are absolute musts and which are not so important? I rather like the idea of tanking, but it seems tank roles aren't really all that vital in this game for the most part. (at least, by what I've read) Still, I've always liked playing a big monster tank that takes forever to kill-- I'm a patient warrior and don't mind sacrificing a little power for a lot of survivability. :D

I'm also wondering what the top mistakes beginner warriors make and what I can do to attempt not being an idiot from the get-go. :3

Thanks~

Warriors have both of those at a higher level.
The only advice I can give you is to try to find a guild with decent players and ask them before you waste your money on anything