PDA

View Full Version : Questions about WA skills!

Emie
11-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Please don't flame me; this is my first time treading into the WA board. I've been thinking about making a WA because I want a high defense class that can also solo most bosses. FS has high defense, but I find the boss "soloability" to be a bit lacking. I have some questions regarding what skills are needed (assume I'm at Transcender skill rank with 140 rank up done).

Now! There are 21 skill slots available, and the most common complaint for WA and BL class is that there aren't enough slots for all skills. I've looked at all the skills a WA might need, starting with buffs and debuffs, as well as movement skills (including Force Kick and Charge).

Dash
Fade Step
Charge
Force Kick
Iron Skin
Aura Barrier
Soul Blade
Panic Cry
Instant Immunity
Morale Shout
Fury Shout
Cat's Recovery
Bear's Vitality
Bloody Spirit

The above list takes up 14 slots, with 7 remaining. I didn't include Down Breaker because I don't know if it's needed. If it is, then there's only 6 slots remaining.

What skills should be used for the remaining skill slots? Impact Stab, Sword Quake, Whirlwind, and Seismic Wave are a given, but this also only leaves room for 2 or 3 more skills. What other skills do I need to make an effective WA? I remember pre-Trans skill update, a lot of people used Rolling Crash, Cascade Break, Heavy Slash, and Spiral Doom. Are these skills still practical? Which of these, if any should I keep? And should I get Sword Cannon?

When replying, please be mindful not to exceed 21 skills. I need to know exactly which skills I need to keep, and it seems that WA has little margin for error, given the fact that 3/4th of the available slots are taken up by buffs and movement skills. Thanks in advance!

elvie
11-29-2010, 06:58 AM
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?7831-What-skills-should-a-warrior-have

Scroll down to nitefalcon's post, and replace rolling for sword quake.

WingsOfAngel
11-29-2010, 04:37 PM
No Rolling Crash or Spiral Doom. You'll have a pretty good pve combo with some combination of Sword Quake, Seismic Wave, Whirlwind and Cascade.

Down Breaker is just overkill when you don't even notice a difference between having it and not having it.

Sword Cannon is all preference, whether you feel you need it or not.

Forumcomplainer
12-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Sword Cannon is a must in my view. It's our wa's only skill with something like range 7 (right? forgot). Most wa has this skill. Spiraldoom is a very strange skill. Just a few months ago so like around August or so I think i still saw some wa using Spiraldoom, even those who are considered the Pro wa's in Mercury.

fsflashy
12-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Sword Cannon is a must in my view. It's our wa's only skill with something like range 7 (right? forgot). Most wa has this skill. Spiraldoom is a very strange skill. Just a few months ago so like around August or so I think i still saw some wa using Spiraldoom, even those who are considered the Pro wa's in Mercury.

why do you need sc as a range skill when you have sw and sq?

deamonreaper
12-11-2010, 02:27 AM
u get rooted, sq,sq,sc repeat if not dead

Forumcomplainer
12-11-2010, 02:36 AM
you won't be constantly spamming the skills. Unless your sw and sq are both 9. But most of the wa raised them to 18 and 12/15. In that case when both skills are cooling you can use sc? you can shoot some cannons too :o

Nanjirou
12-17-2010, 10:22 AM
Gotta have charge/ power stab for DPS. When you are lvling up its OK to use spiral doom/cascade break (Cascade break is probably one of the best skills for grinding) I ended up getting rid of Cascade for Sword Cannon cause its fun to use in PK/NW. You don't honestly need downbreaker but i keep mines cause it feels cool ._.