PDA

View Full Version : Noob Questions

Nymmastal
12-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I just started playing and I have a lot of noob questions. I've been reading the quests and learning from them but there's still a lot of unanswered questions.

Which chat channel do people generally talk in? Is there a chat where I can ask questions?

I'm a Lv6 wizard and I've been using the automatic stat points thing. Is that ok or should I have done something different?

How does the quick bar and the auto attack work? With auto attack it seems to cycle through all the skills on my quick bar and then melee when they're on cooldown. As a wizard I'm not comfortable running in melee range so should I turn off auto attack? What is normal for wizards?

What does the blue box mean on the quick bar? It's around the skill icon.

I've got Magic Arrow 2, Freeze 2, Burning Hand 1. Is there an advisable skill build or it doesn't matter?

If I want to play with other people, which server channel should I join? I'm on Venus. Should I join the ones that are almost full?

Thanks for reading and I will probably have more questions soon lol

Derenriche
12-09-2010, 05:35 PM
auto stat is fine until you reach lvl 60+ i think. you want to put point to meet rank up requirements, then equipment requirements. Extra points all go into int.

There no real chat channal per se, just move about the channals till you find your crowd i guess.

Auto attack is fine if you have enough skills so you always have something to cast, otherwise turn it off for now.

The blue box the currently selected skill.

Early lvl skills dont matter too much, just keep in mind cooldowns and manacosts. Raising skill lvl raises mana cost which means more money spent for it, likewise lvling skills also reduce cd upto lvl 9, after lvl it increases amp dmg but raises cd. For lowerlvls just keep skills at lvl 5 or 9 so you can use them in cycles due to lower cooldown and so you can save mana pots. Its also useful to save two arrow skills so you can use them to dummy grind.

Cabal is primarily a solo game till you reach lvl 70+, you only really party for this game when you start running dungeons. If you need a party for something just ask on channal shout. Its a good idea to join a guild by lvl 50ish so you can have people helping you as you play.