PDA

View Full Version : So how does pvp work?

kumo21
12-06-2010, 03:54 AM
So I've been watching PVP vids on youtube, and it seems that there's the freestyle tactical way, anything goes HP repot, dash, fade combos, blinks, break target, retarget, bull buffs, debuffs etc. and there's the man to man, face to face mash combo (1-5) no pots, no super buffs, no debuffs....I'm wondering which is the right pvp method for our server? I really think the freestyle tactical way is really cool cuz it seems harder and more complicated vs the more straightforward method...

fresstyle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGPKTqbN1hQ

man to man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9NzSxZEizo

phonpaseuth
12-06-2010, 04:29 AM
I didn't know we can debuff in combo. O.o

Mrshoveit
12-06-2010, 04:42 AM
u can debuff in pk.
freestyle pvp other known as a pk battle

kumo21
12-06-2010, 01:22 PM
So I'm guessing do we have to ask the person we're going to pvp if they want pvp or freestyle pvp? I've read some comments on youtube that some people praise freestyle while others bash it, imho it seems that freestyle is the most fair way because then you can fully utilize every aspect of your class, i mean in a general sense it doesn't seem fair to make a wizard stand face to face against like a warrior, pvping as if he too is a melee class.

Error
12-06-2010, 01:27 PM
So I'm guessing do we have to ask the person we're going to pvp if they want pvp or freestyle pvp? I've read some comments on youtube that some people praise freestyle while others bash it, imho it seems that freestyle is the most fair way because then you can fully utilize every aspect of your class, i mean in a general sense it doesn't seem fair to make a wizard stand face to face against like a warrior, pvping as if he too is a melee class.

Only in an ideal world.

But most players = stand still and 123combo.
It's the general in-game consensus that freestyle = LOLNOOBFADEDASHSTANDSTILLCUZISUK.

I'm pretty sure if you ask for freestyle beforehand, some people will oblige.
Oh and the pots, debuffs, blink/dash/fade, all that are usually 'OK' for PK or war channel.

NewEra
12-06-2010, 01:28 PM
ok 1:those vids are wayyyy old older than king kong and you can't debuff in combo anymore only dash i think> 2:thats PK channel known as ch20 war go there if your a noob that doesn't know how to pk and NW

Derenriche
12-09-2010, 05:25 PM
you can still debuff in combo but it requires a ridiculous amount of timing. Same with dash and fade. Theres a trick to it, if you use a melee skill at range, while your character is getting into position to use the skill you can switch to use any other skill like dash,fade, or debuff and it will execute.