PDA

View Full Version : need help with build

rellik
12-09-2010, 06:14 AM
hello my bl is 140 just finished rank up and i want to know if i should change anything
stats are att 948 cr 47/52(with skills) cd( 133/143 with skills) s amp 43

if i switched to bof's+3 slotted i would lose 12 att but gain 4 amp is it worth switching

rellik
12-09-2010, 07:22 AM
bump

cadacus_ater
12-09-2010, 09:50 AM
I'm of the opinion that bladers with over 900 attack are better off using bof+3 sloted if they can't get bof+6 or better, for two reasons.
First, I'm fairly certain we have the highest initial min damage % of the melee classes. In other words if you compare the melee classes at their base min damage values, bladers have the lowest variation between their normal damage on non-crit and their minimum damage.
Second, if your attack is high enough, amp becomes significantly better than attack in general, especially when you reach over 900 attack. I think a rough comparison, not at all accurate but ok for estimates, is 1 amp = 4 att. That is, to obtain damage similar to what you would have with 936 att and 47 amp, using 43 amp, you would need around 952 attack. The actual value you'd need is probably closer to 954 att with 43 amp.
Also keep in mind that your attack value is MUCH easier to increase than your amp value, so you can boost your amp with the bof+3 slotted, and as you continue to level your character, upgrade your weapons or whatever else to boost your attack, you gain even more benefit from the extra 4% amp.

rellik
12-09-2010, 05:42 PM
k thx now for my next question im using a +10 tit kat 40dmg att is 110 and a +8 forc blade 10 dmg att 170 would switching to 2 7 s amp +8 or higher blades be worth losing the 50 dmg or should i just go with 1 and keep using the tit kat

Hash
12-09-2010, 07:08 PM
k thx now for my next question im using a +10 tit kat 40dmg att is 110 and a +8 forc blade 10 dmg att 170 would switching to 2 7 s amp +8 or higher blades be worth losing the 50 dmg or should i just go with 1 and keep using the tit kat

it depends. in combo, fillers are more effective with the 2x s amp, but the higher crit damage is better for the "nuke" effect on high attack + skills (DT,LS,BS etc.). In BM2, the 2x s amp blades is a lot better than the 50cd. Personally i would get atleast 1 s amp blade. If you prefer bm2, i would swap the tita for the forcy s amp, but if u want a more balanced build, i would trade out the forcy 10cd.

cadacus_ater
12-09-2010, 07:15 PM
I would advise against replacing them with 2 7% amp forcium blades unless you plan on giving up war and pvp. Unless of course you got nothing better to buy and you have the alz for both, lol. I would keep the titanium and use an amp forcium with it. You could also consider looking at a 2-slot (both cdi), amp craft, or deathblow forcium weapon. All of these are good choices as well, if you plan on using the titanium for a while. I recommend you either get an amp forcy or a rate craft forcy. You will want to try to get 40+ rate and 140+ cdi if you want to be better in war/pvp (rate craft forcy would make this goal easier). Adding 2 bof+3 slot puts you at 47 amp (I'm assuming none of the amp comes from buffs or a helm), which is pretty solid, and adding amp forcy to that is a matter of preference. Go for it if you want more balanced damage output or if you focus on pve. If you can, try to improve your rings and helm. In general, bladers will aim for 30 cdi (unless they use rof+10) and use merg ring with rol+1 for 25 rate. The rest of their rate will come from a combination of a rate craft weapon or helm, an extended rate slot, a board, a pet and eventually, a rune

rellik
12-09-2010, 07:47 PM
k thx for the advice i think i will trade the forc out and who knows i might get lucky in ic1 and be able to trade the tit out also lol

Hash
12-09-2010, 08:35 PM
to be honest, im using a titanium weapon as of now. its decent when you have other gear to compensate, but as soon as i get some more alz im going to get 2x forcy db (damage not rate)/amp craft blades.