PDA

View Full Version : [ET's Guide] Pet training

EterNity
04-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Here is the guide I made long time ago for those who wanna train their pet the way I did it.

[General Guide]Pet Training (http://eternitydia.blogspot.com/2009/07/finally-level-10-pet.html)

Feel free to leave your comment on my blog. Thank you very much and hope you enjoy it! ^^

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 03:13 PM
can we leave comment here? :P

beowolf101
04-02-2010, 04:49 PM
can we leave comment here? :P
you just did

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 06:56 PM
thanks ET but is there a quick way for purely non-Blessing Bead? (do not count pet exp rune)

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 02:55 PM
thanks for guide, useful useful

GuardianPat
04-03-2010, 02:59 PM
yeah kinda... lol

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 03:01 PM
yeah kinda... lol

stop replying wit useless things LOL ur post count is going too high!!

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 04:19 PM
reddish hits me like 200 =.= how am i supposed to pet train on it

Forgotten
04-03-2010, 06:56 PM
Umm i don't even think this can work for me since the simple fact is im a wa and prob hit that thing hard enough with bare hands if i tried, need to be a higher mob that attacks slow like... the guys in forgotten ruin after the fire hallway... but nope =/ I will try to think of a good technique for me.. and share it if successful

BurgerKing
04-03-2010, 07:16 PM
nerd guide for nerds

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 09:15 PM
nerd guide for nerds

jealous of lvl 10 pets? i think so

EterNity
04-03-2010, 09:40 PM
Umm i don't even think this can work for me since the simple fact is im a wa and prob hit that thing hard enough with bare hands if i tried, need to be a higher mob that attacks slow like... the guys in forgotten ruin after the fire hallway... but nope =/ I will try to think of a good technique for me.. and share it if successful

If you are WA FB, or FS, use the shortest CD magic skill.
I choose Reddish cause it's HP is high enough for me to punch for a while. That way I can semi-AFK while training my pet.
Hope it will help a bit :)

GuardianPat
04-03-2010, 09:53 PM
semi-afk is still risky

EterNity
04-03-2010, 10:13 PM
semi-afk is still risky

of what?

I did got kicked off server few times when I was not able to type in the check codes fast enough...and I did that for weeks... o.O

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 10:15 PM
of what?

I did got kicked off server few times when I was not able to type in the check codes fast enough...and I did that for weeks... o.O

wut kind of gear do u hav? it hits me so much

EterNity
04-03-2010, 10:17 PM
wut kind of gear do u hav? it hits me so much

Forcium......I also purposely use regen amulet and also regen earrings too

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 10:19 PM
Forcium......I also purposely use regen amulet and also regen earrings too

oh no wonder, im wearing osm and trying to tank dat haha, maybe i should switch it to tg lets see if its better

GoughGhan
04-04-2010, 07:46 AM
From ET's blog, for those that don't want to go to another site.....

After few weeks of "pet training," I finally got my lovely pet to level 10!

well, I should call it punching Cauda.

yes, I had been punching Reddish Cauda in FGR for weeks.

Three weeks ago, my pet was only level 8 about 60% exp in it.

I got it from level 9 0% to level 10 in one week! yes! one week.

This is how I do it! If you have the patient and willing to improve your character...DO IT!

1. Find a Reddish Cauda in any channel. (prefer premium channel so less interference)

2. Learn Impact Stab and Flash Draw then upgrade them to level 9

3. Get your defense as high as possible and get as high regeneration as possible.

4. Take off all your gear that has "add damage, critical damage, and critical rate" on it. (Ex. Bracelets, RoS+?,RoL+?)

5. Use
premium (25%),
Blessing bead - Plus (25%),
Blessing bead - Pet (100%),
Soul Ability - Pet EXP (50% at level 10)
Total : 200% Pet EXP increase.

6. hit on Reddish Cauda!!
It took me about 1 hour and half to kill one; however, the security codes will pop-up if you AFK on Cauda too long.
The security codes seems to be random. It shows up somewhere between 30 minutes to 1 and half hours.
Fail to key-in codes on time will result kicking out of server.
This security check was originally design to stop bots, but it never works.
(Quite sad. This made us legit players can't skilling on monsters)

7. Be patient, be patient, and be patient.

8. You got it! Level 10 pet!!

Here is my progress over 7 days!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fR_JCF-S2yM/SmBtMffrPpI/AAAAAAAAAMQ/nFw0-U9WZV8/s1600/Pet%2Bexp.JPG

I had been doing this since last month. I did not count how long it took me from level 8 to level 9.

However, I do have series of ScreenShots from almost every days!

Level 9 to level 10 took me a whole week of training, roughly 18 hours a day non-stop.

My tomaboy is finally level 10! This cutie lai has been with me for more than 1 year.

I bought this pet on the very first day of item shop. (They opened item shop few weeks after Open Beta)