PDA

View Full Version : New to Cabal - Have some questions...

TehDesolate
12-24-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey everyone,

I just joined a few days ago and I had a question about some of the skills as well as a few general pvp and pve questions...

The Enchant/Fire Blade/Ice Blade/Lightning Blade weapon buff... I looked it up on the wiki and compared them all but I just wanted to ask the community. Is there any real reason a force blader should keep all of the weapon buffs or just de-skill the old weapon buff and get the next weapon buff when it unlocks?

And for the sword skills, what would be recommended for a low level character? I noticed that I cannot learn all of the skills available to me and that I have to pick (currently 7) skills that I want to level up and use. Right now I am currently leveling them to 6 (minus Dash) because I do not know if I should level them fully or not.

What should I be looking for in PvP gear as well as PvE gear? My assumption is critical rate and damage would be beneficial to PvP and HP/MP steal would be beneficial for PvE... What else should I be looking for?

Thanks in advance!

NewEra
12-26-2010, 08:23 AM
1: you always always have to keep you're blade buffs there important they give crit dmg and attack +rate keep all of em
2:for pvp you need sword amp,in battle suit or armor or martial.sword amp in you're boots and gloves,crit dmg in you're helm.use forcium katana 7% sword amp if you dont have enough alz just use osm crit dmg for now til you get forcium and get lapis crystal or orb 27crit dmg til you can get forcy or lapis 36CD...if you're base attack is low use forcium and lapis in the other hand since topaz is expensive nowadays

TehDesolate
12-26-2010, 11:02 AM
So I should keep Enchant, even though it's the weakest sword buff? I can only use one weapon buff at a time as far as I know...

Thanks for the info :)

Berserk_Fury
12-26-2010, 01:15 PM
You will never use enchant once you get the higher one. You will use lightning from the point you get it, until end game. You will start using ice blade after 140 rankup, and fire blade after 170 rankup. Honestly though you could just unlearn them until those levels, it doesn't cost much and you can have extra magic points to use on skills until then.

TehDesolate
12-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Also, I noticed that there are multiple offensive magic skills, like Stone Cannon and Lightning Cannon, for example. Is there any reason why I should have multiple skills or just stick with the most powerful?

BamOwnage
12-27-2010, 05:34 PM
Keep stone, lightning, aqua, and wind cannon for your bm1 ^^ makes it stronger

Hollowichigo
12-29-2010, 12:01 AM
1: you always always have to keep you're blade buffs there important they give crit dmg and attack +rate keep all of em
2:for pvp you need sword amp,in battle suit or armor or martial.sword amp in you're boots and gloves,crit dmg in you're helm.use forcium katana 7% sword amp if you dont have enough alz just use osm crit dmg for now til you get forcium and get lapis crystal or orb 27crit dmg til you can get forcy or lapis 36CD...if you're base attack is low use forcium and lapis in the other hand since topaz is expensive nowadays

Why?
Why battlesuit or martial when you can wear armor(when you dont have tera or above). def rate has ABSOULUTLY no use in PvP.

NewEra
12-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Why?
Why battlesuit or martial when you can wear armor(when you dont have tera or above). def rate has ABSOULUTLY no use in PvP.

didn't you ready i put battle suit or armor or martial?????

TehDesolate
01-04-2011, 08:34 PM
Any tips on where to train from 65 -> 70 or 80? I've been gaining about 10 levels every day that I've played, give or take a level, but I've only been able to squeeze out 3 today :/ (63 -> 66).

BamOwnage
01-04-2011, 11:00 PM
65-74 go lake in the dusk and farm the orc mobs. 75-100 go to ruina station and farm mechbuffaloes

TehDesolate
01-08-2011, 11:37 AM
I have a question about the battle modes...

I've noticed that while in BM2, Force Kick, Abyssal Crystal and Infernal Stigma change to a second BM2 special move, which does a lot of damage as well as aoe damage and is instantly repeatable.

I've already enabled the expanded quick slot row and I'm running out of room for more skills that I want to add.

Is BM2 really worth keeping or is BM1 more powerful than BM2? (I have Aqua, Lightning, Stone and Wind Cannon buffs for BM1)

This is my current skill setup:

Berserk_Fury
01-08-2011, 06:44 PM
You shouldn't be using skills in bm2, just turn auto attack on and use normal attack. Then ask someone to show you how to retarget, and do it after the second bm2 hit.

Also, you know you have more than 1 skill bar right?

TehDesolate
01-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Yeah, I do.. I just like to have everything that I'm using on one bar so I don't have to switch over... I'll experiment with setting up a second bar though.

I also have a question about the Astral Weapon skill on the 'Special' Tab... When do I get that? I've been trying to find out for a while and I can't seem to find the answer... Thanks again!

Edit: Just tried retargeting after looking it up on the web... That's pretty cool!

Berserk_Fury
01-08-2011, 07:18 PM
FBs don't get astral weapons.

TehDesolate
01-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Ah, that would explain it then. Thanks for the info!