PDA

View Full Version : DPS and combo

Sabuvok
04-18-2010, 07:41 PM
I've got 3 questions xP
the last 2 depend on the answer of the first question.

1. Does skill order change DPS?
- Does "impact stab -> Rising shot -> Soaring shot" have a higher DPS than "Soaring shot -> Impact Stab -> Rising shot"

2. If no, should i use Shield Splinter first? This way, i could have the poison effect in PvP without losing any DPS because skill order does not matter.

3. If yes, how can I tell which order of skills will have the greatest DPS?

Sheep
04-18-2010, 07:59 PM
start with ss for pure power crit.
Order doesn't matter.
Don't use rising shot, is s. Replace it with shield charge.

WIpwns
04-19-2010, 03:45 AM
replace soaring shot with shield charge
i use splinter>force kick> impact stab> shield charge>rising shot>splinter>shield break

Leonhart
04-19-2010, 08:15 AM
My base combo is Force Kick>Impact Stab>Shield Charge>Power Slash. Shield Splinter/Shield Ray/Shield Break are used where I think they are best suited.

BTW this thread shoulda been posted here: http://forum.cabal.com/forumdisplay.php?14-Force-Shielder

imaNinja
04-19-2010, 09:30 AM
never start a fs combo with ss >_>. leon's combo is the best so far for dps. i switched stab and charge around tho so that its fk-charge-stab-power slash-ss/sb. that way if u start to chase u can either ss or ray then charge back and maybe finish with sb depending on health.

LastHour
04-19-2010, 02:24 PM
never start a fs combo with ss >_>. leon's combo is the best so far for dps. i switched stab and charge around tho so that its fk-charge-stab-power slash-ss/sb. that way if u start to chase u can either ss or ray then charge back and maybe finish with sb depending on health.

Any FS thats not OP enough to finish with splinter/break or using fk->splinter->ded shouldn't be using splinter as an opener/secondary move. Just another reason why FS is one of the most commonly failed classes...

Sabuvok
04-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Im not asking for help with what skills to put in combo o.o
those skills are examples lol
sorry for posting it in the wrong spot o.o
but i didnt want the opinion of only FS cause the thread's main point is whether order of skills matters

Cause of the order does not matter, theres no point in finishing with splinter/break. Instead, I could put SS first so i get the poison damage and just finish with break when needed

o.o the only person who acctually answered my question was sheep. So if anybody has any other opinions...

LastHour, could you reword that? i dont think i really undersood waht you posted

Leonhart
04-19-2010, 07:32 PM
Im not asking for help with what skills to put in combo o.o
those skills are examples lol
sorry for posting it in the wrong spot o.o
but i didnt want the opinion of only FS cause the thread's main point is whether order of skills matters

Cause of the order does not matter, theres no point in finishing with splinter/break. Instead, I could put SS first so i get the poison damage and just finish with break when needed

o.o the only person who acctually answered my question was sheep. So if anybody has any other opinions...

LastHour, could you reword that? i dont think i really undersood waht you posted

We told you Splinter first isn't always the best idea =P

Order does matter, since in PVP dmg is dealt immediately when you cast the skill. Splinter first can actually lowers your DPS as opposed to last or during a chase. But when you use a skill depends on a variety of factors. Since my FS has relatively high HP it can stand to use Splinter first if I felt like it.

The reason why splinter first could lower your dps is, you have to wait for the skill to finish to continue. When applied last, they would be dead if there was enough dmg. Also during a chase instead of running around you could apply that splinter instead, though there are various skills to counter chase.

Ex: Splinter First (Then let them do dmg to you while you wait for it to cast) or Splinter Last (Wait for skill to finish animating since they are dead).

Last hour was saying that if you can't 2hit people with splinter+another skill then you shouldn't be using splinter first at all. (Note I don't fully agree with the statement)

You just have to mess around and see what works for you. I could ramble on about many factors x_X.

Sabuvok
04-19-2010, 09:31 PM
Mkay. I was playing around with a damage calc, and apparently SS is one of my higher dps skills. its like 300 or so o.o (unno how nubby that is, but its decent compared to other skils. beats soaring shot)
So i was thinking about the poison damage, since that would do about 120 or so damage which could help quite a bit.

The problem i found with using splinter last, is that i dont normally live long enough to have splinter as my final skill. So that even if it doesnt crit, they still die. (havent tried this with my new combo)
so ive often had to do: DPS skills -> ss -> sb.
So since im not even using SS as a "finisher" mine as well use it first or middle and get the poison damage right?

Leonhart
04-19-2010, 10:06 PM
You can use splinter first if it works for you. It works for me a lot but it's not always the most ideal choice.

Though I am a little confused. With my base combo I'd have to die in 3~ secs to not be able to use splinter. That's about how long it takes to cast splinter. I'm guessing your current combo doesn't have much DPS to it?

You wants to do: Fast Skills -> Splinter/Break

Chris
04-19-2010, 10:23 PM
start with ss for pure power crit.
Order doesn't matter.
Don't use rising shot, is s. Replace it with shield charge.

Order doesnt matter? cmon sheep u know better than that

Shield charge>FK>impact>rising>splinter>shield break
if your the right level you shouldnt even have to use shield break rofl, u can even take rising shot out if u dont need it, its there just in case
GG

Sabuvok
04-21-2010, 04:01 PM
How about a combo for someone with 840 attk, 49 cr, 142 cdi?