PDA

View Full Version : Stat Build for a Dex-based FB

UnluckyOrpheus
01-03-2011, 12:10 AM
First post in forums, but long-time player (back in the days of OGP). Finally returned to the game a few weeks ago after a several-year hiatus.

Been reading around the forums, and I've got a pretty good idea of how I want to build my FB - I want an sFB with a focus on Dex.

So here's what I need to know-- At what point do I stop putting points into STR and INT and start piling them into DEX? An exact number would be great, but general ideas would be awesome too.

Thanks a lot for the input.

If it helps, here's my current stat build :

Level 80 -

STR - 222
INT - 220
DEX - 204

I neglected DEX at first in favor of INT and STR, but after reading around in forums, and realizing I don't use magic attacks AT ALL, I realize this is a pretty big mistake. I'm thinking that since I'm only at level 80, though, it shouldn't be too late to turn this back around, and I can maybe avoid using any Extract Pots.

Once again, thanks again for the advice. Hope to get good enough one day to have have some of you know my name. ;D

---------

inb4 sFB blows. Please just stat advice, no trolls. |:

Nanjirou
01-03-2011, 12:14 AM
All depends on your weps. Take the weapon u want and build stats accordingly.

UnluckyOrpheus
01-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Right on, so base this solely on the weapon?

Definitely appreciated.

Nathaniel
01-03-2011, 12:31 AM
Minimum STR and INT you need to wear your gear and put all other points into DEX.

UnluckyOrpheus
01-03-2011, 12:46 AM
Gotcha. I was more hoping for a pre-defined amount or a general idea, probably more so for my own curiosity's sake. But it's looking like it all comes down to bare minimums with gear on.

Thanks everyone for the input. Guess I'll do some research into gear now.

Berserk_Fury
01-03-2011, 05:11 AM
I think until you get a forcium weapon it's 227 str and int, unless you need more for other gear.

Joy
01-03-2011, 05:35 AM
Actually, if you're building your stats around a Forcium weapon, your best bet is a Katana, since it requires less Int/Str than a blade. The stats on a Forcium Katana at +8 are 272 Str, 204 Int and 272 Dex, but you need 227 Int for a Lapis/Topaz crystal at +8. If you decide to use Armorset, you'll need 283 Str and only 227 Int for a good +, but if you decide to use Battleset, you'll only need 227 Str and Int. So unless you want to use Armorset, you'll only need 272 Str, 227 Int, and the rest can go in Dex. If you want to use an Osmium Blade instead, you'll need 283 Str, if you want an Osmium Katana, you'll be able to keep 227 Str, 227 Int and put the rest in Dex. It depends on your weapon, really.

UnluckyOrpheus
01-03-2011, 06:09 AM
I considered the Armor set, but in the end, won't it come down to class-specific gear, such as Teragrace (FB) and Forcium (FB)? It sounds like no matter how I'd build my stats, they'll need to be tailored to Battle in the end.

Is it a viable option to just stick with an OSM Armor set? Or is there a better set that I'm unaware of that isn't class-specific?

Mat
01-03-2011, 06:10 AM
fb tg with amp costs less than osm armor with s amp but has more def..so..

tg= higher def less cost
osm armor = lower def more cost

i think you can figure it out

UnluckyOrpheus
01-03-2011, 06:15 AM
You got me there.

Thanks for the input. ;D That's what I was planning on with that info, but people suggesting Armor made me think that maybe I was going about thinking about it the wrong way.

Thanks again for the input.