PDA

View Full Version : As a FA

Zheme
01-05-2011, 03:53 PM
which lances should i get and which ones are the best. I've heard people have fire and terra lance(was one more but don't remember but it was also commonly used) and are they better than cannons or should i wait for cannons? and are they really that strong that people keep em even at high high levels?
thanks ;)

yummy
01-05-2011, 07:50 PM
well. i use lances for pvp.. but cannons for pve.. i only use 2 lances which is terra and fire. crit shot, shadowshot, 2 lances, and finishers is enough for pvp. for cannons.. 3 is enough. i used aqua for 3rd cannon. guess it depends how you setup your pve combo. so it can be 2 or 3 cannons. up to you.

oh btw, yes cannnons are stronger than lances, damage wise :) to use them in pvp or pve.. its up to you. some people do use cannons in pvp. but i guess that just depends on what they feel like pressing XD

Tysukiomi
01-05-2011, 07:51 PM
z.z yum, you have too many characters lol seems like u post on every class sub-forum:P

Zheme
01-06-2011, 12:31 PM
so is it weird or bad to mix em up. i dont wanan be weak in pvp but then i dont wanna be weak in pve as well. i was planning on having on having 1 lance and 1 cannon? btw which lance and cannon is the best one? i can't choose >.<
Most people have terra and fire so are those the best ones? lighting has the second best dmg and best knock back and amp but has most cooldown and casting time. freezing lance has highest damage and decent knock back % and mid amp, also lowest casting time and cooldown time. Fire has high amp though not the higest, mid dmg to high dmg and decent knock back. so how do i choose and know which one does the most damage?

Zheme
01-06-2011, 12:39 PM
so i guess crit shot 20 is bad for pve or no? i have it at level 12 right now. is the cool down gonna go down as i make it higher?

Zheme
01-06-2011, 05:09 PM
ok thanks and which lance is best. i bought fire but now im thinking that later i'll take it out for cannons because they seem a lot stronger and i am a lot more of a pve guy because pve has a lot more to offer than pvp but pvp is really fun and i don't wanna avoid it. gonna c which combos i can get later on. I might be worrying a little 2 much for only level 37 :P

Zheme
01-06-2011, 05:22 PM
terra lance and no youre doing fine. its good to worry
thanks and is it the speed of terra lance that makes it strong because freezing is the strongest when it comes to damgae. so like i can use terra like 3 times and do for example 900 dmg which other ones i can only use 2 times in the same time and do less than 900. is that what makes it stronger?

Zheme
01-07-2011, 01:57 PM
well going by amp wouldn't the one with 70% be stronger. I think freezing lance has 70% but i could be wrong. and highest damage. i guess terra is quick and good amp. but almost expert. im capped out at 62/63 and once im 40 im and do my rank up ima buy cannons(stone and fire or whatever its called, though fire is questionable for another one) and drop lance because i need attacks that affect more than 1 monster. even though i have piercing attack skills.

yummy
01-09-2011, 01:31 AM
uh you dont need to delete them. you'll get more slots for more skills later. but lvl your crit shot to 20. for the rest,you can just leave them at lvl9 or 12 till you reach higher lvl. i kept 2lance and 2 cannons for pve. cuz for low lvl... crit shot, shadowshot,2 cannons is all you need for pve XD dont waste money on drill shot, or prismatic arrow. they're only for looks XD

yummy
01-09-2011, 01:32 AM
z.z yum, you have too many characters lol seems like u post on every class sub-forum:P

well.. the only class i dont play is FB and BL hehe.

Error
01-09-2011, 08:53 AM
well going by amp wouldn't the one with 70% be stronger. I think freezing lance has 70% but i could be wrong. and highest damage. i guess terra is quick and good amp. but almost expert. im capped out at 62/63 and once im 40 im and do my rank up ima buy cannons(stone and fire or whatever its called, though fire is questionable for another one) and drop lance because i need attacks that affect more than 1 monster. even though i have piercing attack skills.

It's not just the amp factor but it's all the values of the skill that make it better than the other lances. Iirc, it was always Terra > Fire > Aqua > Freezing > Wind > Lightning. Lightning looks the strongest but it's the slowest which gives less time for you to kill your opponent before they kill you. And I'm pretty sure Freezing Lance is the same cast time as Terra but Terra has a higher amp anyways. I think you were looking at their add. attack.

I'm not your traditional FA but I never use cannons and PvE is a walk in the park for me, I find the Lance AoE to be better than the Cannon AoE. Higher level mobs that you should be training on all have a large enough hitbox that lances hit them even if they're not in a straight line. It's probably just my playstyle though.

Zheme
01-10-2011, 09:24 AM
yea i got crit shot 20, precision 20, the defense buff 20, stone/lighiting cannon at 6. I also have magic arrow and the other one but at level 1. thats only for skilling and will get rid of it later on. I'm not gonna get drilled shot or prismatic arrow. MIGHT get prismatic arrow but i doubt i will need it.also might buy fire lance/cannon. lighitng hits pretty hard and has .3 or .5 more casting time than other ones which didn't seem that much to me.