PDA

View Full Version : Def vs Dmg for FA Class

Kratos
01-06-2011, 11:03 AM
Its me again..... This is not another post about martial vs battle but i just want to post another question for you pro Force Archer's out there. Is defense a problem for Force Archer's if we neglect it and forcus more on damage since we lack magic attack in PvE (dungeon, bosshunting, nation war) wise? Thanks for replying to last post.....

Zheme
01-07-2011, 02:01 PM
you can always meet in the middle. 50%, 50% of both. but if u feel like u need more damage u might what to push up the damage % and keep raising it until u think it's at a point where your defense isn't 2 weak and your attacks are good.

Deathlymonkey
01-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Its pretty useless to be able to tank bosses but not break their regen...id focus on damage first.

Zheme
01-07-2011, 02:20 PM
well you shouldn't go for your defense if you damage isn't high enough. If your damage is good or high then you should focus on defense but if you have low damage then focus on getting higher damage.like deathly said if boses have regen low damage is gonna be a I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥.

MamaMiaYoe
01-08-2011, 08:19 AM
Is HP a problem for Force Archer's if we neglect it and forcus more on damage since we lack magic attack in PvE (dungeon, bosshunting, nation war) wise?

Fix'd

and to answer that,YES. this is infact a very common situation among many force archers! >.<

Defense dont really speak that much for OSM build FA's - the majority. If you are forcium amp (even PC sig), you still have to alteast get your gears to +8 above for the defense to do something.

Kratos
01-09-2011, 03:52 AM
Ok, thanks for all the help you pro FA's...... atm im 141 just lvl xD and i find it hard to solo Magnus Penna's atleast, i haven't tried FT B1F yet. Concerning Penna's the time i take to heal when my hp pots are on cd cuz i get hit like a I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ it regens back hp. So i need some help again im an Osm Martial FA and this is my stats atm. plz tell me what i need to change to be able to solo penna and ft b1f plz. If i need to hit lvl150 or lvl160 let me know as well. How much def i need?

Hp 2784
Mtk 952
Def 637
cri 45%
cdi 115%
mamp 41%
Hp Absorb 6%
Max Hp Steal 124

Deathlymonkey
01-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Ok, thanks for all the help you pro FA's...... atm im 141 just lvl xD and i find it hard to solo Magnus Penna's atleast, i haven't tried FT B1F yet. Concerning Penna's the time i take to heal when my hp pots are on cd cuz i get hit like a I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ it regens back hp. So i need some help again im an Osm Martial FA and this is my stats atm. plz tell me what i need to change to be able to solo penna and ft b1f plz. If i need to hit lvl150 or lvl160 let me know as well. How much def i need?

Hp 2784
Mtk 952
Def 637
cri 45%
cdi 115%
mamp 41%
Hp Absorb 6%
Max Hp Steal 124

Remember to switch rings when you go bm2 + aura

Kratos
01-10-2011, 07:58 AM
So your saying i dont need to change anything? Is my stats good enough to solo ft b1f and magnus penna's? Also, can't i bm2 + AoS then extend before its through for longer bm2? cuz i dont think i can kill it in one bm2 + aura... Gonna exchange cr+1's for ros+9's that should help a bit.

Chris
01-20-2011, 08:19 AM
FA is a damage class, you have to deal as much damage to a single target as fast as humanly possible. If I was in nation war and i had to be partnered with an FA in full forcium and crap damage, then i wouldnt even rely on him to do his job, because he/she will not get it done. An FA is not there to tank, its there to dps, let others worry about getting hit, if you start getting hit, your not doing your job properly..

FA is there to make sure the person being hit dies. That doesnt mean chasing him down like a wizard that means.. if you are partnered with a warrior, and the warrior is hitting someone, you hit him too to make sure the warrior doesnt die first. you have to ensure the person your hitting dies, or you ks the kill. a defense-built FA wont do that.

Defense only comes into play AFTER you max your attack. Its the FAs like Excision that in the end hit you just as hard as an all amped FA, but can tank all of your hits like you bought your weapons at toys r us.... idk i can go on all day about this, its hard to explain things over forums, i mean im probably gonna get a bunch of retards that dont know a thing about FAs start disagreeing with what im saying, when in the end im the one trippling and quadroopling their score in war, and im the one 1 barring pennas while they die running to check derk, so whatevs, msg me in game if u need extra help, would be much easier if i could see your gears and we could take it from there :D

DivineWrath
01-20-2011, 08:44 AM
FA is a damage class, you have to deal as much damage to a single target as fast as humanly possible. If I was in nation war and i had to be partnered with an FA in full forcium and crap damage, then i wouldnt even rely on him to do his job, because he/she will not get it done. An FA is not there to tank, its there to dps, let others worry about getting hit, if you start getting hit, your not doing your job properly..

FA is there to make sure the person being hit dies. That doesnt mean chasing him down like a wizard that means.. if you are partnered with a warrior, and the warrior is hitting someone, you hit him too to make sure the warrior doesnt die first. you have to ensure the person your hitting dies, or you ks the kill. a defense-built FA wont do that.

Defense only comes into play AFTER you max your attack. Its the FAs like Excision that in the end hit you just as hard as an all amped FA, but can tank all of your hits like you bought your weapons at toys r us.... idk i can go on all day about this, its hard to explain things over forums, i mean im probably gonna get a bunch of retards that dont know a thing about FAs start disagreeing with what im saying, when in the end im the one trippling and quadroopling their score in war, and im the one 1 barring pennas while they die running to check derk, so whatevs, msg me in game if u need extra help, would be much easier if i could see your gears and we could take it from there :D

LOL chris, you dont know anything about FA xD

Chris
01-20-2011, 08:52 AM
LOL chris, you dont know anything about FA xD

nope :)

Ash
01-21-2011, 05:19 AM

so true =]
and 1 more thing, RUN when ur tanker/tankers are about to die LOL

DivineWrath
01-21-2011, 02:25 PM
so true =]
and 1 more thing, RUN when ur tanker/tankers are about to die LOL

lol, i hated when i lagged in war and everyone tanking either died or ran away and left me to die :P

Drew
01-21-2011, 04:16 PM
heck, if ur with an epic warrior, just keep healing him^^ and he'll close them out all lol

osm battleset +9 all just give 700 def. if u go tg or forci for higher def, u have to avoid compromising ur m.amp as much as possible. you see our dilemma?

thus far, up to PF cornus, stun still works pretty well. That's really what saves us, and vamp, really. Idk about PI tho. I'll tell u when i get there.

DivineWrath
01-21-2011, 04:20 PM
heck, if ur with an epic warrior, just keep healing him^^ and he'll close them out all lol

osm battleset +9 all just give 700 def. if u go tg or forci for higher def, u have to avoid compromising ur m.amp as much as possible. you see our dilemma?

thus far, up to PF cornus, stun still works pretty well. That's really what saves us, and vamp, really. Idk about PI tho. I'll tell u when i get there.

yea sonic is like 100% stun in pi xD

Chris
01-24-2011, 06:37 AM
yea sonic is like 100% stun in pi xD

nub, so is every other stun skill <3

DivineWrath
01-24-2011, 09:11 AM
nub, so is every other stun skill <3

yea yea, just FA only get 2 stun skills so sometimes you gotta use knockback/down in pve