PDA

View Full Version : SFS PVE GEARS - help please.

Boomshine
01-07-2011, 04:00 PM
Hello cabalianz.

I'm currently in the lv 80's and I'm going straight up for a PVE build char.

I knew mf, pf, and higher maps and dungeons are quite hard sometimes to solo and grind, I guess.

So what should I get (gears) to survive and solo grinding and dungeons at lv 110 till 180 without too much difficulties, it's obvious it might be still hard but you know what I mean.

I will appreciate hints, helps, tips, replies, anything.
Thank you and good day.

Boomshine.

NOTE : I didn't post any stats because I'm mixed with titanium and bluestin.

PSBeardy
01-07-2011, 04:03 PM
Amp and vamp.....crit in helm and weps, no secret or trick.

Boomshine
01-07-2011, 04:09 PM
Amp and vamp.....crit in helm and weps, no secret or trick.

uh ok but can you specify more about the gears? Like what kind of amp, crits etc...
example like if it's stit amp, crits in ....? vamp in.....

Thanks.

PSBeardy
01-07-2011, 05:54 PM
OSM DB 36% damage helm pretty standard....
OSM Suit 7% S.Amp Suit w/ 100 or 50HP ShineGuard or Forci when able...
Stit Gloves and Boots 7% S.Amp SG or Forci When able....
Blade....Can be Damage or S.Amp
Xtal......Same, for weps PVE I use Forci Amp +11 higher dps and just monster base att.
Ami..... Vampire highest + you can
Earrings....Same as Ami.
Rings...1 Merg., 1 Ext.+4, 2 ROF9's or 10's or Crit +2's
Braclets... BOF 3's slotted or BOF 6's
Epu.... EOF 7+
Red Board
Vital Belt 4
Keep in mind this is PVE only but hey with this I can Auto Att in PI...

Boomshine
01-10-2011, 09:45 AM
I got osm blade +10 with 27% crit dmg. Is it still good?
I like the +11 forcium but too much, can't afford items with high prices.
For the crystal, what about a lapis dmg or amp at +9 or more is it any good?
And why are gloves and boots stit amp? This is going more into pvp than pve.

PSBeardy
01-10-2011, 01:51 PM
Amp is king for PVE as well...The principle is to cause as much damage and absorb as much as you can. The benefit is in higher lvl dungeons, you also have enough damage to break through def of bosses and thier regen, which Will or guard won't let you do. Look at it this way the one real weakness of a FS is DPS, or the lack thereof, you can overcome this with higher amp.

Boomshine
01-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Amp is king for PVE as well...The principle is to cause as much damage and absorb as much as you can. The benefit is in higher lvl dungeons, you also have enough damage to break through def of bosses and thier regen, which Will or guard won't let you do. Look at it this way the one real weakness of a FS is DPS, or the lack thereof, you can overcome this with higher amp.

Ok can you tell me what's good to have between this :

stit gloves and boots +9 7% samp or shineguard +9 5% samp? I'll lose 40 defense if I go with shineguard, 40 defense with the 2 items.

stit +9 = 96 def - shineguard +9 = 116 def (non slot)

PSBeardy
01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
always go with PC as it makes no sense to do less i currently still use STit 7% gloves and will eventually replace with Forci 7% amp. You really shouldn't need to worry much about Def. man for us it is all about the damage.

KonaKona
01-20-2011, 04:27 PM
U need three things 1)high def so u can survive longer 2)vamp, so u can get hp back 3) gear with enough damage to enable u to vamp better. BAsically u should only be thinking forcium for the best PVE gear. Forcy amp is good but its expensive so just try to get at least +8 forcium suit, gloves, boots, even helm. Suit and boots, hp or regen/vamp is good. For weps, +8 10% cd should do fine. I usually just use one regen ring, two vamp earrings and vamp amulet and Im good.

Boomshine
02-03-2011, 09:23 AM
U need three things 1)high def so u can survive longer 2)vamp, so u can get hp back 3) gear with enough damage to enable u to vamp better. BAsically u should only be thinking forcium for the best PVE gear. Forcy amp is good but its expensive so just try to get at least +8 forcium suit, gloves, boots, even helm. Suit and boots, hp or regen/vamp is good. For weps, +8 10% cd should do fine. I usually just use one regen ring, two vamp earrings and vamp amulet and Im good.

How about this in mutant forest :
750-900 def
5-10% life absorb ring (1 or 2 rings) or either extortion bracelets instead of those life absorb rings then use 2 rof+9 instead of 2 bof+2 or higher.
vamp amulet +3
vamp earrings +2-5

Good or less average?

PSBeardy
02-03-2011, 09:31 AM
no and the guy suggesting non amp forci over non forci amp is an idiot, you will do ok with all amp stit and above as long as you have your vamp in line. Use amp armor and weps or Crit in weps, BOF's and put on Vamp ammy, earrings and extortion rings and you should be more then ok. The more damage you do, the more you vamp back, the faster the mobs die and the faster you level. Why would anyone waste a single alz +'ing fail forcium....just fail do not listen to his advice.

Boomshine
02-03-2011, 01:14 PM
no and the guy suggesting non amp forci over non forci amp is an idiot, you will do ok with all amp stit and above as long as you have your vamp in line. Use amp armor and weps or Crit in weps, BOF's and put on Vamp ammy, earrings and extortion rings and you should be more then ok. The more damage you do, the more you vamp back, the faster the mobs die and the faster you level. Why would anyone waste a single alz +'ing fail forcium....just fail do not listen to his advice.

Ok well I will contact you if anything else I need. Thanks.

stealth305
02-10-2011, 06:08 AM
dude it called force absorb ring +3, vamp earings +4 and all pvp gear, if u need pve gear for a FS your pathetic...lol and more amp/cd=more exp per hit=less time grinding. FS's have good def so it shouldnt b a problem griding, just have all ur gear lyk +7-9 and it should b ez.

KonaKona
02-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Lol u can survive with anything in MF nowadays with the nerfed mob damage but go to PI in the middle and see how far u can survive with s.tit/osm amp gear. Two dogs attacking u from behind and ur gone. even if you combo like crazy, u gonna be one 1-2 hit, which mean u have to BM up, then rest later to get SP. For the longest, sustained grind, NOTHING beats forcium with vamp. When PF was the place to grind, I tried grinding with osm/sg amp gear and just die more often, which mean u have to dash back to grind spot a lot(very irritating). Thats why I got a set of cheap FC grind gear, all +8 the later +11 two of them (hey because they're not amp doesnt mean they are fail gear, they serve their purpose. And they dont cost 2-3b alz per piece). Even if the fc gear is not +8, the def difference can be huge. +9 osm is like what 106 def, while +4-5 fc easily 130. And its easy to +4-5 forcy.

chainlock
02-10-2011, 08:41 PM
Lol u can survive with anything in MF nowadays with the nerfed mob damage but go to PI in the middle and see how far u can survive with s.tit/osm amp gear. Two dogs attacking u from behind and ur gone. even if you combo like crazy, u gonna be one 1-2 hit, which mean u have to BM up, then rest later to get SP. For the longest, sustained grind, NOTHING beats forcium with vamp. When PF was the place to grind, I tried grinding with osm/sg amp gear and just die more often, which mean u have to dash back to grind spot a lot(very irritating). Thats why I got a set of cheap FC grind gear, all +8 the later +11 two of them (hey because they're not amp doesnt mean they are fail gear, they serve their purpose. And they dont cost 2-3b alz per piece). Even if the fc gear is not +8, the def difference can be huge. +9 osm is like what 106 def, while +4-5 fc easily 130. And its easy to +4-5 forcy.

You pve combo is bad if you can't survive, not your gear.

DivineWrath
02-11-2011, 03:52 AM

i tanked pi with my FA >.>

ROFLwiz
02-11-2011, 06:41 AM
wait fs's need pve gear?

Emie
02-12-2011, 03:53 AM
wait fs's need pve gear?

I agree with this. FS have the highest natural defense in the game; many FS have as much defense in Osmium as other classes do in Forcium. All you really need is a decent amount of HP steal and HP steal % from accessories, and prodigious use of Shield Splinter in your PVE combo. Shield splinter has the second highest AOE of all FS skills, and also has the added benefit of 70% stun. All you need to do is combo and you can get by in PVP gear.

forumpost
02-13-2011, 07:06 AM

This guy knows what he is talking about.

DivineWrath
02-13-2011, 07:49 AM
I agree with this. FS have the highest natural defense in the game; many FS have as much defense in Osmium as other classes do in Forcium. All you really need is a decent amount of HP steal and HP steal % from accessories, and prodigious use of Shield Splinter in your PVE combo. Shield splinter has the second highest AOE of all FS skills, and also has the added benefit of 70% stun. All you need to do is combo and you can get by in PVP gear.

i normally dont even combo(too lazy) and i still do fine in pi w/o forci

KonaKona
02-13-2011, 09:15 PM
My point is that you CAN go PI with s.tit/osm amp gear, but you die more often. I have fc. pve gear before I had fc amp gear and I can stay in PI all day without combo, without bm and dont die a single time. And thats with like 10+ something bats and dogs around hitting you at the same time. That can't be said if u have stit/osm amp gear. You will do fine (relatively speaking) but you will die a few more times. And I dont like that. If you are fine with that, thats good I guess.

Mat
02-13-2011, 09:22 PM
this rule applies for any class, but go with the highest dps setup you can while maintaining survivability while grinding...more dmg = more exp = faster lvling

PSBeardy
02-19-2011, 10:30 AM
this rule applies for any class, but go with the highest dps setup you can while maintaining survivability while grinding...more dmg = more exp = faster lvling=More Vamping...

Fixed