PDA

View Full Version : Upgrades. New Upgrade Slot & Upgrades themsleves...

xisavageix
01-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Before I start I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but I'm posting this anyways. I was looking around websites, talking to players, looking at weapons and upgrades. As most know the basic upgrades are HP, MP, Attack, magic attack, defense, Attack rate, Defense rate etc. Well that's all nice and swell; don't get me wrong I love them, but we could use 1 if not 2 more upgrade slots to well you know... To make them a bit more interesting I would suggest also adding new Upgrades like, sword amp, magic amp, crit. damage, and rate. Not all those have to be available of course. The Amp could give like somewhere from 4-7% Amp and it just being a one time upgrade, not where you have to buy the next level. Crit. damage could add like 10-20% and rate 5% rate. Of course EST soft will pick how they would like to do it. Yes I'm aware that there's things called "runes" where you can get all those and more, but seriously that's for people who have a lot of money and a lot of time. So what I'm trying to say is, 1 or 2 extra upgrade slots. With Amp and crit. upgrades, just as a help to some people.

More Detail:
-To explain myself more clearly. Add 1 or 2 new upgrade slots for reaching transcender, so a total of 3.
-New upgrades (S.Amp, M.Amp, CDI, CDR)
-Make upgrades avaliable only at transcender
-Doesn't have to be a lot of Amp or Crit increase.

XFearMyBladeX
01-11-2011, 08:45 PM
that would make game too easy....

xisavageix
01-11-2011, 09:13 PM
I dont see how it would make it easier... Its only a little boost. Its not like u can get 50% amp from one upgrade, just 5-7% that a seemingly small portion compared to how much people have in total.

SilverIceForum
01-12-2011, 01:22 AM
Adding 1 even 2 more upgrade slots, guess what scenarios I see them being filled with making the game to easy...

1) Guess what that 2nd Defense Rate slot gets filled in aka Reflex to compliment Sixth Sense, more Def Rate, less hit chances by mobs, not a game breaker but still...
2) Mana Mastery would go into the 2nd extra slot you are proposing...this is a problem because then the developers would have to increase the FB's mana freeze skill to 1600, 1700, even up towards 2200 maybe to balance this, seriously f-ing up a lot of players builds, or leave MF be and make the skill useless all together.

Other point to mention, developers gave us extra upgrade slots for being 120+, it's called the dang Rune and AP system which already has amp boost and such.

So in short, -1k to your idea, buy a set of salad tongs and pull your head out of your <not adding this> and think about how this would unbalance the game and seriously diminish or mess up what players have been playing with since this game started from Open Beta few years ago.

k, thx, bbia

xisavageix
01-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Where do you get mana mastery? the point is to get amp/crit in that slot. People already have mana mastery so yeah... I never said anything about another mana booster, simply those 4 things. Im aware they can fill those up with anything they have left over. But im pretty sure def rate and or attack rate will not mess up game play seeing as how theres a thing called COMBO where those dont matter anymore. Get your FACTS straight.

SilverIceForum
01-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Adding 1 even 2 more upgrade slots, guess what scenarios I see them being filled with making the game to easy...

1) Guess what that 2nd Defense Rate slot gets filled in aka Reflex to compliment Sixth Sense, more Def Rate, less hit chances by mobs, not a game breaker but still...
2) Mana Mastery would go into the 2nd extra slot you are proposing...this is a problem because then the developers would have to increase the FB's mana freeze skill to 1600, 1700, even up towards 2200 maybe to balance this, seriously f-ing up a lot of players builds, or leave MF be and make the skill useless all together.

Other point to mention, developers gave us extra upgrade slots for being 120+, it's called the dang Rune and AP system which already has amp boost and such.

So in short, -1k to your idea, buy a set of salad tongs and pull your head out of your <not adding this> and think about how this would unbalance the game and seriously diminish or mess up what players have been playing with since this game started from Open Beta few years ago.

k, thx, bbia

Fail English or Reading class much??? Stated right in point 1) I highlighted for your clarification, no Extra Defense Rate or Attack Rate is no game breaker in PvP/Pk/War. However Point 2 is definitely a game breaker making Mana Freeze a worthless skill if you add in not only Mana Mastery but also the Mana Rune puts any player over the 1400 MP that MF drops you way to early in the game, also ruins the need for an MP Will Suit etc to counter act MF when dueling/pvping with an FB. The system the Developers got in place quite a few of us older players have got to used to, adding 1 even 2 more upgrade skill spots completely messes up existing build strategies, ingame play strategies, crafting economy many many more issues. So again I say we already got an extra skills menu they added not to long ago called the Rune/Ability Point menu to compensate for stuff you couldn't get with only 6 upgrade skill slots, so this suggestion is a bad, bad, bad idea when you start dropping in more attack, m.attack, s.amp, m.amp as possibilities to the extra upgrade slot(s).

Still standing firm on the fact other than a WI, at 10x level even 12x level only a rare few of the other classes would become MF immune way to early because thinking about it myself with an extra Upgrade Skill slot, Mana Mastery would be my first choice to go there before the Other Defense Rate slot; this suggestion would seriously unbalance to much with little benefit other than making the game Way way way to easy for PvP alone.

iNercy
01-12-2011, 09:26 PM

ZeonH
01-20-2011, 11:16 PM
-1 too easy....
I agree with the idea of adding new upgrades and slots tho... maybe class upgrades unique to each class