PDA

View Full Version : Does amp increases critical damage hits? - let's discuss.....

Boomshine
01-14-2011, 09:51 AM
So I was reading topics, and found someone saying "so basically lapis deathblow is for crits while forcium amp is for non crits"

The way I see it is this : as long as the attack is bigger and bigger, the crit dmg hit will be high indeed. Also with the amp, as long as the amp is higher and higher, it will crit dmg hit high.

Why I think of it this way? Because everyone says amp relies on attack. So it boosts the amount of dmg dealt to a target. Now doing a crit hit on a target WITH a bit of low crit dmg (let's say 100-140%) BUT high amp (let's say around 30-50% amp) will still crit hard, no?

Or amp doesn't boost the dmg when the hit is critical? If it doesn't then this changes alot of things.

Example : let's say you use a completer skill on a mob, with 900 attack and with 120% crit dmg and like 10-15% amp, you do a 2000 critical dmg hit.
Now same thing but with more amp, with 35% amp, will it still do 2000 crit hit or more than 2000?

What do you think? True of false? Tell your opinions.....

ROFLwiz
01-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Well 30-50 amp is not really considered high amp. my wiz has 160 cd with 41 amp... And amp does raise your crit dmg but nothing as much as critical dmg would. So your goal is to find a good balance of amp/cd/atk.

krider
01-14-2011, 10:08 AM
Depends on how much cdi you are sacrificing to get that extra amp. you can have an extra 15% amp from your equips, but if youre sacrificing 100% cdi then your crits will definitely be weaker.

Spur
01-14-2011, 10:20 AM
yep the key word here is balance.
amp/atk/cr/cd needs a balance
def/hp needs a balance

having too high of any one stat isnt good

Boomshine
01-14-2011, 10:28 AM
7% amp in suit, gloves, boots and epaulet +6 and 2 bof+2 (non slot) all of that 32% amp
I have osm blade +10 with 27% cdi. My crystal is weak it's a 36% cdi bluestin +8.
What should I get for it? amp crystal or db crystal? Without a cdi crystal, my cdi will drop to 142%
So which one should I get? I'm SFS FULL PVE BUILT. Currently lv 77, going to level up really soon.

Nanjirou
01-14-2011, 11:48 AM
rofl why are the other classes giving advice on FS? Honestly FS dont need any more crit dmg. Just get as much amp as you can and CDI for your helm. At higher levels you are going to want to switch to forcium weapons only. If u cant afford amp forcium go for cdi forcium. Switch the bluestin crystal ASAP lol get db lapis or something for now.

Boomshine
01-14-2011, 12:12 PM
rofl why are the other classes giving advice on FS? Honestly FS dont need any more crit dmg. Just get as much amp as you can and CDI for your helm. At higher levels you are going to want to switch to forcium weapons only. If u cant afford amp forcium go for cdi forcium. Switch the bluestin crystal ASAP lol get db lapis or something for now.

Can't even afford anything you said above. I have stuffs to sell but no one buys. And they are not crap.

ZEPR0
01-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Well 30-50 amp is not really considered high amp. my wiz has 160 cd with 41 amp... And amp does raise your crit dmg but nothing as much as critical dmg would. So your goal is to find a good balance of amp/cd/atk.

+1
balance is the key

Mishon
01-15-2011, 06:21 PM
Don't bother going forcy amp unless its +11 or higher.

SilverIceForum
01-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Can't even afford anything you said above. I have stuffs to sell but no one buys. And they are not crap.

Um at least step up to a Pherystin DB Xtal with dmg in the craft, 7% or higher, doesn't matter the +. Phery xtals require ucms so you can plus it up to 9 or 11 at your leisure. Need more ucms there always LiD to run where they drop like regular ;)

darkrage
01-19-2011, 09:29 PM
i would go with forc blade/cry of db that way your att will still be high and crit dmg will be better then 1 slot forc and since its dropping char bind on equip you can get it for less then the none bind. if you have amp in ur suit gloves boots have eof+7 kred board and 2 bof+3 slotted you can get 46 samp that should be plenty of s amp. you could also get s amp rune that will give you an extra 4 amp for a total of 50 s amp

Rastan
01-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Amp does increase your overall dot for your combo,but you need CR and CDI for it to be really effective,our non-crits are a joke and amp doesn't affect how often FS crit,that will always be rate

btw...B>Forcy FS plate of will w/ 100+hp craft and max rate in slot

I3athtub
01-19-2011, 10:27 PM
This post should be researched and studied really good,
cuz the outcome of the info can be benefitial...

Keep it up guys, i am really intersted...

I noticed something abt dungs, the more attack, regardless of amp or crit dmg
it all depends on the attack...

SilverIceForum
01-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Well, for one, all these ppl telling a mid-game level character go Forci, forci, forci, try learning english much? Character is not even lvl 95 yet the OP post that at that time they were lvl 77. Dbl Slot Phery DB Xtal 7% Cdi or higher in craft and 20% in the slots, can plus it further as they go. Drop just a bit of cdi compared to that wRS wEoD bluestin xtal he's got, but overall base attack is higher with Pherystin atm for them like I said.

Amp from your gloves, boots, suit, and Eppy really about all the amp they are needing at this stage imo.

Boomshine
02-03-2011, 10:06 AM
This post should be researched and studied really good,
cuz the outcome of the info can be benefitial...

Keep it up guys, i am really intersted...

I noticed something abt dungs, the more attack, regardless of amp or crit dmg
it all depends on the attack...

I think you're right, the mobs needs a specific number to get what you're looking for.

Also, if only there's a way to boost up the defense. No matter what gear you have with low attack or crit dmg or amp it won't matter cause when your defense is way high up you won't be struggling to stay alive anywhere, spamming hp pots, looking each second at the hp gauge, you know kinda busy all the time or something. With some high defense we can be quite allright enjoying the gameplays. And when I'm saying high defense, I'm actually saying up to 1.5k defense or more, depending each places how much it requires.

Example mutant forest : I knew a fs getting hit 300-500 with like 940-1050 def, let's add some 300 def, the char might get hit in the 100's, how about that? Isn't it cool and fun? But I don't think it's possible to get so much high def. The defense number varies on each mob how much defense the char needs to be less hit by big numbers.

Attack might be part of it too, but surely any char can have average base attack which will help along.

Matiel
02-03-2011, 11:17 AM
thats why when u have amp weps,they have to be forcy. with FS's low base attack already.

ROFLwiz
02-03-2011, 11:30 AM

umm my first char was a fs and i played him for a year??? and for every class u still need to find a balance. And for higher lvl fs i would switch out forci amp orb/xtal and go with a 40dmg lapis/topaz xtal. Don't post on things u don't know and don't tell me i do not know nothing on this class even tho you know nothing about me or what classes i have played in the past.

Boomshine
02-03-2011, 12:43 PM
umm my first char was a fs and i played him for a year??? and for every class u still need to find a balance. And for higher lvl fs i would switch out forci amp orb/xtal and go with a 40dmg lapis/topaz xtal. Don't post on things u don't know and don't tell me i do not know nothing on this class even tho you know nothing about me or what classes i have played in the past.

I'm not rich to get a slot extender high and extend it to obtain 40% crit dmg. Do you know how it's rare for some people to get alz or good items? Maybe not for you cause you've played a long time like you said. But damn a seh for that 40% crit dmg lapis xtal, who wouldn't want that over amp? Or I should say 40% crit dmg FORCIUM xtal over the previous 2, who wouldn't want that either? Plus, then you need slot extender highest. I still prefer forcium orb amp +8 over lapis crystal deathblow cause it has more attack, fs needs to improve their attacks too not just amp and crit dmg. 140 attack on orb +8 forcium while 112 +9 lapis crystal. Some say it's good some don't, so I don't know, each person has opinions.

AyaMatsu
02-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Unless your crit weapons are decked, like 72 or something, you're never going to beat a FS using Forc blade/shield. We lack that base attack and no matter how high your crit is, sitting at 700-800 attack is going to leave you in the dust. IMO, 950+ atk with 40%+ s.amp is better than 700 atk w/ lots of CDI. Keep in mind the 200% CDI cap, and for FS we don't necessarily need any more than 100% CDI on gear. Your helm should be giving you 36%, at LEAST another 20% on rings, and your buff carries you most of the way with that extra 45%. with 2 rings on rate you've got 49% and 100+CDI easily.

From experience, get the most s.amp you can get and the best Forci weapons you can get. It makes your crits hit that much harder, while Osm/Lap proponents will disagree with me. While I was still around ROSM crafting wasn't around yet and it was pretty much accepted that Forci > Osm Crit but ROSM Crit > Forci, depends what the game is like now.

Leonhart
02-25-2011, 01:37 PM
Amp will increase your base damage... You crit is factored off your base damage. So yes.

forumpost
02-26-2011, 07:22 PM

here is the explaination - amp and cdi and attack help each other ... they are bascially multiplyied in some fashion here is the proof why general balance is the best
4 + 4 + 4 = 12 and 4 * 4 * 4 = 64 but...
2 + 2 + 8 = 12 and 2 * 2 * 8 = 32 ...

as you can see here when numbers are more balance (asming sum is around the same) ... the product is much greater

PSBeardy
02-26-2011, 10:06 PM
I think you're right, the mobs needs a specific number to get what you're looking for.

Also, if only there's a way to boost up the defense. No matter what gear you have with low attack or crit dmg or amp it won't matter cause when your defense is way high up you won't be struggling to stay alive anywhere, spamming hp pots, looking each second at the hp gauge, you know kinda busy all the time or something. With some high defense we can be quite allright enjoying the gameplays. And when I'm saying high defense, I'm actually saying up to 1.5k defense or more, depending each places how much it requires.

Example mutant forest : I knew a fs getting hit 300-500 with like 940-1050 def, let's add some 300 def, the char might get hit in the 100's, how about that? Isn't it cool and fun? But I don't think it's possible to get so much high def. The defense number varies on each mob how much defense the char needs to be less hit by big numbers.

Attack might be part of it too, but surely any char can have average base attack which will help along.

My pet skilling gear puts me over 1300 def and i can smack a Cornus for a week straight without using a single pot....

IGINahk
03-16-2011, 09:55 PM
yep the key word here is balance.
amp/atk/cr/cd needs a balance
def/hp needs a balance

having too high of any one stat isnt good STRONGLY AGREE !!!

-For my opinion, you could easily build your FS with 57% s.amp, 190% damg, Base could get around 980+ for 16x

cr+2 x3( if u rich, may go for rof10);forcium blade 20%(w/ +9 one, go for+11 if u rich); 1 Forcium Cry +11( never use amp wep if it's below +11, it just waste Alz and ain't inc damg) 7%s.amp in slot to backup the FS low base atk and also make a balance between Damg%, S.amp and base atk. When we say FS, we say Crit damg but they not always crit even u could build your perfect 55% rate. so like wat Spur said: the key is balance, don't ever pure on 1 way.

PSBeardy
03-17-2011, 08:07 AM
I was running 67% amp for awhile and it hit hard, not only crit but especially DPS. I did however switch out a wep for a 20% Forci DB Blade and managed to pick up a bit on my crits without losing much of my DPS since I run 52% rate.. I also tried out switching the other wep to 20% but it was a net loss with a max addition of a total 8pts of damage additional on crits....there is a point at which amp is greater then crit and I obviously had hit it.

Chaquan
05-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Amplifier just as much, you can steer your Curriculum Development. At a high level, you will want to switch to forcium to give up nuclear weapons. If you can not afford to ignition amplifier forcium....