PDA

View Full Version : blader vs wiz at end game 160+

HolySide
01-24-2011, 04:37 AM
i play blader for now

and i got good amount of money for items....

but i dont know if blader worth all the money cuz the lvls 170+ says me that blader hes just ok for end game and not more then that

and wiz are way better in end game... and with good gear

so what do u think

how is better in a end game?? (let say in lvl 180 with same set lvl)

DivineWrath
01-24-2011, 09:34 AM
WI is way better, but you have to be skilled with it

cadacus_ater
01-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Assuming each character had equal hp, att/m.att, def in gear and runes and were optimized for crit rate, crit damage, and amp...

The Blader should have a stat advantage simply because they have better buffs and base status as well as built in rate and dmg in some of their skills.
However, the Wizard may have a skill set and/or dps advantage over the Blader to combat this.
As far as comparing battle modes, I would think blader's bm1 has an advantage on wizard bm1 with the insane crit modifiers.
But for bm2....wizard probably has an advantage.
Then there are the defensive options of the two classes, for example Blink (WI) and Intuition (BL).
I'd say Blink would win out in versatility, but Intuition is useful for avoiding monsters and non-combo attacks (think intuition vs a bm2).

Edit: Um yeah, everything pretty much has been said below here. Though I would add that even boss hunting and dungeon runing with parties, Bladers are useful to have and can serve as a tanking class to an extent. And in contrast to an AoD FS, they can move with Intuition on.

Still, WI is probably a bit better overall, for party activity especially.

Soryuha
01-24-2011, 10:37 AM
Surprised Matrimoney hasn't responded here. But as far as I can remember he said he liked his WI way better and I think a WI would have some advantages over a BL.
I'd go with an end game WI over an end game BL.

Light
01-24-2011, 11:17 AM
PVP ( BL > WI )
PK ( BL > WI )
TG ( BL < WI )
Solo dungeons ( BL >= WI )
Party dungeons ( BL < WI )
Solo play ( BL > WI )
Party play ( BL < WI )
Solo buffs ( BL > WI )
Party 'support' buffs ( BL < WI )
Support ( BL < WI )

Note : In endgame level you'll depend on TG and PARTY dungeons for honour, alz and good equipment, so I'd say WI is the way to go. You can also try to lurk in WEOD to get perfect craft Pherystine orbs which are quite good on WI for a high level of the game.

HolySide
01-24-2011, 01:22 PM
+1 to all
the answrs are greats and objective
the info that u all gived me now will halp me alot
to choose

play with frainds is fun and partys are 100% for me....
wiz need to get skill to be good... and thats good 2

so after playing wow for 3 years and mutch pve with partys
i think that wiz is the perfect class for me...

tnx u all guys!
[=

Tom Pham
01-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Can Wiz do this? :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJK1MFn2-c0

chainlock
01-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Can Wiz do this? :))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJK1MFn2-c0

Wiz can do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0EJKbmtcjM

Tom Pham
01-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Wiz can do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0EJKbmtcjM

Lmao, look at that wiz's gear =))
See the BL's damage u can see, his item is not EPIC =))
these 2 Vids are like: Skill vs Gear =))

chainlock
01-28-2011, 12:44 PM
Lmao, look at that wiz's gear =))
See the BL's damage u can see, his item is not EPIC =))
these 2 Vids are like: Skill vs Gear =))

Soloing a boss takes no skill, even if the blader had the most insane gear you've ever imagined it couldn't do what the wiz just did.

ZeonH
01-29-2011, 12:45 AM
In the end, it all comes down to what u like.... ofc, if u're the kind of person that chooses his char based on what u like. I simply like bladers, and that's it, don't need more than that

cadacus_ater
02-21-2011, 12:11 AM
@ chainlock: Please define '...couldn't do what the wiz just did.'

According to damage calculators, a blader CAN do what a wizard does as far as dps is concerned, assuming equal gear in terms of attack, amp, crit rate, and cdi, with the equivalent upgrade skills and levels. I did a dps comparison with damage calculators for bl and wi in bm2+aura with shorts against a assumed value for Quadra's Defense of 1687 (I assumed the higher of two values given and applied it to both cases). I assumed as 'equal gear': 2 x 40/7 SIG Weapons +15, 40/7 helm, EoF/S +7, 2 x BoF/S +7, K-red Board, no amy of pain, 7 amp hands, boots and suit, 3 cr+2 and merg ring, with both players at max level. I have links to pics showing the results and the assumed stats (and skill levels for the wizard).

Note the attack stat includes the bonuses of both bm2 and aura. I accounted for the difference in aura attack boosts for melee and magic characters in my assumptions. Also note I did not include ANY debuffs, not even field of fear.

WI average dps:
6451 dmg/sec
(If you can come up with a combo of skills in bm2 that can do 7k dmg/sec on average with this stat, let me know. I did find a slightly higher value with another combination, but it wasn't anywhere near 7k dmg/sec, at least 300 dmg/sec away from it.)
http://i54.tinypic.com/14ae9gl.jpg

BL average dps (with retarget after first attack):
6911 dmg/sec
(if retarget after second attack, dps drops to around 5.6-5.7k dmg/sec)
http://i53.tinypic.com/2zf4yvs.jpg

chainlock
02-21-2011, 12:56 AM
Just watch the full video and you'll see. You can skip to about 1 minute in if you don't want to wait.

cadacus_ater
02-21-2011, 05:29 AM
Ooohh now I see what you mean. Yup that would be very hard for a blader, if it were even possible for them (and they are the only class that targets a single enemy in bm2).

Method 1
It might be possible to kill Quadra with shorts + debuff and buff pots within a certain time period and finish the other with the remaining bm2+aura but it's impossible to say for sure without actually testing it. Assuming the same stats (maybe add in an aop+6), and that the blader ran out of shorts some time before quad was dead, he could get a dps of 9-10k on penna with single retargeting, but the question would be whether or not he had enough left to kill it in 2 sp bars.

Method 2
Or the opposite order could be attempted, by using bm1 and buff pots on penna with between 6.8-7.3k average dps, upon killing it extend + shorts and debuff on quad for over 8.2-8.8k average dps on quad. But again, good luck actually confirming if this could even work...and i'm a bit fuzzy on buff pots (can't remember how much attack lvl 3 sharpness pot gives and how many buff pots you can use at once, i.e. could you use crit buff pot with sharpness and sword master pots? I'm thinking it's only two though.)

And of course this all assumes you CAN single retarget in the first place X_X
Wizards have it easy when they got the gear to solo like that

EDIT: In theory, with 6.8k dps average, you should be able to kill penna in under 50 sec of bm2, maybe even 40 sec or less. So you probably could do it with method 2 as a BL, but the WI would be able to do it all faster with equal gears and buff pots. I'm basing this assumption on the fact that I have done a 2 bar of penna with bm2, extend and short+debuff, in around 100 seconds with 2nd attack retarget and my calculated average dps values were 2.2k for around 40 sec, 4.8k for about 30 seconds, and 3.1k for the remaining time

Tom Pham
02-21-2011, 08:46 AM
BL retarget 1st hit ftw, as i told that guy-the 1 who posted Wi vid- that the BL on my vid doesn't have that EPIC gear like the wizzy =))
just to show ppl who compare BL to Wi that BL retarget 1st hit Beats all in killing boss =))
about war, if u know what to do with a BL, u can easily make top 5 =P
with Epic gear......idk if gear like 14 amp forcy full set....can be the 1st BL bringer =P but still a dream Q.Q

p/s: sr about nub English :(

YoungSuper
02-21-2011, 03:50 PM
the wiz is really impressing me, didnt know they were so strong. guess they really most be the rulers of force, the ultimate destroyers.