PDA

View Full Version : Defence Questions

red123
01-26-2011, 12:49 PM
What exactly does defence do?

does each little defence help you reduce damage from another player/monster?

is there a certain number of total defence you need to have to reduce the damage you take?

Would there be any point in me buying the best def gears or is it just useless after you get to a certain point?

Ravenscroft
01-27-2011, 03:16 AM
In my opinion, 850 Defence is plenty to tank whatever needs to be tanked. I'm a 160 WA with 890 defence, and still solo PI/up to Quadra in PF just fine. Granted 4 bars for an FCH is a horrid investment, but still. If you feel more is needed don't switch out ALL of your gear for forcium/ect. Try Ring of Fighter +9's to start yourself off, and if you need more, Forcium Availability has simply doubled/tripled/quadrupled/lolwtf since IC2's duoable. Defence essentially just takes away damage intake. IMO defence rate runes are a better investment but eh, thats just me.

red123
01-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the reply! I'll keep that in mind when buying my gears. Although I still would like to know how the defence system really works...

Drew
01-27-2011, 04:26 PM
just keep plusing ur osm (+9 set will still hold well until PF, with vamp 95% hp absorb, 5%s steal).

PI, u might need forciset. Look for 900-1000 def by then, and also in higher dungeons.