PDA

View Full Version : BSOD issue

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 02:34 PM
I know there is already a thread about this in the Q & A but there's nobody going there... My computer has been BSODing ever since cabal updated to GG last night (not only when running cabal, but whenever I ran anything demanding). I uninstalled Cabal fully about 2-3 hours ago and haven't had any problems still. This is rather annoying because I want to play, but if it means BSODing, it's not worth it.

Core i7 860
Radeon HD5870
Corsair 1600 ram 4 gigs

Temperatures on the CPU/Mobo never go over 35C, 45 for the GPU. Windows updates up to date, so are drivers. Thought it was AVG causing this, but people tried uninstalling AVG without results.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 02:46 PM
Programs like GameGuard are notorious for causing issues because of programs it think aren't legit. You have probably already tried this so I'm sorry if I sound condescending but someone has to ask: have you tried shutting down more than AVG? Plenty of things can interfere with GameGuard, so shutdown all processes except those that are required. If the game works, you know it's a suspect program and not a hardware/OS issue.

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 02:51 PM
get new AntiVirus. AVG is kinda outdated from what i hear.... like Spybot

what does your BSOD said?

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 02:51 PM
All the programs that I have running are what I use at all times (im software, steam, firefox). These are the things that ever gamer can be expected to run, and shouldn't interfere with GG. And there is no way I'm going to go through the taskmanager shutting down each process that I don't know about. Thanks for the suggestion, but there are way too many people affected by this right now.

BSOD = blue screen of death. If you don't know what that is, just google it, easier than explaining it.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 02:53 PM
All the programs that I have running are what I use at all times (im software, steam, firefox). These are the things that ever gamer can be expected to run, and shouldn't interfere with GG. And there is no way I'm going to go through the taskmanager shutting down each process that I don't know about. Thanks for the suggestion, but there are way too many people affected by this right now.

BSOD = blue screen of death. If you don't know what that is, just google it, easier than explaining it.

In that case, what's your operating system? Stuff like that will help me narrow down searches.

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 02:54 PM
I didnt ask for the meaning of BSOD... but the error you got

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 03:16 PM
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

0x0000001E
0xFFFFFFFFC0000047
0xFFFFF80002AF47F8
0x0000000000000000
0x00000000000000FF

Alfancore
04-02-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64, and apparently from what I've read about GG so far, many other games that used GameGuard including Maplestory and AION were getting BSODs as well.

Right now I have no idea what to do anymore; I uninstalled AVG -> still has BSOD. Turned off Punkbuster, Hamachi, iPod services... still BSOD. Luckily it doesn't seem to have spilled over into other programs for me, but this is getting ridiculous. It's bad enough that I agreed to install what basically is a rootkit onto my PC, but at least I would have liked for it to function properly, instead of Blue screening everytime I run Cabal.

auctionmule
04-02-2010, 04:07 PM
I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64, and apparently from what I've read about GG so far, many other games that used GameGuard including Maplestory and AION were getting BSODs as well.

Right now I have no idea what to do anymore; I uninstalled AVG -> still has BSOD. Turned off Punkbuster, Hamachi, iPod services... still BSOD. Luckily it doesn't seem to have spilled over into other programs for me, but this is getting ridiculous. It's bad enough that I agreed to install what basically is a rootkit onto my PC, but at least I would have liked for it to function properly, instead of Blue screening everytime I run Cabal.

Yeah, I just got done reinstalling, then it seemed to be working fine until I went on cash shop and bought a BB+ and then I got the BSOD again. It'd be helpful if EST would even reply to my help desk about this.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 04:21 PM
Alfan, I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 as well and haven't had any issues. Did Cabal work at some point after you did your account transfer or has it been BSOD'ing since the moment you installed GG? (that's also directed at Berserk)

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 04:26 PM
Yup I tried re-downloading the whole client. Closed every program that I was running and still BSODed.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 04:29 PM
You try running it in administrator and different compatibility modes? (That's more than likely not the problem but it doesn't hurt to check.)

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Running cabal itself as an admin won't make it do that for GG, and I don't know of a way to run GG as admin.

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 04:43 PM
I just realized that it can't be the OS causing this either. I have win 7 ultimate 64 bit on my laptop as well and I can run the game just fine on there. Now I'm completely clueless what could be causing this.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Check your pm's (in case you don't get a popup notification when you refresh the page) Berserk.

Alfancore
04-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Alfan, I'm running Windows 7 Professional x64 as well and haven't had any issues. Did Cabal work at some point after you did your account transfer or has it been BSOD'ing since the moment you installed GG? (that's also directed at Berserk)

Yeah it worked fine for me when the game was still using Xtrap, but after I installed GameGuard it just started BSODing every single time. I then deleted Cabal, downloaded the client again from this website and installed it, same thing as well, BSODs. =(

I can't run GG as an administrator because it's not a .exe, it's technically a rootkit that embeds itself into the system files and simply connects to the game.

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 05:03 PM
Didn't work.

I compared my taskmanager with a friend that is having the same problem. The only non-OS processes we shared were for ATI GPU drivers.

Alfancore
04-02-2010, 05:32 PM
I've been reading that it might be an issue with the version of GameGuard, I dunno if the ESTsoft guys have the latest version or not but this is definitely one heck of a headache.

What I also found interesting that Cabal doesn't have to be on the entire time for the BSOD to appear. All I have to do is run Cabal, log on, then immediately close it. Then after a few minutes of doing things it automatically goes BSOD. My PC will not BSOD if Cabal has not run, but it will after it has been loaded at least once.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 06:02 PM
I've been reading that it might be an issue with the version of GameGuard, I dunno if the ESTsoft guys have the latest version or not but this is definitely one heck of a headache.

What I also found interesting that Cabal doesn't have to be on the entire time for the BSOD to appear. All I have to do is run Cabal, log on, then immediately close it. Then after a few minutes of doing things it automatically goes BSOD. My PC will not BSOD if Cabal has not run, but it will after it has been loaded at least once.

This kinda sounds like a memory problem. Wonder if specific ram types don't play nice with GG o_O?

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 06:04 PM
I use corsair 1600 ram (4 gigs)

ForumStarla
04-02-2010, 06:08 PM
I didn't read the whole thread (sorry lol) but I think someone mentioned to me earlier they have to run in the other res they were trying (full screen vs. window) or they bsod.

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 06:12 PM
I've tried full screen and windowed.

auctionmule
04-02-2010, 06:13 PM
yeah, i have too

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 06:14 PM
I had it the day i updated my driver... i rolled back and no more bsod

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 06:17 PM
I tried updating and downgrading my drivers with no results.

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 06:18 PM
try remember the day you suddenly get the bsod

auctionmule
04-02-2010, 06:26 PM
try remember the day you suddenly get the bsod

the day estsoft launched the servers and we started it?

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 06:28 PM
the day estsoft launched the servers and we started it?

More like right after I updated cabal to GG.

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 06:29 PM
so GG might be the cause :S

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 06:31 PM
so GG might be the cause :S

That was pretty obvious.

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 06:34 PM
still have the Xtrap? lol

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 06:36 PM
still have the Xtrap? lol

Wouldn't matter. EST Soft uses GG for the game.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 06:39 PM
Alright, for those suffering from the BSOD issue, have you tried a different operating system on the same computer? It's a random thought. Don't know many people that would have an xp/7 or vista/7/xp etc etc partition instead of a windows/*nix-based one. If you do however, it would be worth trying to load the game up on one of those alternatives using the same system.

I know, I'm grasping at straws at this point.... ><

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 06:40 PM
well try replace GG for Xtrap :/ and see if the BSOd still occur

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 06:40 PM
It's kinda funny when I saw that cabal is using GG, I commented to my friend saying that I have a bad feeling about it. When Aion used GG it constantly caused people to crash, and sometimes gave a message "GameGuard will now close" and kick you out.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 06:42 PM

That probably wouldn't work... I think these servers only work with GG. Could be wrong, but I doubt it. and getting rid of GG isn't so simple. It embeds itself in the OS (or so I've heard) so disabling it entirely would be the only alternative to that.

Of course, if you were caught doing that you would be banned. so... =\

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 06:42 PM
oh my gee, GG can kick you out O_O?

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 06:43 PM
Alright, for those suffering from the BSOD issue, have you tried a different operating system on the same computer? It's a random thought. Don't know many people that would have an xp/7 or vista/7/xp etc etc partition instead of a windows/*nix-based one. If you do however, it would be worth trying to load the game up on one of those alternatives using the same system.

I know, I'm grasping at straws at this point.... ><

It's not the OS. I am running the same exactly OS (win 7 ultimate 64 bit) on my laptop without any problems.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 06:43 PM
It's kinda funny when I saw that cabal is using GG, I commented to my friend saying that I have a bad feeling about it. When Aion used GG it constantly caused people to crash, and sometimes gave a message "GameGuard will now close" and kick you out.

I've had many problems with it in the past on different mmo's myself, although in those cases simply updating my drivers or something similarly simple was enough to fix the problem. You seem to be really unfortunate :(. Will keep trying different possible solutions though, this is bugging me lol

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 06:46 PM
I've had many problems with it in the past on different mmo's myself, although in those cases simply updating my drivers or something similarly simple was enough to fix the problem. You seem to be really unfortunate :(. Will keep trying different possible solutions though, this is bugging me lol

If it was just me, then it could've just been an isolated case with something I have being incompatible. Thing is there are other people with the same problem. One of my friends has a laptop almost identical to my laptop and he is having the BSOD issue as well. Yet my laptop is running the game just fine, yet my desktop BSODs.

Alfancore
04-02-2010, 06:47 PM
This kinda sounds like a memory problem. Wonder if specific ram types don't play nice with GG o_O?

It's not the memory, I ran Memtest and Prime95 Blend test for 10 hours straight last night without a hitch. XD

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 06:48 PM
If it was just me, then it could've just been an isolated case with something I have being incompatible. Thing is there are other people with the same problem. One of my friends has a laptop almost identical to my laptop and he is having the BSOD issue as well. Yet my laptop is running the game just fine, yet my desktop BSODs.

Ah see that's interesting. If your friend has a laptop that is so similar, find the small hardware differences; that/those may be the cause of this .

Alfancore
04-02-2010, 06:49 PM

Can't do it, Cabal reinstalls GG if it isn't detected when launched. XD

Ah see that's interesting. If your friend has a laptop that is so similar, find the small hardware differences; that/those may be the cause of this .

Yeah, a friend of mine is able to run it on his laptop too (Win 7 Ultimate x64) without BSOD. Sadly, not the same story for my desktop. =(

Berserk_Fury

Only difference is he has a slightly faster CPU. My desktop is completely different from both our laptops though.

Bowkill
Only difference is he has a slightly faster CPU. My desktop is completely different from both our laptops though.

Chipsets are the same?

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Chipsets are the same?

yes, I believe there is like a 0.2 ghz difference and that's it.

SkyAlpha
04-02-2010, 08:09 PM
U experience BSOD because the system could not read ur hard drive or ur ram due to some internal problems. In dat case u need to either clean up ur hard drive completely, or replace the ram

BackUpMENG
04-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Lewl look ima nerd

SkyAlpha
04-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Lewl look ima nerd

its not nerd, its geek

BackUpMENG
04-02-2010, 08:20 PM
its not nerd, its geek

shut the f up son

WIpwns
04-02-2010, 08:21 PM
shut the f up son
shut the f up son

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 08:26 PM
U experience BSOD because the system could not read ur hard drive or ur ram due to some internal problems. In dat case u need to either clean up ur hard drive completely, or replace the ram

Please keep the clueless responses out of here. This is caused by game guard, not our systems.

Also I know it is a lot to ask, but could we please keep the trolls off this thread? I mean just this once, I would appreciate if we could keep this reasonable.

BackUpMENG
04-02-2010, 08:27 PM
Please keep the clueless responses out of here. This is caused by game guard, not our systems.

Also I know it is a lot to ask, but could we please keep the trolls off this thread? I mean just this once, I would appreciate if we could keep this reasonable.

alright mah badz broserk. u mah home dawg id never eat u

SkyAlpha
04-02-2010, 08:31 PM

dude, ur system is operated by registries, which when u run cabal, it affects the system as a whole =.=

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 08:44 PM
dude, ur system is operated by registries, which when u run cabal, it affects the system as a whole =.=

So I should pay $150 for new ram over faulty software. Yes, that is brilliant.

Alfancore
04-02-2010, 09:23 PM

ALL Windows systems have a registry, furthermore if it is, that's a SOFTWARE PROBLEM.

We've already run diagnostics and torture tests on our systems, there is nothing wrong with our RAM sticks or our harddrives. Our BSOD issue occurs ONLY when we boot up Cabal and we highly suspect it has to do with GameGuard as it only started happening after the switch. It doesn't occur when we run Battlefield, MW2, Crysis, and other games that are far more taxing than Cabal.

Bowkill
04-02-2010, 09:44 PM
ITT: some of the people haunting the forums to boost their post count.

On topic, maybe you should just play on your laptop for now. Can't for the life of me think of a reason that two nearly identical machines have very different results when loading the game. bleh

Alfancore
04-02-2010, 10:07 PM
ITT: some of the people haunting the forums to boost their post count.

On topic, maybe you should just play on your laptop for now. Can't for the life of me think of a reason that two nearly identical machines have very different results when loading the game. bleh

It might be because of other installed games, I've read up that Gameguard also blocks certain functions from DirectX and Windows APIs from working; in our case, we have high-end resource intensive games installed that utilize DirectX 9, 10 or even 11. It's just a hunch though, but if it turns out to be true, it's gonna be one heck of headache unless INCA decides to patch up the mess, which they should have months ago.

Berserk_Fury
04-02-2010, 10:10 PM
I wonder if there is anyone with a high end computer like mine, win 7 ultimate 64 bit, and is able to play the game properly. If that was the case that I would probably reformat my system. I would really prefer to leave that for the last resort, it's always a pain to reinstall everything.

GuardianPat
04-02-2010, 10:10 PM
i start notice my fan is getting more noisy since i got gameguard

Alfancore
04-02-2010, 10:17 PM
I wonder if there is anyone with a high end computer like mine, win 7 ultimate 64 bit, and is able to play the game properly. If that was the case that I would probably reformat my system. I would really prefer to leave that for the last resort, it's always a pain to reinstall everything.

Same here mate. XD

Though I find it frustrating that we'd have to reformat our systems just because INCA (some Korean company that made GG) can't properly update their software to work with our systems. It's not just us having BSOD problems though; Aion decided to drop GG because of the huge hassles they had during their beta test (not to mention hackers figured out how to bypass it anyway) and other games like Lineage 2, Maplestory, FlyFF, Luna, Gunbound, and even our counterparts at Cabal EU all have reports of BSOD issues with Windows 7 systems.

start notice my fan is getting more noisy since i got gameguard

It could the heightened CPU usage; I've read on other boards that GG occasionally starts hogging CPU power even when it doesn't need it.

auctionmule
04-02-2010, 10:55 PM
okay, so another friend of mine is having the same problem and uses windows vista 32 bit, so i don't think it's because of windows 7 anymore =/

auctionmule
04-03-2010, 12:31 AM
I was just looking through the EU CABAL forums and it seems they only fixed the BSOD error through an update by GG. In other words, I think we're ****ed until they update it.

YumCookies
04-03-2010, 12:34 AM
I was just looking through the EU CABAL forums and it seems they only fixed the BSOD error through an update by GG. In other words, I think we're ****ed until they update it.
D: Nooooooo that means I can't jack your epic GS :(

Back on topic:
You should quote that thread on EU with that update and send it through HD >.<

auctionmule
04-03-2010, 12:36 AM
D: Nooooooo that means I can't jack your epic GS :(

Back on topic:
You should quote that thread on EU with that update and send it through HD >.<

i have an epic gs?

they haven't replied to my 2 HDs already sent so i really doubt they even care to look at them

YumCookies
04-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Yeah your epic stit :(

auctionmule
04-03-2010, 12:40 AM
i think you have the wrong person o.o

YumCookies
04-03-2010, 12:42 AM
i think you have the wrong person o.o

Aren't you krath?

auctionmule
04-03-2010, 12:43 AM
just noticed what GS you meant, the 72% dmg shadowsteel one lol
it's temp and char bound sadly T_T

YumCookies
04-03-2010, 12:44 AM
yeah but i dont have an ST GS o_O

That epic char bound one that was 32 craft 2 slot that was 10 days lmao!

auctionmule
04-03-2010, 12:45 AM
if i could play i'd be owning noobs in 52-60 war with it :(

Forgotten
04-03-2010, 02:56 AM
Well I have had reports of window 7 (mainly 64bit not working with gameguard itself) also my 32 bit had a few issues which i resolved by reinstalling cabal, as for my 64 bit issues it seems you'd be stuck with waiting for the long process of the "upcomming update" which might never occur or take some time... no exact resolvement for the 64 bit beside try as you said formatting, which is a pain and if you choose to take the route back up some system for testing such as format then install cabal and try to run, if it works put the rest of your stuff back on and test it again, if it doesn't work after that, then you know its something in your files causing the issue.. sorry thats all the help i can be towards the matter.

Berserk_Fury
04-03-2010, 07:05 AM
Well I have had reports of window 7 (mainly 64bit not working with gameguard itself) also my 32 bit had a few issues which i resolved by reinstalling cabal, as for my 64 bit issues it seems you'd be stuck with waiting for the long process of the "upcomming update" which might never occur or take some time... no exact resolvement for the 64 bit beside try as you said formatting, which is a pain and if you choose to take the route back up some system for testing such as format then install cabal and try to run, if it works put the rest of your stuff back on and test it again, if it doesn't work after that, then you know its something in your files causing the issue.. sorry thats all the help i can be towards the matter.

I've said this before, it is not windows 7 64 bit causing this. I have that installed on my laptop and it works fine.

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 07:11 AM
Since u sed u get BSOD cuz of software-wise, then ofc dont get new hardware.....i didnt no lol, i jus saw u hav BSOD issue and tried to help O.o

Berserk_Fury
04-03-2010, 07:13 AM
Since u sed u get BSOD cuz of software-wise, then ofc dont get new hardware.....i didnt no lol, i jus saw u hav BSOD issue and tried to help O.o

There are way too many things that can cause a BSOD to go recommending a hardware replacement over it right away.

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 07:25 AM
There are way too many things that can cause a BSOD to go recommending a hardware replacement over it right away.

ok, all i no is dat, BSOD is caused by the "system" not able to read the information on HDD or RAM properly, therefore it will present a screen displaying errors

Berserk_Fury
04-03-2010, 07:28 AM
ok, all i no is dat, BSOD is caused by the "system" not able to read the information on HDD or RAM properly, therefore it will present a screen displaying errors

That is nowhere near the consistent cause of a BSOD. A lot of the time your system would BSOD in order to protect it from damaging itself.

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 07:32 AM
That is nowhere near the consistent cause of a BSOD. A lot of the time your system would BSOD in order to protect it from damaging itself.

lol learned something today, but i got my info from an expert, there are countless causes which leads to BSOD, but it all comes down to the unreadable data on the 2 hardware

Berserk_Fury
04-03-2010, 09:07 AM
Hey Alfancore, what mouse do you use?

I uninstalled the driver for my razer deathadder mouse, and so far I've been running fine. I'll post again if I still BSOD.

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 10:48 AM
so ur saying ur mouse is causing dat prob =.=

Berserk_Fury
04-03-2010, 10:57 AM
so ur saying ur mouse is causing dat prob =.=

No I'm saying that gameguard is garbage and was causing BSOD because it doesn't like that my mouse's driver had macro capabilities (which were blocked in xtrap btw).

GuardianPat
04-03-2010, 10:58 AM
disable the macro capabilities? :P

Berserk_Fury
04-03-2010, 11:00 AM
I never had them enabled. I just said that it has macro capabilities.

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 11:17 AM
I never had them enabled. I just said that it has macro capabilities.

my mouse has macro capabilities and its working fine

Raven
04-03-2010, 11:22 AM
BSOD's are caused by far more than just hardware read failures. They are also caused by software conflicts, including interaction with the OS, and that includes the drivers and processes that are hardware specific, and spontaneous glitches. The two laptops that are supposedly identical aren't necessarily so just because they are the same make and model but only 0.2GHz different in speed. But, even if they are identical, differences in loaded software, BIOS version, drivers, etc... can affect what exactly is running in the system. Since it seems to be mostly related to those running Win7, and to a lesser extent Vista, it must be something to do with the way GG is interacting with those systems (to state the obvious). The two with similar laptops (or anyone with a similar situation) should compare their systems and see what differences allow one to run Cabal and the other not.

Now, above all that, since people are saying GG was fixed for the EU,... then why the heck wouldn't they use that version for the NA Cabal?! Isn't that a no brainer?

Luckily, I have had no ongoing issues, but I'm running XP Pro 32 bit and use firefox for webbing on both desktops, soc. 423 Pentium 4 2.0GHz 768MB RRDRAM and soc. 754 AMD Sempron 2600+ (1.8GHz) 1GB DDR2, and my ASUS Netbook with Atom 1.6GHz 1GB DDR2. My account setup, verification, and transfer with everything intact went reasonably well, with a couple minor hiccups along the way. I think we all need to be a little patient as this sort of undertaking is a lot more complex than many realize. I know we all want to get back to playing Cabal asap but negotiations with OGP broke down only a few weeks ago and EST had to ramp up rather quickly. Lets give them a chance to flush out all the bugs and get up to speed... and for heavens sake, get that working EU version of GG ported in NA! Sorry if that's already the case and some other issue, like differences in the basic OS structure for NA is the problem. Leave it to MS to give us more issues to deal with.

Berserk_Fury
04-03-2010, 11:32 AM
my mouse has macro capabilities and its working fine

Cabal has always been picky against razer mice. I remember about a year or so ago xtrap used to get in the way so much, if I had cabal running I couldn't use the back and forward buttons on my mouse to go back and forward in firefox. I guess GG took it one step higher completely crashing your computer with the drivers.

Also the friend of mine that has almost identical laptop to mine also uses a deathadder mouse. So when he gets on later if deleting the drivers works for him as well, we'll know for sure.

Midgetchas14
04-03-2010, 11:34 AM
i was lost at the first page on this thread T.T

Alfancore
04-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey Alfancore, what mouse do you use?

I uninstalled the driver for my razer deathadder mouse, and so far I've been running fine. I'll post again if I still BSOD.

OMG.....

I have the same mouse. I just uninstalled the drivers and... no more BSOD.

This is ridiculous.

Bowkill
04-03-2010, 05:28 PM
OMG.....

I have the same mouse. I just uninstalled the drivers and... no more BSOD.

This is ridiculous.

Wow lmao who would have thought it was your mouse...... I was way off xD but I'm glad you guys figured out the issue. (and what are the odds you would be using the same mouse..........)

Slickv3
04-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I know right now soon as i state this people are going to be like "$#@#$@#%".

But let me put it simple. I'm using Norton Anti-Virus 2008. It's updated, and i have never once had a problem out of it. Never gotten a virus, or suffered problems with games. So whoever wants to bash norton go ahead lol. But I've never had a single problem with it. Plus i can get 3 Yrs free without spending $300 freaking dollars on it. :P

Berserk_Fury
04-03-2010, 07:27 PM
I know right now soon as i state this people are going to be like "$#@#$@#%".

But let me put it simple. I'm using Norton Anti-Virus 2008. It's updated, and i have never once had a problem out of it. Never gotten a virus, or suffered problems with games. So whoever wants to bash norton go ahead lol. But I've never had a single problem with it. Plus i can get 3 Yrs free without spending $300 freaking dollars on it. :P

What does this have absolutely anything to do with this thread?

SkyAlpha
04-03-2010, 07:30 PM
What does this have absolutely anything to do with this thread?

he was jus high

BleedingSoul
04-03-2010, 07:36 PM
People that say they're high online are so annoying.... what's the point of getting ripped when you're alone?

Berserk_Fury
04-03-2010, 08:12 PM
Wow lmao who would have thought it was your mouse...... I was way off xD but I'm glad you guys figured out the issue. (and what are the odds you would be using the same mouse..........)

Even though you were off, I still wanted to thank you for helping. It was nice to have someone give extra ideas.

Bowkill
04-04-2010, 03:49 AM
anytime man :)

nunja
04-04-2010, 04:38 AM
BSOD's are caused by far more than just hardware read failures. They are also caused by software conflicts, including interaction with the OS, and that includes the drivers and processes that are hardware specific, and spontaneous glitches. The two laptops that are supposedly identical aren't necessarily so just because they are the same make and model but only 0.2GHz different in speed. But, even if they are identical, differences in loaded software, BIOS version, drivers, etc... can affect what exactly is running in the system. Since it seems to be mostly related to those running Win7, and to a lesser extent Vista, it must be something to do with the way GG is interacting with those systems (to state the obvious). The two with similar laptops (or anyone with a similar situation) should compare their systems and see what differences allow one to run Cabal and the other not.

Now, above all that, since people are saying GG was fixed for the EU,... then why the heck wouldn't they use that version for the NA Cabal?! Isn't that a no brainer?

Luckily, I have had no ongoing issues, but I'm running XP Pro 32 bit and use firefox for webbing on both desktops, soc. 423 Pentium 4 2.0GHz 768MB RRDRAM and soc. 754 AMD Sempron 2600+ (1.8GHz) 1GB DDR2, and my ASUS Netbook with Atom 1.6GHz 1GB DDR2. My account setup, verification, and transfer with everything intact went reasonably well, with a couple minor hiccups along the way. I think we all need to be a little patient as this sort of undertaking is a lot more complex than many realize. I know we all want to get back to playing Cabal asap but negotiations with OGP broke down only a few weeks ago and EST had to ramp up rather quickly. Lets give them a chance to flush out all the bugs and get up to speed... and for heavens sake, get that working EU version of GG ported in NA! Sorry if that's already the case and some other issue, like differences in the basic OS structure for NA is the problem. Leave it to MS to give us more issues to deal with.

Glad to see someone else has half a clue about how computers actually work. You must work in the industry like me. :) I was all set to jump in and correct the ignorance-based suggestions about memory and hard disk and saw that you answered it quite nicely.
Also nice that someone besides me can write a clear and grammatical sentence.

The fact is, GG is screwed up because that is the single thing that has changed on my machine since I started locking up. I don't blue-screen, but it acts like it is suspending/hibernating and sometimes requires hard reset to get back.:mad:

Berserk_Fury
04-04-2010, 07:14 AM
Glad to see someone else has half a clue about how computers actually work. You must work in the industry like me. :) I was all set to jump in and correct the ignorance-based suggestions about memory and hard disk and saw that you answered it quite nicely.
Also nice that someone besides me can write a clear and grammatical sentence.

The fact is, GG is screwed up because that is the single thing that has changed on my machine since I started locking up. I don't blue-screen, but it acts like it is suspending/hibernating and sometimes requires hard reset to get back.:mad:

If you screen just goes plain black, that happened to me the first night after installing GG. I don't know why it was just going black, but after I replaced my GPU drivers in the morning it changed from going black to BSOD. I don't know if you noticed or if you are using a razer mouse, but if you do, try uninstalling the drivers for it and use the default windows drivers. If that doesn't help I am afraid your problem is different from the people in this thread.

Valdoroth
05-17-2010, 04:12 PM
Gamegaurd worked perfectly fine for me until its last update, which now causes my computer to crash for several different reasons (it seems to randomly change which one it is). I've looked up the error codes and have tried to fix it, but to no avail. I even manually updated every driver on my computer to see if that would help, but sadly it did not.

From what I've read and researched it actually seems to be a kernal conflict somewhere in my system.

I have a Toshiba Tablet XP system and it has worked for this game until recently. I have looked at all the processes that run and nothing has changed since before it started messing it up.

I did try to look up in microsoft's support section about debugging and I need Windows Drive Kit to open the minidump files, but the problem is that my computer is saying that it can't verify that the download was from microsoft so i can't install it to look at the specific causes of the crash, which in turn would lead me one step closer to fixing it hopefully.

Berserk_Fury
05-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Gamegaurd worked perfectly fine for me until its last update, which now causes my computer to crash for several different reasons (it seems to randomly change which one it is). I've looked up the error codes and have tried to fix it, but to no avail. I even manually updated every driver on my computer to see if that would help, but sadly it did not.

From what I've read and researched it actually seems to be a kernal conflict somewhere in my system.

I have a Toshiba Tablet XP system and it has worked for this game until recently. I have looked at all the processes that run and nothing has changed since before it started messing it up.

I did try to look up in microsoft's support section about debugging and I need Windows Drive Kit to open the minidump files, but the problem is that my computer is saying that it can't verify that the download was from microsoft so i can't install it to look at the specific causes of the crash, which in turn would lead me one step closer to fixing it hopefully.

What keyboard and mouse are you using?

Valdoroth
05-18-2010, 08:51 PM
its a laptop, so um for the keyboard: TOSHIBA Tablet PC Buttons Type N This is the location of it as for the name i have no clue.
the mouse is a logitech cordless optical mouse i got for like $10 from Wal-mart. Its never had problems in the past though.

And I figured out why WDK wouldnt install, and that's bcs although it does support windows service pack 3, it does not support windows tablet edition lol. 7 hours of stuff for nothing ></

KooriKasumi
06-24-2010, 02:47 PM
If anyone is still checking this thread, is this issue still going on or has it been resolved? I ask because I have just recently started encountering this problem...I know it's not because of my mouse as the only mice I have installed are my default touchpad (I'm running on an ASUS G5 laptop), the ASUS mouse that came with the computer, and the mobile Air mouse that allows you to use an iPhone or iPod touch as a computer mouse, none of which I believe are the problem as this problem only started a few days ago (Mind you I haven't played in about a month), and they were installed before this problem started and weren't causing issues. I think I've rambled enough after my original question ^^; Anyway, thank you in advance for any updates on this.

Edit: I just tested Rappelz, which also uses GameGuard and it's fine....So I can only assume that if the problem is GG related, Rappelz uses a different version...And since they've both been installed since only days after I got this computer running, I don't think they're conflicting....

Valdoroth
06-25-2010, 05:12 PM
I resolved mine by upgrading to windows 7, but I think it was because I had a win32 file for my tablet conflicting with gameguard. Other than that I really am not sure.

KooriKasumi
06-25-2010, 10:30 PM
I've got Windows 7...Came with the computer... I suppose I'm just going to have to wait for GG to get updated for Cabal?

Oh, I've done some testing and sometimes it will be hours before it BSODs, sometimes only a few minutes... Not that that's helpful..

cronic21
07-12-2010, 11:14 PM
idk if u r all still havin this prob or not but i started having it after a recent update and i simple did a defrag and fixed it all. seems cabal.exe is full of defragmented files when u 1st download it so best to do a defrag right afterwards(maybe even after each update, GMs cant seem to have files organized), and can always open cabal and do a check files afterwards for better results.

hope this helps, worked fine for me afterwards.

but ya i dont think it has to do with GG at all, just cabal.exe

KooriKasumi
09-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Thanks Cronic, I am actually still having the problem, but it's occurance is lessened lately. Though the chances of the problem occuring seem to be directly linked to how long my computer has been running, my knowledge of computers is unfortunately too limited for me to understand the coralation. Less time is a higher chance. I will certainly try defragging though. Will post any resulting changes.

And sorry for the major delay in the reply, I only recently started playing again....

KooriKasumi
09-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Update. My computer defrags every Wednesday at 1:00am

So, I don't think that's the problem...

collena
09-26-2010, 04:39 PM
THIS IS STILL A PROBLEM!!!! but what i dont get is this has been a problem for a long time now and i personally think it is b/c cabal having gameguard nprotect with it other mmorpgs dont have this problem and the DONT have gameguard im so sick of this

KooriKasumi
09-26-2010, 05:00 PM
Yeah, I know... What's odd is that Cabal is the only game that's been having this issue for me, and I have a bunch of Gamegaurd games....

At least it's the only one I've noticed it with...

Sicon112
09-26-2010, 08:19 PM
This is weird. I have NEVER gotten a BSOD on this computer before, and I have had it for about five years. The other day I got a BSOD involving CABAL. It only happened the one time, but I am looking into possible causes and solutions. I will get back to you guys if I find something.

~Sicon112

acskimxc
09-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Well Im having the same problem and I've tried countless solutions with no success, I'll keep trying different things and let everyone know if I find the problem.

collena
09-27-2010, 06:10 PM
i think cabal should drop the gameguard ima

acskimxc
09-27-2010, 09:36 PM
So I have gotten multiple errors so I am beyond confused, all my friends say its my drivers, but I have updated them, atleast I think I did, can anyone tell me in simple terms how to update all of my drivers just in case I did it wrong?

And these are the two errors that I have gotten on the blue screen:

STOP: 0x000000B8(0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x0000 0000)

STOP: 0x0000008E(0x80000004,0x80545BFB,0xBA4CFC70,0x0000 0000)

I have a Toshiba tablet laptop, with Windows XP Tablet Edition. Someone please help!!!

[GM] Harlequin
09-28-2010, 02:04 AM
So I have gotten multiple errors so I am beyond confused, all my friends say its my drivers, but I have updated them, atleast I think I did, can anyone tell me in simple terms how to update all of my drivers just in case I did it wrong?

And these are the two errors that I have gotten on the blue screen:

STOP: 0x000000B8(0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x0000 0000)

STOP: 0x0000008E(0x80000004,0x80545BFB,0xBA4CFC70,0x0000 0000)

I have a Toshiba tablet laptop, with Windows XP Tablet Edition. Someone please help!!!

Your friends are right about the drivers. The first stop code indicate problems with hardware which is in most cases driver issues. For the second stop code Microsoft advise you to update your XP to service pack 3.

Sicon112
09-28-2010, 08:17 AM
Harlequin is right again! :) If you don't know how to get service pack three, just get IE running, click tools and go to Windows Update. If you don't have it, it should suggest you get it. As for drivers, you can just search Google for them, (e.g. "name of your type of video card" drivers) or you can go to some of the many sites that offer a program to check which of your drivers are outdated. I don't have a link, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

~Sicon112

KooriKasumi
11-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Okay...I guess I better let my computer BSOD again and see what errors pop up?

Well, BSOD from Cabal to be specific....Come to think of it, that's the only thing that's BSODed by computer XD

Valdoroth
01-24-2011, 02:08 PM
Sticky?

KooriKasumi
03-07-2011, 11:53 AM
It's certainly been a while since I've posted here, but I've also not been on Cabal until today either. And of course the problem has not yet been resolved. My computer did BSOD, predictably, but I couldn't write down the error codes in time, any advice on catching them?

KooriKasumi
03-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Well, I did a bunch of stuff, updated my graphics drivers, got rid of one of the BSOD errors, but still have one...I did set a record of lasting an hour and a half though at least, lol. Anyway, this is the information I got from the BSOD

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000004
BCP2: FFFFFA80059C28D8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000

I hope this means something to someone as I can't get anything close to vaguely helpful....

KooriKasumi
03-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Minor update. I typed in the BCP2 code into Google and got one result....

This thread...

KooriKasumi
03-24-2011, 03:59 PM
Okay, for anyone who's still poking into this thread, I finally think I've fixed my BSOD problem. I'm not sure if the solution is going to help anyone else, but I'll put up what the problem was anyway

Out-of-date BIOS
Updated my BIOS and the BSODs stopped, I've been playing for, about three days after my last post without any.