PDA

View Full Version : Concerned noob with dumb question/difficulty

Divine Nexus
02-05-2011, 07:05 AM
Well, I noticed something strange while playing. I made a Force Blader character, and started off with four skills. Plus, I just created an account yesterday.

Well, after defeating a mantis for the first quest requiring combat, the auto-attack move suddenly disappeared from my interface, from the displayed skillset. I opened the skills section from the Cabal menu and could not find the auto-attack skill there. I'm not sure how I lost it though.

Ever since then, I was not able to engage in combat. I would click on a target and use my remaining three skills but my opponent wouldn't take damage. My skills aren't using mana either. I killed the first mantis perfectly fine, but I can't seem to participate in battles anymore so I can't defeat a second one.

Will someone kindly lend (possibly technical) assistance with this issue? Do I need to reconfigure my options or does it have something to do with my connection, which I believe is fine? I am running this game on minimum system requirements, does that have something to do with it?

SilverIceForum
02-05-2011, 12:46 PM
1) Normal Attack Skill will be found in you Skills>Special Skills
Be above all the Emoticon Skills and such.

2) My Experience with the auto-attacking or doing any attack and the mobs don't take damage nor is any mana being consumed is generally you are about to lag out and d/c from the server or more specifically the connection between your ISP and the game server is getting terrible. Happens when there is a major lag spike most times during the week between 10Am-10.30Am my time (9-9.30am Game Server time zone), my ISP does some stupid crap around that time resetting switches and such for some crazy reason, stupid Cox Cable >_>. Another cause in recent months that causes lag outs I've noticed, dang hack bots with these crazy AoE range hacks will cause you to start lagging at their furthest range, server trying to figure out who is doing what damage if you attack a mob an AoE range hack bot is hitting also. Not much can be done other than Screen/Vid capture any bots you encounter and report them, ISP to Game Server lagouts about the only thing you can do is contact your ISP to see if they can resolve that.

Running on a system with minimum requirements to play, yeah, i can see in certain instances you getting some lag from hard drive and lack of video memory causing stepping in graphics and maybe 1-2 second refresh spikes from hard drive reads/writes to virtual memory. If you on a dial-up connection compound that even worse :/

Not much other info I can give you without visually seeing what you box is doing.

Divine Nexus
02-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Even on minimum sys req, the game runs fairly smoothly for me. I've concluded it was likely a lag spike, especially since I was on a crowded server. It works fine for me now.

Thank you! Much gratitude! :)

ArrowOwnage
02-07-2011, 05:58 AM
ahh thats happened to me before! D:
the problem is that you must have accidentally checked on "show skill animation" in the options menu.
Whenver this is checked on you can show off your skills to other players without having to use mp or sp.
All you have to do to fix this is check "show skill animation" off. I forgot which tab in the options menu it's in, but if you look hard enough you'll find it. :D
Hope this helped!
-Felixxer-