PDA

View Full Version : Difference between a SFS and a MFS. Can somebody explain please?

Storm704
02-06-2011, 02:02 PM
I am new to this game and currently level 14. I'm trying to decide which type of FS I will go. Which of the two deal higher damage and are more sought out for? Can I get some pros & cons? Help is appreciated :)

xEtherx
02-06-2011, 07:13 PM
sFS = good Spike dmg and highest defense. Gear to make a great sFS is expensive.
mFS = almost exclusively a pvp/war class. Gear to make a good mFS is dirt cheap.

FS is a very overplayed class. if ya want to make something good for pvp and pve thats fairly cheap and still functional I'd suggest FA.

Roxlyn
02-06-2011, 07:14 PM
one is...well it has a s...the other a m^^

rellik
02-06-2011, 08:43 PM
sfs pros high def ss and sg have crit dmg inc in them great for war and pvp great for solo grinding.

sfs cons: harder to solo dungeons vs other classes takes alot of alz to build it good

mfs pros great dps gear is cheap better at soloing dungeons then sfs good for pvp/war

mfs cons: harder the solo grind takes longer to lvl up due to the low aoe skills has lower def then sfs.

Vontar
02-06-2011, 08:44 PM
wtf, how does mfs have lower def than sfs?

Scoops
02-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Perhaps they were thinking of a martial build? o.O

DivineWrath
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM

str is moved to int/dex = lower defense

DivineWrath
02-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Perhaps they were thinking of a martial build? o.O

never put martial on a fs lol

PSBeardy
02-06-2011, 10:22 PM

Yes the often overlooked stat change.....STR into INT.....SFS is end game unless you have GM gears like SIRRazor lol....

ZEPR0
02-07-2011, 09:46 AM
LMAO mFS good in War wtf?
sFS is definitely more bad@ss in war than mFS
same goes with pvp sFS can 2 hit a higher lvl class mFS cant
didnt even see a mFS bringer if you want a magic type class then make a WI or FA

Marth
02-07-2011, 10:57 AM
This thread....
-.-

xEtherx
02-07-2011, 12:06 PM
sfs pros high def ss and sg have crit dmg inc in them great for war and pvp great for solo grinding.

sfs cons: harder to solo dungeons vs other classes takes alot of alz to build it good

mfs pros great dps gear is cheap better at soloing dungeons then sfs good for pvp/war

mfs cons: harder the solo grind takes longer to lvl up due to the low aoe skills has lower def then sfs.

Everyone I talked to says MFS su.cks at pve and also cant use forcium armor. they have to stay in shineguard/osm and deal with the 900-1000def to obtain 900+m attk.

So your saying mFS > sFS for boss farming and dungeon running solo and in groups?

Storm704
02-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the input guys :D

DivineWrath
02-08-2011, 02:49 AM
hypatiaheron=mfs bringer, and i believe handoi once=mfs bringer

you can build for bringer too LOL

stealth305
02-08-2011, 05:41 AM
sFs is war for sureeee i mean get a mob of ppl nd just do sg/ss and ull get wayy more damage output then a cannon... <.<

plzbuffme
02-08-2011, 01:50 PM
shield grenade change the game

xEtherx
02-09-2011, 09:32 PM
I know sFS > mFS thats why the gear is so cheap. Before the new skills sFS had a good chance to 2 shot most WI, FB, FA and low defense bladers and even without trying to 2 shot someone sFS still has a decent DPS combo for pvp. One thing I was thinking if they moved sheild grenade to Magic skill it would Balance out the builds making mFS and sFS on much more even ground and thus making the gear for mFS somewhat valuable again. Not to mention as far as pvp moving SG to magic would give mFS a decent lead or finisher instead of lance/cannon spam.

Magicammp
02-09-2011, 09:37 PM
Mfs are fun Untill u get to higher wars....Thats when i switched to sfs.

Magicammp
02-09-2011, 09:49 PM
One thing I was thinking if they moved sheild grenade to Magic skill it would Balance out the builds making mFS and sFS on much more even ground and thus making the gear for mFS somewhat valuable again. Not to mention as far as pvp moving SG to magic would give mFS a decent lead or finisher instead of lance/cannon spam.

then that would mean every class would have an advantage on us sfs cause then we would have to hope that Shield splinter crts.... :-(

xEtherx
02-09-2011, 09:58 PM
then that would mean every class would have an advantage on us sfs cause then we would have to hope that Shield splinter crts.... :-(

Ask any sFS sinse the addition of the new skills what their combo is and the will say...SG-SS-SG-SS-SG-SS.... Maybe they will lead off with forcekick to close the gap. no other class has the luxury of using 2 skills to spike almost any class, they rely on a dps combo. Sheild Grenade disrupted that balance.

I wouldn't consider moving SG to magic skill an advantage or disadvantage. That my friend is called balance, By putting sFS back into the DPS combo mechanic.

Magicammp
02-09-2011, 10:09 PM
how would it be ballance if ur taking away a skill move for sfs.. ur really not taking anything away from mfs cause they spamm cannons and lances that hurt if they are built the right way.

DivineWrath
02-10-2011, 01:24 AM
Ask any sFS sinse the addition of the new skills what their combo is and the will say...SG-SS-SG-SS-SG-SS.... Maybe they will lead off with forcekick to close the gap. no other class has the luxury of using 2 skills to spike almost any class, they rely on a dps combo. Sheild Grenade disrupted that balance.

I wouldn't consider moving SG to magic skill an advantage or disadvantage. That my friend is called balance, By putting sFS back into the DPS combo mechanic.

fk>is>sg>se>ss>sb >.>

stealth305
02-10-2011, 06:03 AM

eehh, my combo is not SG-SS repeat, lol thats just boring...

M3lly
02-10-2011, 07:35 AM
LMAO mFS good in War wtf?
sFS is definitely more bad@ss in war than mFS
same goes with pvp sFS can 2 hit a higher lvl class mFS cant
didnt even see a mFS bringer if you want a magic type class then make a WI or FA

pottytrained was bringer and mfs o.o

xEtherx
02-10-2011, 12:33 PM
fk>is>sg>se>ss>sb >.> your one of few. most go with the 2 hit crit combo only resorting to dps combo in war. However ya kinds showed my point. FS is the only class the recognizes both a sword amd magic builds. You dont see sword wizzy's or FA's, you dont see magic bladers or warriors. I have only seen 1 magic FB and I give toka props for actually pulling it off. adding SG to FS tipped the balance to highly favor sFS vs mFS. If you move SG to magic skills it would make little difference to sFS ( as most targets are dead after ya hit your finisher in a 3-4 hit dps combo ) and would make mFS near even with sFS again.

xEtherx
02-10-2011, 12:45 PM
Everyone says mFS sux and they didn't until the addition of the new skills. Its just food for thought to put viability back into mFS.

LSW
02-10-2011, 03:27 PM
Just my 2 cents. I havn't seen any worthwhile mfs (with the exception of hypatia and some others). For general pk, i think theyre great but for NW/PVE they arent as good. In NW, i have yet to see a mfs that exceeds 700 a lance, which isnt that effective in the tier I'm in. Combo wise, SG>SS>SG>SS is a very odd combo... And isnt that powerful.

xEtherx
02-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Just my 2 cents. I havn't seen any worthwhile mfs. That is why I say changing SG to magic would give mFS value and viability.

LSW
02-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Making SG a magic skill would completely eliminate any reason to create an sfs and would essentially make them, in all aspects of the game, an inferior warrior. I'm not saying I wouldn't enjoy it because I would reroll back to mfs, but it would be completely unbalanced with mfs dps for NW/PvP functions.

+1, sFS were slow before the update, this helps a bit considering mFS were largely based on their dps

DivineWrath
02-11-2011, 03:56 AM
That is why I say changing SG to magic would give mFS value and viability.

you do realize mFS isnt meant to be a class right?

Vontar
02-11-2011, 05:34 AM
A good mfs should be wearing forci m.amp at least +6 . . .

DivineWrath
02-11-2011, 05:56 AM
A good mfs should be wearing forci m.amp at least +6 . . .

not always, cus just like FA an mFS has to sacrifice base for forci armor

xEtherx
02-11-2011, 07:49 AM
you do realize mFS isnt meant to be a class right?

Yes but FS is the only class that acknowledges both magic and sword builds as valid efficent builds. mFS just became less viable due to the new skills in the game. I know sFS > mFS I am just pointing out the sFS can replace their SG finisher in a dps combo with SS and still 3-4 shot almost any other class with = gear. Changing SG to magic would make mFS viable again as it would have a proper lead or finisher skill and thus bring value to both the mFS gear and usefullness in parties outside of PvP and PK making sFS and mFS near equal but still favoring sFS.

plzbuffme
02-11-2011, 12:28 PM
mfs became obsolete with sg and introduction to 4x rings and kred

now all class so easy to get rate and not have to sacrifice using low base weapons to get rate