PDA

View Full Version : NEW CLASS: The Swordsman Class

Raysuko
02-08-2011, 09:20 AM
Yet again, I have another class developed. Really guys, I am glad to hear you are reading these ideas of classes I am making. Makes me proud to have these ideas of mine to be critiqued by the community. I hope to keep making new ideas for Cabal Online, to help further the franchise in developement.

This class was a little tricky, but as always, these ideas and examples are not final. The class is called Swordsman. The class uses the armor I made called Framesuits. But first let me tell you about the Amor Type called the Framesuit.

Framesuits are a newly developed armor. They are the defaults for the Hunter (Hunter still in development) and Swordsman Class. They are styled like Jumpsuits, and are reinforced with light metal alloys to allow full-forced combat and mobility. The Framesuits are built around Defense then Defense Rate, but a little less then the Armorsuit. The Frames are 10% less DEF then the Armorsuit, but 7% more then the Battlesuit. Epaulets used by the Frames allow a Sash on the waist. The sash looks similar to the Martialsuit's Epaulet, but its along the waistline of the Frame, with different looks and detail. Here is an example of basic suit requirements used for the Framesuit (Not the helm, hands, or boots).

Swordsman: Forcium Framesuit ( STR: 455 | INT: 35 | DEX: 143)
Hunter: Forcium Framesuit ( STR: 80 | INT: 122 | DEX: 425)

Now for the explanation of the Swordsman Class. The class's weapon of choice is 1 Blade-type weapon. So the other players weapon slot is empty. The class is offensive, yet defensive in its class skills. So the skills make up for the lose of a weapon, which I will explain. The player uses what I would call Grabs. The player will attack the enemy(s) with the blade, then conduct a single Grab to inflict additional damage, with a increased Critical Damage. For example, you are facing a group of 3 enemies. You use a Sword Skill and attack all 3 enemies. At the end of the blade attack, the player then grabs the enemy, and conducts the Grab attack. They are used together in 1 Skill Move, but you can have 3 different Grabs-Types as you Rank Up.

I will explain Grabs a little more in depth. Grabs can be bought like any skill from a Instructor. But grabs are a little more different. The Grabs are indeed skills, but they are also Passive Buffs for the Swordsman. By using the Grab as a buff, it will enable a Grab after a Sword Skill. You are allowed 2 Grab Buffs after getting to Master Rank. But, if you have on 2 Grabs when attacking an enemy, a random Grab will be performed. You can do this, or keep one Grab Skill. It will depend on how quick or powerful you want the Grab Skills to be. The Grab Buff has unlimited Time on it. But if you use 2 of the Grab Buffs, then try on a 3rd one, the last buff will disappear and replace it with the one you activated. One more thing, this is a new unique type of Skills. So if this seems confusing, I apologize in advance. Its still undergoing major changes, so I will be changing things as I continue on with developing new Classes and such. If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to ask me. I will answer them as best as I can.

Now, onto the skills. The skills are quite nicely depicted and named, and these where fun to make. But I carefully tried not to make them not to overpowering, since you can use the Grab skills the end of the Sword Skill. There are 3 Grab Skills to get, but you can only use 2 at a time. Mix and match them how you want, some combinations are better then others. Anyway, here are the skills and Stats for the Swordsman Class:

))))SWORDSMAN STATS((((

ATK: 7 | INT: 1 | DEX: 4

))))SWORD&MAGIC SKILLS((((

))Novice Rank((

Name: Combat Strike
Type: Sword Skill
Add Damage +21 (+3 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 48)
Critical Rate +10%
Critical Dmg +20%
MP Cost: 5 (+1 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 14)
Area 1
Range 1 ~ 2
Description: Strike at your enemy then grab

Name: Arm Hook
Type: Magic Buff (Grab Skill)
Critical Rate +0% (+0.02 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 2%)
Critical Dmg +0% (+0.02 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 4%)
Effect: Stun +50%
Duration: Passive Buff (Unlimited)
Description: Attack then slam the enemy to the ground

))Apprentice Rank((

Name: Double Barrage
Add Damage +42 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 60)
Critical Rate +10%
Critical Dmg +20%
MP cost 7 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 25)
Range 1 ~ 2
Area 2
Description: A powerful wide slash with a kick

Name: Gladiator Might
Type: Magic Buff
Attack +10 (+2 per Rank) (lvl20 = +50)
Attack Rate +50 (+25 per Rank) (Lvl20 = +550)
MP cost 29 (+1.5 per Rank) (lvl20 = 59)
Duration: 60secs (+secs based upon Rank) (Lvl20 = 960secs)
Description: Strengthens the will of your rage

))Regular Rank((

Name: Martial Barrage
Add Damage +89 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 107)
Critical Rate +5%
Critical Dmg +15%
MP cost 21 (+1.5 per Rank)
Area 2
Range 1 ~ 1
Description: A flurry of 3 kicks with a mighty slash

))Master Rank((

Name: Flank
Add Damage +15 (+9 per Rank) (lvl9 = 81)
Critical Rate +100%
Critical Dmg -15%
Effect: Untarget
MP cost 55 (+1.2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 65)
Area 2
Range 1 ~ 15
Cooldown Time: 300secs (Lvl9 = 180)
Description: Dash and flank enemies from behind

Name: Gladiator Instinct
Defense +10 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 30)
Defense Rate +150 (+20 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 550)
MP cost 29 (+1.5 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 59)
Description: Strengthens the will of your mind

Name: Sunrise
Critical Rate +0% (+0.01 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 2%)
MP cost 30 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 50)
Description: Grab and attack with a relentless upwards kick and slash

))G.Master Rank((

Name: Combat Barrage
Add Damage +210 (+6.5 per Rank)
Critical Rate +15%
Critical Dmg +30%
Effect: Stun +75%
MP cost 31 (+2 per Rank)
Area 3
Range 1 ~ 3
Description: Make flurries of kicks and slashes with pent up rage

Name: First Aid
Type: Magic Skill
Effect: Heal HP +100 (+100 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 1000)
MP cost 15 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 35)
Description: Tend to inflicted wounds

))Completer Rank((

Name: Shou Dai
Add Damage +289 (+4.2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 326)
Critical Rate +30%
Critical Dmg -15%
MP cost 42 (+3 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 69)
Area 3
Range 1 ~ 3
Description: Your blade slashes with the power of an apocalypse

))Transender Rank((

Name: Swordsman Barrage
Add Damage +365 (+8 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 437)
Critical Rate +5%
Critical Dmg +25%
MP cost 45 (+4 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 81)
Area 3
Range 1 ~ 3
Description: Kick and slash with uncontrollable rage

Name: Bunt
Critical Dmg +0% (+0.01 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 2%)
Effect: Stun +25%
Description: Quickly elbow your enemy then slash

))))EXTRA TRANSENDER SKILLBOOK((((
(Porto Inferno)
(Only 1 Focus can be used at a time, no stacks)

Name: Attack Focus
Attack +10%
Defense -10%
MP cost 65 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 85)
Description: Your mind enforces with the instinct to kill

Name: Defense Focus
Attack -5%
Defense +10%
Description: Your mind enforces with the instinct to guard

))))BATTLE MODES((((

Battle Mode 1: Calvary
Description:
The Swordsman the goes into this BM has increased stats like any other BM1. But this BM has no special traits or functions. I am trying to think of something special that the BM1 can have, but I am afraid I havent yet. If anyone would like to submit an idea, please feel free to share any idea that you may have.

Battle Mode 2: Viking
Astral Weapon: Long Greataxe
Description:
The swordsman that goes into this BM has increased stats, but also has a large increase in Attack Power. The amount of Attack Power gained is still under development. Now, while in BM2 you gain the Astral Weapon, the Long Greataxe. When using it, you attack with wide and quick slashes using normal attack. After the 4 consecutive normal attacks, you automatically use a Grab Skill and perform it twice! The Grab skill performed will be the first one that was activated. So here is a good plan when using the Viking Battle Mode. When using 2 grabs, always activate Bunt first cause it the quickest Grab Skill. So when you do the 4 attacks, you do the 2 Grabs quickly, then you can go right back to slashing again. Its good to do this so you can get more consecutive normal attacks in, before the BM Duration is up. Using the other Grab Skills might use up more time, so you wont get in many normal attacks.

SilverIceForum
02-08-2011, 03:32 PM
Already a Swordsman/Fencer Class, it's called the Force Blader ^_-

Magicammp
02-08-2011, 03:57 PM
maybe in cabal 2.

Raysuko
02-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Already a Swordsman/Fencer Class, it's called the Force Blader ^_-

Depict the Force Blader, as these types of skills are completely different then the FB. I am sorry, but you are incorrect.

XFearMyBladeX
02-08-2011, 04:15 PM
got tired after the 2nd word ( u type too much) anyway there are stuffs alot more important than making another class out of no were.... ^__^ instead of making a whole new class they should work on all the glitches/events/management/tickets/IS?....( and the list coudld continue) ^_^

XFearMyBladeX
02-08-2011, 04:16 PM
btw more interesting than ANOTHER sword class is a FIST class there have been a couple of threads about it and that sounds more fun

ReknoWunzz
02-08-2011, 04:17 PM
got tired after the 2nd word ( u type too much) anyway there are stuffs alot more important than making another class out of no were.... ^__^ instead of making a whole new class they should work on all the glitches/events/management/tickets/IS?....( and the list coudld continue) ^_^

You typed too much, i got tired before the second letter =].

XFearMyBladeX
02-08-2011, 04:21 PM
You typed too much, i got tired before the second letter =].

go get high and make a sig melo =p

ReknoWunzz
02-08-2011, 04:28 PM

Atleast they come out Legit lol

XFearMyBladeX
02-08-2011, 04:38 PM
Atleast they come out Legit lol

o.0 what do u mean :O

ReknoWunzz
02-08-2011, 04:42 PM
o.0 what do u mean :O

They come out looking nice, not poor photoshopped lol.

Mrshoveit
02-08-2011, 04:44 PM
dont u got a job or sumthin

XFearMyBladeX
02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
dont u got a job or sumthin

me?o.o

renji642
02-08-2011, 05:06 PM
the fact that you spent your time writing this crap down......i frown on you sir.

Raysuko
02-09-2011, 04:40 AM
I am going to say something right now, to the unintelligent comments I have had.

I make these ideas for fun, and to help EST get some of their own ideas. As this is called the "SUGGESTION" Corner, the ideas I make will certainly not make the cut to be made. So for future reference to the biggots who post rude and unnecessary comments, please do me the favor of not posting at all. Your just wasting your breath.

ZeonH
02-12-2011, 11:04 AM
The only flaw i C on this is the fact that they would be using one blade/katana and nothing on the other weapon slot, which makes the class waaaay uncompensated. I Noticed u mentioned them compensating with their skills, i imagine it's the same as a blader that compensates with some of it's skills, but still, for example, adding 25% critical dmg doesn't compensate the fact that it's missing up to 40% dmg (and not counting the attk) from the 2nd weapon slot.

Overall the idea i9s really good, grtz on thinking on such a complex character class.
One suggestion tho, could be adding something different to the opther weapon slot, maybe something realted to the grab skills? hmm maybe an orb or crystal that, like with the force shielder or archer, could take the form of a extendable arm or something...

+1

ZeonH
02-12-2011, 11:07 AM
btw more interesting than ANOTHER sword class is a FIST class there have been a couple of threads about it and that sounds more fun

Check Blade&Soul, u'll luv it then, they have a fist class xD

Ravenscroft
02-13-2011, 01:52 AM
Yet again, I have another class developed. Really guys, I am glad to hear you are reading these ideas of classes I am making. Makes me proud to have these ideas of mine to be critiqued by the community. I hope to keep making new ideas for Cabal Online, to help further the franchise in developement.

This class was a little tricky, but as always, these ideas and examples are not final. The class is called Swordsman. The class uses the armor I made called Framesuits. But first let me tell you about the Amor Type called the Framesuit.

Framesuits are a newly developed armor. They are the defaults for the Hunter (Hunter still in development) and Swordsman Class. They are styled like Jumpsuits, and are reinforced with light metal alloys to allow full-forced combat and mobility. The Framesuits are built around Defense then Defense Rate, but a little less then the Armorsuit. The Frames are 10% less DEF then the Armorsuit, but 7% more then the Battlesuit. Epaulets used by the Frames allow a Sash on the waist. The sash looks similar to the Martialsuit's Epaulet, but its along the waistline of the Frame, with different looks and detail. Here is an example of basic suit requirements used for the Framesuit (Not the helm, hands, or boots).

Swordsman: Forcium Framesuit ( STR: 455 | INT: 35 | DEX: 143)
Hunter: Forcium Framesuit ( STR: 80 | INT: 122 | DEX: 425)

Now for the explanation of the Swordsman Class. The class's weapon of choice is 1 Blade-type weapon. So the other players weapon slot is empty. The class is offensive, yet defensive in its class skills. So the skills make up for the lose of a weapon, which I will explain. The player uses what I would call Grabs. The player will attack the enemy(s) with the blade, then conduct a single Grab to inflict additional damage, with a increased Critical Damage. For example, you are facing a group of 3 enemies. You use a Sword Skill and attack all 3 enemies. At the end of the blade attack, the player then grabs the enemy, and conducts the Grab attack. They are used together in 1 Skill Move, but you can have 3 different Grabs-Types as you Rank Up.

I will explain Grabs a little more in depth. Grabs can be bought like any skill from a Instructor. But grabs are a little more different. The Grabs are indeed skills, but they are also Passive Buffs for the Swordsman. By using the Grab as a buff, it will enable a Grab after a Sword Skill. You are allowed 2 Grab Buffs after getting to Master Rank. But, if you have on 2 Grabs when attacking an enemy, a random Grab will be performed. You can do this, or keep one Grab Skill. It will depend on how quick or powerful you want the Grab Skills to be. The Grab Buff has unlimited Time on it. But if you use 2 of the Grab Buffs, then try on a 3rd one, the last buff will disappear and replace it with the one you activated. One more thing, this is a new unique type of Skills. So if this seems confusing, I apologize in advance. Its still undergoing major changes, so I will be changing things as I continue on with developing new Classes and such. If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to ask me. I will answer them as best as I can.

Now, onto the skills. The skills are quite nicely depicted and named, and these where fun to make. But I carefully tried not to make them not to overpowering, since you can use the Grab skills the end of the Sword Skill. There are 3 Grab Skills to get, but you can only use 2 at a time. Mix and match them how you want, some combinations are better then others. Anyway, here are the skills and Stats for the Swordsman Class:

))))SWORDSMAN STATS((((

ATK: 7 | INT: 1 | DEX: 4

))))SWORD&MAGIC SKILLS((((

))Novice Rank((

Name: Combat Strike
Add Damage +21 (+3 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 48)
Critical Rate +10%
Critical Dmg +20%
MP Cost: 5 (+1 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 14)
Area 1
Range 1 ~ 2
Description: Strike at your enemy then grab

Name: Arm Hook
Critical Rate +0% (+0.02 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 2%)
Effect: Stun +50%
Duration: Passive Buff (Unlimited)
Description: Attack then slam the enemy to the ground

))Apprentice Rank((

Name: Double Barrage
Add Damage +42 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 60)
Critical Rate +10%
Critical Dmg +20%
MP cost 7 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 25)
Range 1 ~ 2
Area 2
Description: A powerful wide slash with a kick

Name: Gladiator Might
Attack +10 (+2 per Rank) (lvl20 = +50)
Attack Rate +50 (+25 per Rank) (Lvl20 = +550)
MP cost 29 (+1.5 per Rank) (lvl20 = 59)
Description: Strengthens the will of your rage

))Regular Rank((

Name: Martial Barrage
Add Damage +89 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 107)
Critical Rate +5%
Critical Dmg +15%
MP cost 21 (+1.5 per Rank)
Area 2
Range 1 ~ 1
Description: A flurry of 3 kicks with a mighty slash

))Master Rank((

Name: Flank
Add Damage +15 (+9 per Rank) (lvl9 = 81)
Critical Rate +100%
Critical Dmg -15%
Effect: Untarget
MP cost 55 (+1.2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 65)
Area 2
Range 1 ~ 15
Cooldown Time: 300secs (Lvl9 = 180)
Description: Dash and flank enemies from behind

Name: Gladiator Instinct
Defense +10 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 30)
Defense Rate +150 (+20 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 550)
MP cost 29 (+1.5 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 59)
Description: Strengthens the will of your mind

Name: Sunrise
Description: Grab and attack with a relentless upwards kick and slash

))G.Master Rank((

Name: Combat Barrage
Add Damage +210 (+6.5 per Rank)
Critical Rate +15%
Critical Dmg +30%
Effect: Stun +75%
MP cost 31 (+2 per Rank)
Area 3
Range 1 ~ 3
Description: Make flurries of kicks and slashes with pent up rage

Name: First Aid
Type: Magic Skill
Effect: Heal HP +100 (+100 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 1000)
MP cost 15 (+2 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 35)
Description: Tend to inflicted wounds

))Completer Rank((

Name: Shou Dai
Add Damage +289 (+4.2 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 326)
Critical Rate +30%
Critical Dmg -15%
MP cost 42 (+3 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 69)
Area 3
Range 1 ~ 3
Description: Your blade slashes with the power of an apocalypse

))Transender Rank((

Name: Swordsman Barrage
Add Damage +365 (+8 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 437)
Critical Rate +5%
Critical Dmg +25%
MP cost 45 (+4 per Rank) (Lvl9 = 81)
Area 3
Range 1 ~ 3
Description: Kick and slash with uncontrollable rage

Name: Bunt
Critical Dmg +0% (+0.01 per Rank) (Lvl20 = 2%)
Effect: Stun +25%
Description: Quickly elbow your enemy then slash

))))EXTRA TRANSENDER SKILLBOOK((((
(Porto Inferno)
(Only 1 Focus can be used at a time, no stacks)

Name: Attack Focus
Attack +10%
Defense -10%
Description: Your mind enforces with the instinct to kill

Name: Defense Focus
Attack -5%
Defense +10%
Description: Your mind enforces with the instinct to guard

))))BATTLE MODES((((

Battle Mode 1: Calvary
Description:
The Swordsman the goes into this BM has increased stats like any other BM1. But this BM has no special traits or functions. I am trying to think of something special that the BM1 can have, but I am afraid I havent yet. If anyone would like to submit an idea, please feel free to share any idea that you may have.

Battle Mode 2: Viking
Astral Weapon: Long Greataxe
Description:
The swordsman that goes into this BM has increased stats, but also has a large increase in Attack Power. The amount of Attack Power gained is still under development. Now, while in BM2 you gain the Astral Weapon, the Long Greataxe. When using it, you attack with wide and quick slashes using normal attack. After the 4 consecutive normal attacks, you automatically use a Grab Skill and perform it twice! The Grab skill performed will be the first one that was activated. So here is a good plan when using the Viking Battle Mode. When using 2 grabs, always activate Bunt first cause it the quickest Grab Skill. So when you do the 4 attacks, you do the 2 Grabs quickly, then you can go right back to slashing again. Its good to do this so you can get more consecutive normal attacks in, before the BM Duration is up. Using the other Grab Skills might use up more time, so you wont get in many normal attacks.

Honestly, it's a groovy idea. But I doubt EST will take the opportunity to harness uniqueness. It would take SO much time to estimate drop rates for equipment, skill animations, and all around the back boned hard work that goes into creating a new character.

But it's still a good idea. It sounds funner than a warrior, and much easier. You've basically combined a Warrior and a Bladers full potention with eachother. Which is cool. lol

Tabby24x7
02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
What is this I don't even... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

YoungSuper
02-22-2011, 06:21 AM

+2

YoungSuper
02-22-2011, 06:22 AM
Check Blade&Soul, u'll luv it then, they have a fist class xD

yea but the thing is only GOD Himself, knows when that dam game is going to come out. me and so many others have been waiting for such a long ass time. now i hear it may not even come out this year, maybe 2012 -__-