PDA

View Full Version : Skilling up, endgame, and ticket reply length.

Devalina
02-08-2011, 12:40 PM
Hello ladies and gents, I'm an oldschool (OGP beta / release age) player who is just coming back for some fun now. I haven't actively played since about mid 2008 or so, and I was hoping to get a bit of information to help me figure some things out (how I plan to build my character)

1. I've noticed that skills now have caps. Ex: Novice til level 10, Apprentice til level 30(?) Regular to (x?), Does someone have a list of these skills / caps that I can take a look over? Back when I leveled there was no hard caps in place, so I punch-skilled on ape + until about A.master and had dual trans by about level 75.

2. How is the endgame now? Back when I played (Level 139 FB) LS was a bit stupid, MF was very hard to solo, and PF was almost inconceivable to solo. Weps went up to +7, UCH(ighest) were a new thing, There were about 5 bikes on the server, Epaulets were still pretty rare, and there weren't really any dungeons until 75 (LID dungeon... the one that uses map parts). Chaos keys showed up shortly before I left, but I don't recall ever running one. There were just too many bots, too few legit players, and whatever else. My computer could scarcely handle the wars... so the game wasn't enjoyable to me. Now I'm back with a slick i7 laptop so I sorta want to get back into the game.

3. How long do tickets usually take to reply to? I sent in a ticket about getting my old character back and was told that the character had been claimed by another account (one I've never heard of, although they only gave me the first few letters). I'm trying to get back my old character... they took about 20 minutes to reply to my first few tickets... now we're going on a week since I last heard back... Anyone know?

Thanks a lot
--Devalina.

ReknoWunzz
02-08-2011, 12:46 PM
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?16117-To-EstSoft-Whining-Raging-Thread

Should read before you decide to make a comeback.

Devalina
02-08-2011, 01:11 PM
Well to be fair, I sorta thought OGP would've gone out of business around late 2006.... so I don't think Cabal is going anywhere right yet. Anyways, this game is just for when I'm in between SC II competitions anyways.

SilverIceForum
02-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Skill Cap levels are at

10 Novic, 30 Apprentice, 40 Regular, 50 Expert, 60 A.Expert, 70 Master, 80 A.Master, 90 G.Master, 100 Completer

End Game
LiD is still a bit useless at 139, but it is a good milk run for cash, plus all dungeons now have title for number of completions, 1, 10, 100, 500, 1000, and LiD's title gives extra damage as its bonus. LS, MF, and PF are now a bit manageable to do without much trouble, a lot of damage reduced from mobs, new Map PI for 160+ if you are geared right is not that bad I hear. Got some newer dungeons, some short and can yield some good endgame drops, some newer equipment as well, Nation War is split into tiers by level. Have the new Essence Rune/Ability Point System for 120+ Characters, "Can Now Blink/Dash/Fade In A Town". There several other things added, changed, made easier, like being able to summon Mercenaries in dungeons which are almost like a pet but attack what you attack.

Best advice, probably not going to like a lot of what has changed, because if you are in transfer OGP account to EST limbo atm might as well take a number and have a seat at the Department of Motor Vehicle type of scenario. EST is sloooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww on their customer service for really hard issues, something simple can be 10 days, really hard, better odds of getting hit by a lightning bolt or winning the PowerBall b4 you get the issue resolved tbh.

Devalina
02-08-2011, 05:01 PM
Heh. I'd probably have about 1000 completions of EOD 1f at this point.... which is tremendously sad....That's about all an FB could do at 139 when I quit. Try to stunlock combo in MF or just grind eod 1f / SOD (Good luck finding an SOD) Money was gotten from grinding Dark.... something or other's in port lux... the blader looking things. Grinding them with +alz gear was getting me about 2m / hour... pimp money.

As it stands now, I probably won't come back if I can't get my old char back. I don't really feel like leveling up another toon from ~1-140ish. Between school, work, life, etc I just wanted to see if I could beat my old combo of 227 =(.

Also: I should mention, it looks like someone else claimed my character in the account transfer process, so I'm going to probably have to dispute that too....

edited first post to say LS once, not lid.

Shinji
02-09-2011, 04:28 AM
Your name is familiar o.o

Devalina
02-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Your name is familiar o.o

Well, I was always outspoken... Ummmm, I ran around ganking a LOT of people with MinaciousGrace and Zappa in the early OGPlanet days. I was in Valkyrie and Unity with BronzeMech and some other folks.... I forget a LOT of names of people though... so maybe one of those ways?

Shinji
02-10-2011, 03:10 AM
Lol Bronze to bad he got hack :<