PDA

View Full Version : What level should a FB begin statting for Osmium Blades?

Foxhound3857
02-11-2011, 02:47 PM
Haven't yet decided if I'm going to use an Orb or a Crystal (and I'm sticking with Battlesuit), but I'm Lv50 now and I want to know when I should start pumping Str for Blades. When will I receive my last stat bonus from skilling?

Also, which is usually more expensive, a 36-40DB Lapis Orb, or a 36-40DB Lapis Crystal?

Innovation
02-15-2011, 06:46 PM
The only time you don't use crystal is if you're mFB. Crystal gives more attack, go with that. Also, you don't need to be worrying about your str too much, just do your rank ups and skill, you should be able to wear Osmium blade at around 70 or 80. You get stat boosts till 10th rank up, which is when you're Trans.
And I think orbs are more expensive. Check in AH for that.
I noticed you put "36-40". 40cdi can only be acquired if you extend it, so if you want a Lapis one, you need SEH with that.

YoungSuper
02-15-2011, 07:41 PM
i suggest preparing for the proper gear right away. since your a force blader just set your strength and intelligence to the minimum requirements for all your gear and then pump the rest into dex for the rest of the game. and crystal will benefit you alot more than the orb in the long run.

Probation
02-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Youngsuper is right Dex all the way and recommended for more attack crystal and good luck in leveling =].

Anarchy
07-09-2011, 06:14 AM
Go with Crystal for better Attack stat. Unless you're a mFB (like some guys mentioned earlier) then you can use Orb. (I'm using an Aqua Orb nevertheless)
Around 70-80 lvl you'll be able to use Osmium Blade. IMO using Blade or Katana will depend on each player's preference. My 104 FB is using a Red Osmium Blade +3 and it works quite well (just need to slot Crit Damage :D)

Ardun
07-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Since no one answered your question, the crystals are usually cheaper albeit both are rare. The difference between an orb and a crystal is a whopping 2 attack and the stat reqs to wear both for a fb are the same. The crystal would be better but it wouldn't even be noticeable. Since both are rare, get the one you can find.