PDA

View Full Version : Training pets

jone
02-14-2011, 02:12 AM
Well I've just recently bought a level 7 Anima Gem (thinking it was an actual pet) and a level 1 pet.
I obviously need to train the pet to level 7.

What is the best way to train it?
I have tried the gate in EoD (which lasts roughly 90minutes).
I also prefer something I could do over-night.

Any suggestions?

Campus
02-14-2011, 02:47 AM
PF

ArrowOwnage
02-14-2011, 05:14 AM
jone, is there a way to buy a pet in game?
or do you have to buy from cash shop?

jone
02-14-2011, 11:51 AM
jone, is there a way to buy a pet in game?
or do you have to buy from cash shop?

Well I had already bought a pet before I realised the training was pretty slow :D
Also, the high leveled pets are expensive as heck!

IllusionistZ
02-14-2011, 12:06 PM
Well I've just recently bought a level 7 Anima Gem (thinking it was an actual pet) and a level 1 pet.
I obviously need to train the pet to level 7.

What is the best way to train it?
I have tried the gate in EoD (which lasts roughly 90minutes).
I also prefer something I could do over-night.

Any suggestions?
Here's what ya need to do and use:
Level Booster from CS
30day BB+
Pet BB
Pet EXP Rune
Exp Rune
Party Exp Rune
Be in partys for bounes
Do all the CA's for your lvl cap
Party in PF as much as possible.
Pet Exp is based upon the % of exp that you gain. So, the more and faster you gain exp the more does your pet.
Also, now there's a new item where it allows you to boost two pets at once. Plus this would be nice for your skills you get from each pet.
Hope this helps

Valdoroth
02-14-2011, 02:27 PM
I swear I started this trend:
Get a bunch of cheap forcium and auto hp healing stuffs and go to the brachium/ cornus area. At the warps there 1 lone brachium that you can just use weak skills (like arrows) on and you don't need weapons.
It will auto heal, so as long as you don't die or no one kills you, you can pet grind for hours on end. I went 11 hours straight once while I was at work and all.

jone
02-15-2011, 07:14 PM
I swear I started this trend:
Get a bunch of cheap forcium and auto hp healing stuffs and go to the brachium/ cornus area. At the warps there 1 lone brachium that you can just use weak skills (like arrows) on and you don't need weapons.
It will auto heal, so as long as you don't die or no one kills you, you can pet grind for hours on end. I went 11 hours straight once while I was at work and all.

What level do I have to be to go to the brachium/cornus, also where are they?
Will a +4 set of forcium be enough for an FA to survive there overnight?

SilverIceForum
02-15-2011, 11:54 PM
Here's what ya need to do and use:
Level Booster from CS
30day BB+
Pet BB
Pet EXP Rune
Exp Rune
Party Exp Rune
Be in partys for bounes
Do all the CA's for your lvl cap
Party in PF as much as possible.
Pet Exp is based upon the % of exp that you gain. So, the more and faster you gain exp the more does your pet.
Also, now there's a new item where it allows you to boost two pets at once. Plus this would be nice for your skills you get from each pet.
Hope this helps

What is highlighted in red by me is wrong, pet exp is gained off each "Skill You Cast w/o missing on a mob"

Geesh, some noobs >_>

Sina
02-17-2011, 11:05 AM
in PF i tired it, i got 15% pet exp in 10 hours for a pet lvl 6

Dalton673538
02-18-2011, 07:21 AM
also if u go to ls3 at the beginning of it and there is a golem there just use magic arrow and stuff on it and u should do good

Drew
02-19-2011, 02:32 AM
PF

go to the brachium/ cornus area. At the warps there 1 lone brachium .

ur forgetting his sig says he's 11x, u know what that means

but u get the idea, choose ur own boss that u can easily vamp up on. Idea is to vamp and defend well so u'd just keep earning back ur damage even on auto attack. Then use weak skills for longevity (means ur boss wont die fast). Contrary to someone's post that it's based on exp, pet skilling is based on every skill cast. Your party can powerlevel u up (exp) but they can't level up your pet if u don't do the hitting urself. And no, dummies don't count.

I used this guild leader's suggestion a long time ago...i now have 2 sword and magic level 10 pets ^^

here's the screenie, i just removed names:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/2750/petgrind.jpg

find ur own comfort zone --- vamp (hp steal and hp absorb), and correct defense, and correct boss. I suggest, if u can, try the bosses in FgR...if they die fast find higher ones, entritas or something. oh if i may add, fa's need weak sword skills too. If it's sword class, use the lowest ones too, like blasts or something. Good luck.

PSBeardy
02-19-2011, 05:27 AM
nah you dont have to use opposite attacks, just remove all your buffs and amp stuff the idea is as long as your skillin pet if you do around 1k damage you get a reasonable amount of axp as well....I can sit in Cornus ring for days with my get up and skill pet/AP and even managed to accumulate some xp when my level is above 17x....win win

Drew
02-19-2011, 06:20 AM
i doubt he has room for amp stuff lol given all those gear/accessory he needs for vamping. nah don't remove all buffs. Retain those which will give u def rate, hp, and hp regen, specially for an FA. Any other buff which will make u strong, OB and mana, mattk, yea leave 'em out. The idea of the opposite skills is u can't seriously be doing so much dmg with them since ur opposite base attk or mattk is low. And to cast them u need the opposite weap too for auto attk (well, not in the case of the sword class, they don't need astral bow) at least for an FA. So ur assured too that u'd be wielding the least kind of sword and nothing devastating. Hence that'd lengthen ur sparring session with the boss^^too.

and i doubt he wants ap and (exp) leveling up; he specifically asks about pet skilling only. So there.

This overnight training is reminiscent of punching back in the old days, where we had to fully 'adept' ourselves and use the fists lol. Cuz like pet skilling, skill rank was also based on hits. The more u can squezze out of a mob, the longer, the better.

Valdoroth
02-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Easy fix for any class in PF is a cheap set of noobish +6 or so forcium and auto hp heal items (amulet and earrings) with some vamp. Having alot of vamp is pointless since you'll only be hitting like up to 200, and having like 10% steal% is only 20 hp.

PSBeardy
02-19-2011, 09:43 AM
i doubt he has room for amp stuff lol given all those gear/accessory he needs for vamping. nah don't remove all buffs. Retain those which will give u def rate, hp, and hp regen, specially for an FA. Any other buff which will make u strong, OB and mana, mattk, yea leave 'em out. The idea of the opposite skills is u can't seriously be doing so much dmg with them since ur opposite base attk or mattk is low. And to cast them u need the opposite weap too for auto attk (well, not in the case of the sword class, they don't need astral bow) at least for an FA. So ur assured too that u'd be wielding the least kind of sword and nothing devastating. Hence that'd lengthen ur sparring session with the boss^^too.

and i doubt he wants ap and (exp) leveling up; he specifically asks about pet skilling only. So there.

This overnight training is reminiscent of punching back in the old days, where we had to fully 'adept' ourselves and use the fists lol. Cuz like pet skilling, skill rank was also based on hits. The more u can squezze out of a mob, the longer, the better.

I was pointing out the side benefits as well...Also do not use opposite skills, use your class skills but the fastest nubbiest you have, will be faster ie.. pet levels faster then the other way around...