PDA

View Full Version : CD% or M.Attack

Xillusion
02-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Reading on the EU forums and read a post that had me a little confused about CD% and M.Attack.:confused:

IF I add 1 M.Attack it comes out to 10 CD
then if I add 10 M.Attack, which comes out to 100 CD.

Would it be better to add M.Attack on gear then CD on gear?:confused:

Mat
02-14-2011, 10:02 PM
no...ur wrong lol

its not 1 to 10...not even close

Drew
02-14-2011, 11:32 PM
rough estimates

7% m/amp = 15% cd = 75 m/attk

1 m/amp = 2.14 cd = 10.714 m/attk

0.5 m/amp = 1 cd = 5 m/attk

0.1 m/amp = 0.2 cd = 1 m/attk

ur pet slots are ur best clue to the rough equivalence^^

ThorIsHere
02-18-2011, 05:07 AM
how much Critical Damage , amp , m.attack you need depends on your stats , so you can use this program and see which boosts the damage best with your stats

- Damage Calculator : By LastHour
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?t=137555

Spur
02-18-2011, 08:11 AM
rough estimates

ur pet slots are ur best clue to the rough equivalence^^

those rough estimates are soo off

RawRz
02-18-2011, 08:16 AM
o.o how can 7 amp be close to 75 atkk wut ?

Muramasa
02-18-2011, 08:17 AM
i would like 2 know!

Drew
02-18-2011, 02:13 PM
how much Critical Damage , amp , m.attack you need depends on your stats , so you can use this program and see which boosts the damage best with your stats

- Damage Calculator : By LastHour
http://forum.cabalonline.com/showthread.php?t=137555

yea working on the assumption that u have more than 1k base m/attk, hence those ball-park figures

Spur
02-18-2011, 07:40 PM
yea working on the assumption that u have more than 1k base m/attk, hence those ball-park figures

lol in order for 1amp to equal 10matk u need at least 2000matk base

Drew
02-18-2011, 08:36 PM
that'd be 20 m/attk

Spur
02-18-2011, 09:21 PM
that'd be 20 m/attk

yep its time for u to learn how amp and matk works

Drew
02-18-2011, 10:35 PM
maybe i shoulda rephrased my response...

that'd be 20 m/attk

yep...

so r u concurring? what? lol

chainlock
02-18-2011, 11:52 PM
that'd be 20 m/attk

You should stop before you dig too deep.

Drew
02-19-2011, 12:02 AM
You should stop before you dig too deep.

lol spoken like a true mafiosi lol

Spur
02-19-2011, 08:47 AM
so r u concurring? what? lol

lol are u trying to be like matri? quoting part of a sentence and looking stupid?
1amp of 2000 matk = 20matk
10base matk > 20matk
do ure math

Drew
02-19-2011, 11:42 AM
lol are u trying to be like matri? quoting part of a sentence and looking stupid?
1amp of 2000 matk = 20matk
10base matk > 20matk
do ure math

i did

wo woh, hold on...

i did say this

1amp = 10 m/attk (well roughly) at 1k m/attk

and then u said it takes 2k for 10:

to which I said, that's 20, and now u confirmed it?

1% of 1k = 10
1% of 2k = 20

it can't get any simpler arithmetic than that...so where are we not seeing eye to eye mr math geek? huh

and i didn't quote anything out of context. i just removed part of ur response which is haughty seeing as u are yet again trying to be 'know it all' without being helpful. I respect what u know and ur seniority but sometimes, really honestly, ur logic and sense amaze me...the opposite way. Any chance that's a sign of old age? lol

Rather than answer the op's q, which i'm trying to do, u come up with retorts that don't shed light on anything at all. Making u look like one of the member of the mafia urself lol. A syndicate which wanna keep every bit of information they have found out and discovered around here for themselves. And that in my book is lame and stupid...over a silly game lol.

and if i recall right...a distant time...think back in ogp, u were the one who said that any number multiplied with 0 is the number itself or something to that stupid effect, and when confronted with the basic flaw in premise, u just had to bail out with the safe word: sarcasm, u were being sarcastic lol. I hope ur not being sarcastic here either.

lol oh well Mr. math n.e.r.d., just try to stay focus ok

forumaccount
02-19-2011, 12:11 PM
Pretty sure at least 100 of my posts are correcting someone who is unaware of how damage is calculated, so here I go again.

1 amp = 1% of your magic = 10 magic attack power for every 1000 magic you have
1 magic = 1*(skill amp + gear amp) = likely an average of 2.35 magic attack power

I would really like to know how 1 amp is equivalent to 10 magic at 1000 base when 10 magic yields approximately 23.5 magic attack power and 1amp only yields 10.

makes u wonder what g.m's were thinking when he was voted one of the most helpful ppl on the forums for their bs contest huh?

EDIT: as for the avg that 1 magic gives for fa, that number shud go up considering fa have an extra 10% amp in skills, so the avg lance probably gives around 95% amp + 45-60 depending on the fa's gear (like amp orbs, amp rune, etc.), meaning 1 m.atk can equate to up to 2.5 magic power

Drew
02-19-2011, 12:17 PM
1 amp = 1% of your magic = 10 magic attack power for every 1000 magic you have
1 magic = 1*(skill amp + gear amp) = likely an average of 2.35 magic attack power

I would really like to know how 1 amp is equivalent to 10 magic at 1000 base when 10 magic yields approximately 23.5 magic attack power and 1amp only yields 10.

i have a feeling this is again a case of not seeing eye to eye on the terminologies...i just stayed on the bolded part of ur math...

i didn't make the distinction between magic per se and magic attack power. Not me to delve into the calculation aspect but i was just giving some numbers to go by. Whatever it is the percentage of ur base in ur first step of the dmg calc, that's what i was referring to.

And yea, the total damage calculation was incomplete in that sense, cuz u have to factor in all the relevant others.

makes u wonder what g.m's were thinking when he was voted one of the most helpful ppl on the forums for their bs contest huh?

cuz i dont go around stalking someone and finding fault lol...remember bladernub? lol

Drew
02-19-2011, 12:35 PM
lol kid just admit you don't know how to calculate damage. You said the exact same thing in every post for the last two pages and you want me to believe that you knew what you were talking about and chose not to mention it? You're wrong, you were wrong, and you still are wrong. That is why people correct you.

. Whatever it is the percentage of ur base in ur first step of the dmg calc, that's what i was referring to.
l

that. i did say it was incomplete.

Drew
02-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Yea after I told you what you did wrong. I lol'd

there was nothing i did wrong...

look at the screenie

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8236/dmgcalc.jpg

based on the yellow part of 2k and 1k s/m/attk base, the red portion has increment of 20 and 10, respectively for every 1% amp increase. Whatever u call the red partion , sword, magic, that's what i was referring to. If there's one thing i admit then, if that's what u wanna hear, is i got all my words confused. Ok so those factors aren't m/attk per se, but power...my bad. U can accuse me of anything but u can't say I don't admit it when there's an oversight on my part. So yeah after u pointed out the terminologies. Happy now? Case closed. Peace.

Drew
02-19-2011, 01:29 PM
Hurry up and delete your last 10+ posts then. It would be embarrassing if anyone read them after seeing this quote.

it wasn't embarassing as it was a sincere attempt at isolating the relationships of cd, amp, m/attk. And the total picture wasn't really obvious during then, as I said incomplete. But now u know what i was talking about. It was right on track. Wording, eh...

At least, i'm not resorting to the safe word...lol^^ and i try to impart the little that I know.

U should have told ur boss, Mat (if that isn't u urself), to have just given the right numbers (and/or words: m/attk power) right on the first bat, instead of just saying "way off..." lol...that'd save us all the 10 plus or so posts. That's the problem when u just wanna be a flamer and not help around here. If i were u, i won't emulate my boss^^ /end of

Drew
02-19-2011, 01:50 PM
I never said you were way off I said you were wrong and I told you exactly how the first time I posted in this thread. This response of yours makes absolutely no sense and any respect someone could have had for you was just lost when you mentioned that you think I am the same person as Matt.

and i didn't say u were the one who said "way off" I said it was mat:

no...ur wrong lol

its not 1 to 10...not even close

oh in hindsight i'm wrong again lol, Mat said "ur wrong"...well pretty much what u said lol...together with the countless of threads u seem to kiss his a.s.s., would u blame me for thinking he and you are the same person? And plus ur penchant for having the last word in any argument, lol, could u blame me?

kk, I acknowledged ur pointing out the wording and terminology here...so i guess i'll give u the last words lol I'm really out now. Peace (and i mean that, no hypocrisy here either lol ^^)

Spur
02-20-2011, 06:52 AM

i would not call that wrong terminology.

i did

wo woh, hold on...

i did say this

1% of 1k = 10
1% of 2k = 20

it can't get any simpler arithmetic than that...so where are we not seeing eye to eye mr math geek? huh

and i didn't quote anything out of context. i just removed part of ur response which is haughty seeing as u are yet again trying to be 'know it all' without being helpful. I respect what u know and ur seniority but sometimes, really honestly, ur logic and sense amaze me...the opposite way. Any chance that's a sign of old age? lol

Rather than answer the op's q, which i'm trying to do, u come up with retorts that don't shed light on anything at all. Making u look like one of the member of the mafia urself lol. A syndicate which wanna keep every bit of information they have found out and discovered around here for themselves. And that in my book is lame and stupid...over a silly game lol.

and if i recall right...a distant time...think back in ogp, u were the one who said that any number multiplied with 0 is the number itself or something to that stupid effect, and when confronted with the basic flaw in premise, u just had to bail out with the safe word: sarcasm, u were being sarcastic lol. I hope ur not being sarcastic here either.

and for all this bla bla bla im right and your wrong thats all i see

Vontar
03-05-2011, 08:39 AM

i would not call that wrong terminology.

and for all this bla bla bla im right and your wrong thats all i see
I will once again clarify the INTER-PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP OF AMP TO ATTK. USING THESE FORUMLAS ONE CAN BECOME A GOD! AMP 5%=ATTK40 ASSUMING YOU HAVE 931 ATTK!

Chris
03-05-2011, 05:36 PM
i did

wo woh, hold on...

i did say this

1% of 1k = 10
1% of 2k = 20

thats how much attack POWER you get, not how much attack

1 amp is not equal to 10 attack. ever. because the 10 attack will get multiplied by the amp in the gears and skills (just stone cannon alone over doubles that). end of the story is that 10 attk > 1 amp. amirite or amirite? imrite. bai

Chris
03-05-2011, 05:38 PM
there was nothing i did wrong...

look at the screenie

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8236/dmgcalc.jpg

based on the yellow part of 2k and 1k s/m/attk base, the red portion has increment of 20 and 10, respectively for every 1% amp increase. Whatever u call the red partion , sword, magic, that's what i was referring to. If there's one thing i admit then, if that's what u wanna hear, is i got all my words confused. Ok so those factors aren't m/attk per se, but power...my bad. U can accuse me of anything but u can't say I don't admit it when there's an oversight on my part. So yeah after u pointed out the terminologies. Happy now? Case closed. Peace.

i should have responded to this post instead of the other one, but anyways, the 20 is the attack POWER not the MAGIC ATTACK, theres a difference. take 1000 base and 1 amp, subtract the one amp and add 10 attk (1010), the damage output will be higher.