PDA

View Full Version : Is this a terrible weapon choice??

Dexodus
02-20-2011, 03:10 PM
Hey guys. I have just came back to my FA. I read up on them, and noticed that only forcium m amp is only allowed as weapons (unless they have extended lapis orbs).

Are my weapons really bad for FA? Or can they last me until I get better? For now I have

Topaz orb of DB 20 crit.dmg and 4 crit.rate +1 (going to + high)
Lapis orb 10 crit.dmg 16 m atk +6 (will switch no matter what later on, just using for now)

So are these orbs as bad for FA as phery from weak eod?? Also if they are :( then will IC1 Xtal/Orbs be good enough?

Ty for reading my questions.

Vontar
02-20-2011, 04:00 PM
IC1 orbs would be fine, for now though I'd get forcium 10 cd or more seeing as you can't afford amp yet. Also, the topaz orb is ok for NOW, the lapis needs to go right away, but both need to be replaced with forci/IC1 orbs (lycanus), or lapis CD (too overpriced in my opinion).

AyaMatsu
03-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Dex, don't know if you changed out your weapons yet, but to be honest, FA is a harder class to play; it's more challenging yet, in my opinion, more rewarding.

You're going to find it a little harder to be going toe-to-toe with other classes (esp if you're used to, say, BL or FS) without having very expensive equipments, and I'm unsure whether you're a mFA or a bFA so you're going to have to post your build/stats in order to make a more accurate assessment on the situation.

With that said, a FA (IMO, again) with same cost equipment will have a harder time performing as well as another class, meaning your skill as a player will increase. I personally find your weapons to be quite alright (again, depending on your level, I suppose?) and that you'll find your play a little bit more rewarding once you struggle, especially in war, until you can afford those nice orbs. Until I was using Forc Orbs I didn't even have crafted orbs, I used +6 Topaz 1-slot 10% CDI, which was pretty sad, but as an alt I didn't really have that much money to spend on it... and I was able to score top 5 each time in 130-149 war.

Then again, Lapis crafts were pretty rare back then so the metagame has most definately evolved since then...

Totally forgot to mention, yeah, you'll want those m.amp orbs. I got Forc just cause I like the way the bow looked...

MamaMiaYoe
03-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Dex, don't know if you changed out your weapons yet, but to be honest, FA is a harder class to play; it's more challenging yet, in my opinion, more rewarding.

You're going to find it a little harder to be going toe-to-toe with other classes .

a FA (IMO, again) with same cost equipment will have a harder time performing as well as another class, meaning your skill as a player will increase.

Agree.
Force Archer is one of the most challenging class to play, mainly because they lack the ability to tank. If we sum the FA's all around role in this game, they're made for support purposes - Range DPS'er , Buffs, Anti-root, and Heal. Thats the truth about this class.

I concur with your statement, I also do believe that those who started or had experience to play a class with very low defense like wiz and FA are more likely to become skilled players, receiving big damages, the struggle to survive, makes a player more extra vigilant in terms of player combat (PK). >.< PvE wise, Party grind/dungeon runs where were given the reponsiblity to support the party is also a skill, a good FA will keep his comrades alive at all cost, which means the player dont just look at his/her HP BAR, Im sad to say though that out of my observations, only a few FA can use of this support responsibility.

Force Archers have alot of advantage if we look at the bright side, and weve seen people prove that in pve and pvp so all Im saying in short were nearly all around if it just wasnt for stand up 123 pvp - But Boss Hunts, Some dungeon/grind solo's, nw (As dps'er in nation war, a FA can destroy and gain pts quicker or kill their target/s faster.) ...its all covered.

Xiju
03-13-2011, 12:44 PM
Go for forc orbs

joeynpj
03-14-2011, 08:38 AM
(lvl 144) i use 2 lapis db 4 rate, full forc gear, merg ring, 1 rol+1, 2 cr+1, vamp ammy, 2 bos+2 slotted amp, 1 vamp +3 earring, and forc regen +3 earring, eog+7, and bog+2. i have no problems pve or pvp. party or no party. u just have to be really skilled to master they healing part. which in other words do go buy someone elses fa and start playing ur not gonna know how to run it lol. start ur own and lvl up honestly the best way to master the party heal.

AyaMatsu
03-14-2011, 09:36 PM
I come from an era where there was no account/char selling... o_O solo grinded in MF at 125 because I was an idiot... still did fine as a mFA, but had to combo. My FS solo'd MF on auto-attack on similar gear...

gary055
03-15-2011, 02:04 AM
FAs are really fun . You have a high survivability if you use heal timingly . A good FA checks constantly whether AoH is on . A lot of things about the FA are already confirmed above :) And if you're able to attack from afar, do so and use your range advantage . A lot of this is common sense but how many of us have it lol .

Most FAs use forcy amp orbs at least +7 to +9 . So your current orbs arent there to stay lol

PSBeardy
03-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Is true I started as a FA and then messed around a bit with a couple of different classes untill settled on FS, still miss the massive DPS....M amp orbs and xtals have really come down in price run IC1's and do some ft crafting....

MamaMiaYoe
03-18-2011, 08:56 AM
(lvl 144) i use 2 lapis db 4 rate, full forc gear, merg ring, 1 rol+1, 2 cr+1, vamp ammy, 2 bos+2 slotted amp, 1 vamp +3 earring, and forc regen +3 earring, eog+7, and bog+2. i have no problems pve or pvp. party or no party. u just have to be really skilled to master they healing part. which in other words do go buy someone elses fa and start playing ur not gonna know how to run it lol. start ur own and lvl up honestly the best way to master the party heal.
Im convinced with PvE but PvP with this kind of setting, I doubt you never had problems in pvp