PDA

View Full Version : Loan Bank / Interests in Warehouse

HadySoliman
02-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Alright so, My first suggestion is about Loan banks, Everyday we put stuff on Agent shop to be sold, well where does the NPC fee go to? I think the GM team should make a Loan bank beside the Agent shop in Bloody ice, The Max amount is up to them..

Alright so, my second suggestion is about the Interests in warehouse, I think everytime we put our alz in Warehouse, GM's should give us interest on that alz maybe 5% a month?

AyaMatsu
02-24-2011, 04:56 PM
Alz inflation was already insane, this would completely destroy the economy as you're substantially adding that much more alz to the pool.

Unfortunately.

Sellingthings
02-24-2011, 06:32 PM
I LOVED THIS IDEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ban u if u cant pay back the alz. or pay cash for the interest......

Drew
02-24-2011, 06:53 PM
this is actually a good idea...

or term purchase of the high ticket items, say, 7, 15, 30 days to pay with interest. If u can't pay, item will be lost or glitched back to the owner or to est.

BamOwnage
02-24-2011, 07:15 PM
It's a bad idea because we got an inflation of alz, because of alz buyers. What we need to do is get rid of the excess alz this game is suppose to take forever instead it is so much easier...A LOT EASIER than other MMOs

Drew
02-24-2011, 10:38 PM
what can i say, i'm basically keynesian in my view...

we can all go on and on with any discussion on sound economic principle but one thing is
certain: if the government (EST in this micro economic sense) would allow excessive printing
of money and smuggling (alz buying) without the production (crafting and drop rate) to back it up,
we will be trapped in an everlasting state of hyperinflation.

So in a nutshell, yeah, get rid of the excessive alz supply (I agree), then perk up the production (raw materials and drops, crafting, etc.) and then exercise monetary policy and price controls, 'cuz the moment someone decides to be greedy in his (rarely) 'market-dictated' pricing, and people don't have the resources to buy them, they will just resort to artificial sources --- alz glitching and buying. If however, they have the means to acquire assets via installment (hence, the loan, and term purchase suggestions), coupled with sound and fair pricing scheme, I don't see the reason for people to be still buying alz...unless they're super lazy as what all these character transfers and lack of price control seem to be leading the general mindset to...a culture of shortcut.

But what can I say too, EST as in other MMO's, is more Friedman and Smith in their approach, lol, and thus subscribes more to "invisible hand". I still say a little bit of government intervention is in order.

Dalton673538
02-25-2011, 07:20 AM
i like the idea of having interests in the storage warehouse

BamOwnage
02-25-2011, 07:45 PM
then perk up the production (raw materials and drops, crafting, etc.)

That isn't the case then we'll have an inflation of items. I understand about the lower success rate of upgrading items, dropping of items, and etc. It was meant to be farmed; if we had a higher player base I guarantee you a lot more epic items and more demand items will be in AH and it will be running smoothly. It explains the low crafting rate because so people won't get bored easily, instead people are frustrated that you gain a small percentage of crafting exp. So stop complaining and start farming I know worse games that have it a lot worse....lulz runescape

Valdoroth
01-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Actually, I played a game that had a "world bank" and ppl could put money into that bank. The more that was in that bank, the less value the constant interest was. I think it started at like 5%, but by the time ppl had 300b+ in it the interest was only around 1.65%. Now you could pull money out of it, but the more you took out, the higher your payback interest was. It wasn't on a day by day, but constant basis. The starting interest rate for loans was like 20%.

If Cabal had something like this, you could earn alz at a daily constant (like the alz given to Guild Bank), or the opposite, a deduction from your inventory or wharehouse, whichever had the required interest amount.

Valdoroth
02-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Actually, I played a game that had a "world bank" and ppl could put money into that bank. The more that was in that bank, the less value the constant interest was. I think it started at like 5%, but by the time ppl had 300b+ in it the interest was only around 1.65%. Now you could pull money out of it, but the more you took out, the higher your payback interest was. It wasn't on a day by day, but constant basis. The starting interest rate for loans was like 20%.

If Cabal had something like this, you could earn alz at a daily constant (like the alz given to Guild Bank), or the opposite, a deduction from your inventory or wharehouse, whichever had the required interest amount.
I still think this idea (the quoted one) is pretty nice. :D

Simply change the constant compound to a daily or weekly one. It's a way to get back your AH taxes, all the crafting lvl up expenses, and all your potions. Though maybe 5% is too high to start with for cabal. It's not too hard for someone to be able to deposit 300m. Or if it's based not on a total of all ppl that put into it, but individually, then it may work out significantly more streamlined.

whitetrash
02-05-2013, 08:43 AM
Great idea *puts 5 bill in storage* plays Tera for a year ill be rich if I ever come back :)

Valdoroth
02-08-2013, 08:00 PM
Great idea *puts 5 bill in storage* plays Tera for a year ill be rich if I ever come back :) Except that at 5b your interest rate would be like 0.005% and compounding would slowly decrease it to almost 0%. Or perhaps have a limit.

whitetrash
02-09-2013, 08:17 AM
Except that at 5b your interest rate would be like 0.005% and compounding would slowly decrease it to almost 0%. Or perhaps have a limit.
You act like its hard to make alt accounts to distribute it accordingly for highest interest hence being a bad idea

Sea
02-09-2013, 08:25 AM
lol some1 in my guild said something about a "Rent to own" option..... lol wouldnt be bad tho =p

Valdoroth
02-10-2013, 08:51 AM
You act like its hard to make alt accounts to distribute it accordingly for highest interest hence being a bad ideaThen that's where if it was on a total in the bank.

truely false
02-10-2013, 02:45 PM
You all are naive if you believe having a loan bank ingame will work. This so called loan bank could easily be exploited by players for example:
player1 takes out a loan then transfers the alz in a transaction 500M for a return stone from player2. Player1 now deletes his account and never pays the loan back.
This example only shows 500M ripe off it could easily be a billion or more because you all know there are greedy player out there.

Sea
02-10-2013, 02:49 PM
You all are naive if you believe having a loan bank ingame will work. This so called loan bank could easily be exploited by players for example:
player1 takes out a loan then transfers the alz in a transaction 500M for a return stone from player2. Player1 now deletes his account and never pays the loan back.
This example only shows 500M ripe off it could easily be a billion or more because you all know there are greedy player out there.

+1 but i guess GMs will set up "regulations/rules"idk
but if they dont then i guess there are gonna be lots of DKs out there lol

Valdoroth
02-17-2013, 02:23 AM
Level Requirement minimums to deposit/ withdrawal, as well as lvl limit restrictions.

But yea it'd still be a little too difficult.