PDA

View Full Version : Breaking aod

Deathlymonkey
03-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Ok, just a quick question about breaking aod...when you guys do it, is the dmg you do on the FS your full dmg? Or is it lowered a little? Cuz i can only seem to hit for 500-800 when i break it, just wondering if my damage is still too low or if its normal.

chainlock
03-03-2011, 11:30 AM
AoD just acts as more defense, so when you break it the attack/amp/cd you have will make it vary on the damage you do.

iGotTheMagic
03-03-2011, 05:45 PM
Depends on the level on the FS if it's 140-169 ish then yea it sounds about right, if 170+ it may be lower, and if they are in full armor gear. Some FS are in battle gear which makes you hit a little harder when you break AoD.

Mat
03-03-2011, 05:54 PM
lol wtf kinda question is this? full dmg? yeah, the dmg i hit on an fs with 1k def is the same when he has 3k def? someones derping

you don't "break" aod, you just get enough damage to counter that extra 2k defense they get....

DivineWrath
03-04-2011, 12:15 AM
yea once you get past the extra defense then you will see your dmg increase. you could start off getting only 50-100 dmg on an FS in aod

Deathlymonkey
03-04-2011, 06:39 AM
Hmmm kk thanks for the answers guys

Snakeyes
03-04-2011, 07:10 AM
does aod break or just duration ends?

Deathlymonkey
03-04-2011, 07:11 AM
No, the buff itself is still there, but you can hit the FS for more than 12s

Mat
03-04-2011, 07:17 AM
No, the buff itself is still there, but you can hit the FS for more than 12s

aod is just a buff that adds defense and prevents the user from moving, its not like SS where you "break" it, you only gain enough damage output to do more than 1's is all

juji550
03-04-2011, 08:41 AM
jesus, you guys are making this all dam difficult. AOD adds a shiitload of extra defense for a certain period of time. Your HP DOWN from your skills will still do the same effect in either aod or not. Thats right, hp down skills (before any of you guys think you're god doing crazy dmg on a fs in aod). When the duration of AOD is gone, THEN it will go back to NORMAL defense. It's not like shadow shield where you break it with a couple shots.

megablast1
03-04-2011, 09:03 AM
i got a lvl 145 fs and when i go aod in ch 20 5 lvl 170-176 characters started attackn me but none of em does over 1 damage per hit only when my aod runs out they do damage

Spur
03-04-2011, 10:06 AM
i got a lvl 145 fs and when i go aod in ch 20 5 lvl 170-176 characters started attackn me but none of em does over 1 damage per hit only when my aod runs out they do damage

thats cause their atk/amp fail. rate/cd based players takes more work to go thru aod

ZEPR0
03-04-2011, 10:35 AM
In short no one can break AOD

juji550
03-04-2011, 10:47 AM
I know many people who've ripped through aod.

Snakeyes
03-04-2011, 10:56 AM
no i dont think any1 can break aod its just that buff just runs out . aod adds 2k def so if some1 has 1k defense and on top of dat use aod dats like 3k def u gotta break .... which is impossible, unless u got proof its not possible to break aod ... people just fail to realize that aod's duration is over, and they think they broke through aod hahaha lol at the liers ...

Spur
03-04-2011, 11:29 AM
no i dont think any1 can break aod its just that buff just runs out . aod adds 2k def so if some1 has 1k defense and on top of dat use aod dats like 3k def u gotta break .... which is impossible, unless u got proof its not possible to break aod ... people just fail to realize that aod's duration is over, and they think they broke through aod hahaha lol at the liers ...

lol u can see if u "break" thru aod if they die b4 it runs out

Mrshoveit
03-04-2011, 11:36 AM
lol of course u can think u broke through aod just b4 that person dies he buffs aod

Deathlymonkey
03-04-2011, 11:57 AM

lol youre funny, it IS possible to break through aod, a lot of people have done it before

Xiju
03-04-2011, 12:14 PM
hey anyone remember wula getting 1 shotted when he was in bm2 aura aod?

Mat
03-04-2011, 12:28 PM
lol youre funny, it IS possible to break through aod, a lot of people have done it before

breaking aod is essentially breaking through someones super high defense...its easy for me to break through aod with most noob fs's...non bm and most of the time no short required...thats because of my high dmg, the reason others cant break it is because they got like 1020 mag atk and 40 amp with low CD or something.you just need to be at that damage threshold

Tidebringer
03-04-2011, 12:36 PM
The best way to break AOD is a blader using AOF.

ForumHavoc
03-04-2011, 12:44 PM
God you people are retarded. You never get "full damage"(WTF?). IF YOU HIT A NIG 800 WHILE HE AODS YOU'LL PROBABLY BE HITTING LIKE 2K IF HE WASN'T IN AOD OR HOWEVER THE CALCULATIONS ARE. THE ONLY THING IS TO GET "THE BEST DMG WHILE HITTING AOD" REQUIRES HIGH BASE AND/OR AMP. GET IT?

AOD IS JUST BASE AND AMP VS. DEFENSE. The only way i can explain it, is if your crits and non crits are different when hitting AoD you have "Countered" the huge defense whether you hit 30 or 900. Maybe i just sound retarded. iunno.

elviento
03-04-2011, 12:55 PM
well use hp down attacks...that how is more effective.

Deathlymonkey
03-04-2011, 01:58 PM
well use hp down attacks...that how is more effective.

I have to disagree with that...im not on my comp right now, so i cant use the exact numbers, but lets say your EDC(wizzy section, hehe) has 150 hp down, when you dont "break" aod (Quotation marks so that matri understands that ik you dont break aod, but pierce the defense. Im gonna use this word cuz its pretty simple to understand.), all the FS has to do is use an hp pot and thats it, he countered the hp down. Breaking aod lets you deal damage PLUS the hp down from skills.

Divinehonor
03-04-2011, 10:26 PM
If your an FS and you cant kill another FS in AoD, your doing it wrong.
If your an FS in AoD and you die, your doing it wrong.
If your in AoD and MB and you die before you kill your opponent, your doing it wrong.

elviento
03-04-2011, 10:53 PM
I have to disagree with that...im not on my comp right now, so i cant use the exact numbers, but lets say your EDC(wizzy section, hehe) has 150 hp down, when you dont "break" aod (Quotation marks so that matri understands that ik you dont break aod, but pierce the defense. Im gonna use this word cuz its pretty simple to understand.), all the FS has to do is use an hp pot and thats it, he countered the hp down. Breaking aod lets you deal damage PLUS the hp down from skills.

im talking about FBs....i do hp down cpombo and brake it.

plzbuffme
03-05-2011, 02:38 AM
how to break aod?

ask rockstar

forumpost
03-06-2011, 02:08 PM
lol wtf kinda question is this? full dmg? yeah, the dmg i hit on an fs with 1k def is the same when he has 3k def? someones derping

you don't "break" aod, you just get enough damage to counter that extra 2k defense they get....

+1

MamaMiaYoe
03-08-2011, 02:42 PM

AoD can break. My FA can break it fast if I go all out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxyeT6276u8