PDA

View Full Version : Class Evolution System (Explainations/Details) (Great Idea/MUST READ)

Killermitul
04-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Well Personally I Believe we need something completely fresh in the CABAL Online universe. If you've noticed once you reach a certain level the game starts getting overplayed and boring. You run out of things to do and dungeons stop getting fun. So I think CABAL should get a class evolution system. Here's how it would work:

Warriors ------> (At a Certain Level would have to go through a quest that would change their class into a Force Knight [random class name]. This Class would contain some of the beloved skills of a warrior as well as some new skills that improve on the old ones by enchanting each attack with Force. Some new skills could be added but it would keep the basis of a warrior but with a new class name, altered skills (new dmg rates) and a few other things like altered BMs.)

Force Archers ------> Force Gunner (Suggestions?)
Force Shielder ------> Force Guardian
Wizard ----> Archmage (Force Archmage?/Suggestions?)
Force Blader ----> Force Paladin (Couldn't Think of name/Suggestions?)
Blader ----> ????? (Suggestions?)

The system would work out like a normal quest. You would talk to your officer. He would than send you to a dungeon where let's say you fight yourself. You would fight a mirror of yourself who's wearing all SigMetal (or any high-grade armor). You would have to defeat him and pick up an Evolution Key. With the key you would open the door to another level of the dungeon where you would have to fight a mirror of your officer. After defeating him you would gain your Class Key. You would bring the Class key to your officer and he would offer to teach you something (Evolve your Class) that can help strengthen you above your limits. You would in turn evolve to your next class. You would lose all of your abilities except BM1. When you unlock one of your new classes' skill you would unlock a powerful version of it (to balance gameplay when your PVPing a lower level).

I can explain more if you guys like this idea. But If not I don't want to write it all out and waste time.

(Small FAQ)
Q: Would you start from Lv. 1?
A: ESTSoft can decide. Either Raise the Level Cap or you would start at Lv. 100 or Lv. 1 again?
-
Q: What Level Can you Evolve?
A: Another ESTSoft decision
-
Q: Besides altered skills, BM, and a new class name what else do you get?
A: Well to start off: Maybe New Armor, Weapons, etc. Also new abilities to unlock, new buffs, and new skill animations?
-
Q: This seems like a lot of work for ESTSoft right?
A: Well by doing this you are adding new ways to keep players addicted to the game without getting bored easier by adding a goal one can try and achieve. You can also add Cash Items based on this Idea like an "EVO-X Ticket" (Random Name) that can let's say change your current armor to an Evolution Set Armor. (For Example: Osmium ---> Evo-Osmium w/ new stats)

Eternal Darknes
04-24-2010, 02:02 PM
/maplestory. Although I do think the icon in the corner should change over the course of level 1-170 instead of being a dull little bow forever.

LastHour
04-24-2010, 03:49 PM
+1 only if multiple paths can be chosen. I rather dislike the short amount of character customization in this game, it really detracts from rewarding people to work hard to find a truly deadly combination.

Ex: We're quite limited with 3 stat points that do not add much on top of the fact its pretty much pump all of one stat for every class. Would be more interesting to have an HP stat as some games do [with some reworks to the current system obviously] and so forth so that players will actually have to think instead of pumping 900+ int, str or dex.

By means of your system it could be for wizard a class with higher hp but lowered magic or a class with higher magic but lower HP and so forth. Things that allow customization and depth in a game instead of this mindless go pump 900 x stat and get amp suit/boot/glove then pwn.

Killermitul
04-25-2010, 07:53 AM
i agree with you LastHour. A lot of the freedom in CABAL characters are limited and maybe by adding this system you can increase that. Not that you have to evolve but maybe this can flip you character's stats over. Like you said maybe the evolution of a wizard could be a class with higher HP and lowered MP. I know that does change the meaning of the wizard but technically it's not a wizard anymore, it's the evolution of it.

LastHour
04-25-2010, 10:31 AM
i agree with you LastHour. A lot of the freedom in CABAL characters are limited and maybe by adding this system you can increase that. Not that you have to evolve but maybe this can flip you character's stats over. Like you said maybe the evolution of a wizard could be a class with higher HP and lowered MP. I know that does change the meaning of the wizard but technically it's not a wizard anymore, it's the evolution of it.

Well what I meant by that is the common path choice for many spell casting classes in other mmorpgs, a more defensive/supportive role vs a all out destruction type thats a "glass cannon" [all power, 0 defense]. Higher hp or defense could come by means of a mana shield for wizards who choose a more defensive role as an example, it can go many ways. Or as always people could simply remain in the normal state instead of advancing as a sub class.

Trouvo
04-26-2010, 06:56 AM
sounds almost like prestiging......i like the idea and agree that there should be multiple path choices, but i think when you evolve/prestige that you should still have the option to wear all of the pre-evolved armor and everything but there be an evolved set to be worked for after evolution in similar fashion as is now but again the evolved versions. i also think there should be more quests, after 120 it just seems to be grind grind grind....gets tiresome, tedious and dull. I want objectives, and more rewards even at high levels not just how fast can i level up and what can i kill.

+1 for the evolve idea

Killermitul
04-26-2010, 11:03 AM
Well Trouvo, That's what I meant. I mean you can still wear the pre-evolution armor but after you evolve there is something new to work for like an evolution armor set. Starting from Evo-Iron up to Forcium/SigMetal etc... With that being said new quests have to be added. This addition to the game can pretty much add a whole new chapter to the game and can be a major update MANY gamers would look forward too. With the right ADs CABAL would get many hits because of this new system.

SliverElixer
04-26-2010, 01:18 PM
as long as new skills go along the way i'll root for it.