PDA

View Full Version : Help on spotting a Bot/Hacker.

SethStrife
03-10-2011, 10:35 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but this is my common sense speaking, now then I have discovered the obvious of bots, Their names are gibberish (Ex: ahedxa) Though some bots have common sense name (Real Ex: MsSunShine). One way to spot these bots are to see,

1. Do they have a guild.

2. Do they respond to any talking like my so called bot test, (Ex of Bot Test: Ask if you are a bot directly or see if the so called bot talks).

3. The most obvious of all, is the bot attacking the whole map area horde without being at all close to them.

4. Able to walk through scenery/blocks making you unable to attack them as well as making them safe from ALL damage.

Recommended to use the 4 steps above or the obvious common sense we all have.
GM's (most likely sky) If this is posted in the wrong area tell me. This is used for those who have never heard of bots. I will list of what bots can do through my experience.

Using Skills While Stunned/Down: The name explains it self he may use many skills even if they are no where near the enemy.

Death Immunity: If you decide you want to try and defeat this bot in PK Mode be my guest the problem though is that you seem to have gotten rid of all the bots HP. He is still moving fighting and functioning, Just walk very far away from the bot or wait one minute. Once the message says "The PK with (place name here) has ended" Run back to the area he was at he will be gone and spawned in the town.

Have fun reporting, I will update this and report bots I have met first hand.

sn0wXz
03-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this but this is my common sense speaking, now then I have discovered the obvious of bots, Their names are gibberish (Ex: ahedxa) Though some bots have common sense name (Real Ex: MsSunShine). One way to spot these bots are to see,

1. Do they have a guild.

2. Do they respond to any talking like my so called bot test, (Ex of Bot Test: Ask if you are a bot directly or see if the so called bot talks).

3. The most obvious of all, is the bot attacking the whole map area horde without being at all close to them.

4. Able to walk through scenery/blocks making you unable to attack them as well as making them safe from ALL damage.

Recommended to use the 4 steps above or the obvious common sense we all have.
GM's (most likely sky) If this is posted in the wrong area tell me. This is used for those who have never heard of bots. I will list of what bots can do through my experience.

Auto Miss: Your character will 100% chance miss the bot no matter how accurate the attack.

Auto Knock Back Recover: After knocking down this bot he will regain balance immediately.

Using Skills While Stunned/Down: The name explains it self he may use many skills even if they are no where near the enemy.

Death Immunity: If you decide you want to try and defeat this bot in PK Mode be my guest the problem though is that you seem to have gotten rid of all the bots HP. He is still moving fighting and functioning, Just walk very far away from the bot or wait one minute. Once the message says "The PK with (place name here) has ended" Run back to the area he was at he will be gone and spawned in the town.

Have fun reporting, I will update this and report bots I have met first hand.

Bots do not have immunity to attacks, or knockdown.
Bots can go through walls, objects ect.
Bots do have Undead Mode, meaning when all hp is lost, they are able to still move around and farm.
Bots have AoE modifications, making skills that affect a certain area are increased to affect larger areas such as whole maps.

megablast1
03-11-2011, 04:14 AM
sum bots after u kill em like 800 times, they come bak and attak u

SethStrife
03-11-2011, 09:51 AM
sum bots after u kill em like 800 times, they come bak and attak u

Actually the user of the bot has stopped being afk and either has looked at his event log to the right, or has seen you kill him and wants "revenge" you could say.

[GM] Sky
03-13-2011, 10:21 PM
Hello, this is CABAL Support Team.

Thank You for your report.
We have investigated the account/s and the appropriate action has been taken.
Please continue reporting us any evidence or suspicions that you might have.
It really does help in keeping CABAL Online a cheat-free game for everyone to enjoy.

Regards,
CABAL Support Team