PDA

View Full Version : Confused About Wizards' Attack

Hilal
03-14-2011, 01:59 AM
Hi guys, my fellow players keep saying wizards have the best attack in game but when i compare their classes in the same lvl range i see nothing of that.
i'm a 124 wizard and my normal attack with most powerful spells does not exceed 2k and critical does not exceed 3.5 k, while other classes such as a blader in the same level has much more attack and critical damage that reaches at some time 10k.
How is that, i feel frustrated about my wizard. Have i been fooled about wizards and their legendary attack. Even the normal attack of other classes is much higher than mine.
Don't talk about dps cause they (the other classes) have the same casting and cooldown time more or less. Don't talk either about cannons or lances cause i think all classes can obtain them. What make us the wizards special, is it our horrible defense or hp.
Another thing to ask about, why i get about 30k experience for each skill at most while other classes get more than 130k.
By the way I have a db helmet 24 ctits +7, mergraph ring, 2 cr+1, 1 rol +1, db Phery orb 20 crits, labis orb 10 crits, mystic gloves of Amp 4% +3

gary055
03-14-2011, 02:40 AM
What's ur critical damage? What is your m.attack ? Wizards have the best magic attack power in cabal . People have better gear than you . Thats why they do more damage.

Hilal
03-14-2011, 03:06 AM
my critical damage is about 94 as far as i remember, critical rate 36 and my magic atk is about 700.

Deathlymonkey
03-14-2011, 03:37 AM
More base attack means more base WITHOUT orbs. It means you get more m.atk for every int you have.

And other classes get more exp per hit cuz their skills are different than yours. Try using cannons and you'll get good exp(less than 130k, but you can cast more skills during the casttime of other classes's skills.)

gary055
03-14-2011, 06:42 AM
Work on improving those stats . M.attk - 850 , Crit damage -120 , Crit rate -45+ . Get them as close to that as you can . You can solo EOD at your level . So try to farm the mergaheph ring which is a beast ring (15rate) . Wizards need as much rate as possible . You can get one free dungeon entry everyday at your level , however you'd need a party member because wizards are a support class . And what upgrades did you get for your wizard ? Did you do your rankups ?

Hilal
03-15-2011, 02:14 AM
My upgrades are all full, finished my rankup, and I have already collected the mergraph ring. It's easy for me to solo eod, but for sod, it's too tough while other classes has no problem with it.

Snakeyes
03-15-2011, 04:23 AM
first of all take away ur unnessary stats in str and dex and put em in int (use enuff str and dex stats to wear ur gear) and ul see a big difference when u have more than 120% cdi, try to get more crit rate . yo man get like a forcy +6 or above to grind if u can afford, fadeing and blinking away to replenish ur hp might make u die less .

Snakeyes
03-15-2011, 04:25 AM
if ur still having problems try leveling ur wiz to 170 or above .

Palomar
03-15-2011, 06:10 AM
Wiz in dungeons is all about positioning and vamp...especially when solo. Work on learning where to put yourself in SOD theres a method to it.

Spur
03-15-2011, 07:07 AM
well if your talking about exp per hit then wizzies are the lowest at all times. if your talking about exp per second then we might have the highest during bm2. in combo mode dont expect beating anyone lol

plzbuffme
03-15-2011, 08:04 AM
wiz have good average dps

you are not happy because they dont have good burst dmg (except in bm2)

Palomar
03-15-2011, 08:53 AM
BM1 + Legacy + Aura + Mana Condense Pots + Amp Pots + Trans Skill + Combo = WICKED Damage in T4 NW in 1v1-3 situations.

Granted I may be beating up 150's for all I know but *shrug* its a blast lol.

Wizzies are loads of fun and do nice dmg if you are geared right and know what you are doing. Not that I'm any good in 1-2-3-4 or freestyle PVP matches...thats not really "my thing" since my play time is so limited these days.

Spur
03-15-2011, 02:13 PM
if your talking about combo mode any dps a WI can do an FA will do better

Hilal
03-16-2011, 01:37 AM
Thank you all for your input, it enriched my knowledge somehow. But at end I concluded to that wizards are not more than a supporter class. Their dps cannot neutralize critical attacks of other class in pvps. If criticaled, they nailed. As for pve and dungeons, I think wizards are deprived from their dps advantage as they take long time for killing mobs and bosses (even with their A., G. Master and Trans skills) which means more damage they take and more time to finish a dungeon. What would your defense rate do when you got 3 hits or more from 8 mobs or more around you at a time. Well. some say you have blink and dash. Oh so i'll keep dashing and blinking to restore my hp while my clock runs out and hence won't finish my dungeon at time.
Please don't tell me the problem is in your stats or in your gear for your low normal and critical attack because I think the problem is in the skills itself. Their skills has just one hit with the whole dmg score while the skills of other class are divided into 3 to 8 hits which means (in my understanding) more normal attack and rocket critical damage.
By the way, may be i'm wrong in my views because i'm still new to the game as this wizard is my first class. May be i'm not acquainted to all secrets of the game. My input is based on my own experience with the class and my reviews of other classes' performance. I just want to have a good performance as other classes with same or similar gear and same or close level. Can this statement be right anyway?
Thanks again.

chainlock
03-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Other than stand still pvp, not many classes can do anything better than a good wiz.

Palomar
03-16-2011, 05:47 AM
if your talking about combo mode any dps a WI can do an FA will do better

Of course lol...I have a 106 FA in T2 that I move all my wiz gear over to from time to time. DPS on FA is ridiculous, but in combo mode full power I have a blast in NW even against FA's. But like I said they are most likely scrubs hahahah.