PDA

View Full Version : Helpful Key Bindings (Blader)

Chippa
03-16-2011, 08:32 AM
Please read the updated post.

Some key bindings were found from CABAL KR forum, and others were from my newly adapted style of playing. If you take time to digest this information, you will notice a positive change in your playing. Any type of feedback will be gladly received and applied.

Fade/Dash (Check Dash/Blink to cursor option)

Change the bindings for 1 and 2 to F and R respectively.
F used to be the Craft key. Assign J as the new Craft key.
In all four skill bars, keep Fade as 1 and Dash as 2.
While pressing the left button of the mouse and cursor pointed in the desired moving direction, press R to dash and F to fade.

This can be further applied to use the dash/180 fade technique, which makes us, bladers, even more versatile than already are.
To use this, hold/point the cursor and dash first. Then, while holding the left button, rotate the mouse so your character's back faces the desired moving direction; fade, as soon as you come to this state.

Survivality (Stuns and HP potion)

Change the bindings for 0, -, and = to A, Q, and E respectively.
In all four skill bars, keep Vital Interfere (level 9 please) as 0, Force Kick (lv 9 also) as -, and Use HP potion as =.
VI and FK need to be spammed as much as possible.
When I start a stun-lock combo, I press 3 (combo start), Q (fk), A (vi), 4 (dt), A, 5 (ls), A, etc. This is better than reaching with your left hand to press the right-side keys when timing is vital during a combo. Do not forget to press E to use HP potions.

Mission War

Change the bindings for Alt + 1, Alt + 2, and R to T, Y, and B respectively.
T used to be the Quest key. Assign . as the new Quest key.
Y used to be the Mercenary key. Assign M as the new Mercenary Key.
M used to be the GPS key, but holding Tab does the same job.
In all four skill bars, keep Use Vital Gear (HP) as Alt +1 and Use Vital Gear (SP) as Alt +2.
When your health is low in war, you can run using R and (after 7 seconds of damage-freedom) heal fast by pressing T to use the hp pack.
When a force tower is damaged, press B near one to repair it, because R (former Repair button) is now used for Dash.

BM2 re-targeting

Change the binding for Alt + 5 to D. Assign ` (left of 1) as Select my character.
In the BM2 skill bar (F4 for me), keep Crushing Blow as Alt +5.
Fill the skill bar slots from 3 to 9 with these respectively: Normal Attack, Death Tempest (or Blade Scud if you lack DT), Intuition, the three shorts (AoF, IB, and FoF), and Instant Immunity.
To start re-targeting, go BM2, then repeat this sequence.
Left click a target, press 3 (normal attack), and press ` (select yourself).
Throw in some Vital Interfere during the cycle by pressing A to stun the target.
If your click feels laggy, maximize your mouse's double-click speed from your computer's Control Panel.
You be the judge of when to select yourself. Ideally, 1-claw re-target is the best and has the highest dps.
Press D to use crushing blow if need be.

I will try to upload some pictures and videos if those would help.
I sincerely hope this would be a great tip for all bladers.

Chippa
03-16-2011, 08:48 AM
bumpitty bump bump

cadacus_ater
03-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Uh...with the added quick bar we don't need over half of these shortcuts (at least I don't).

Also dash to cursor works wonders...but you don't need to completely rework your key binds for it.

Just figure out what is most comfortable for you and work with it. I have my own setup that may or may not work for the next person, just as the next person may have a setup that may or may not work for me.

Chippa
03-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Uh...with the added quick bar we don't need over half of these shenanigans

Also dash to cursor works wonders...but you don't need to completely rework your key binds for it

Just figure out what is most comfortable for you and work with it. I have my own setup that may or may not work for the next person, just as the next person may have a setup that may or may not work for me.

I find the extended quick slots cumbersome to use.

For me, they serve as cool-down checkers for shorts and bm/aura.

Also holding Alt with your left thumb and pressing a button requires more effort than pressing one button with a changed binding.

Using the right-side Alt key does not make sense.

Instead of being ambiguous, with what bindings do you work and are you comfortable. I would appreciate a more concrete input.

P.S. The word "shenanigans" has a negative connotation. I wish you had chosen a better word, such as "actions".

chainlock
03-16-2011, 04:40 PM
I changed the expanded slots to f1-f12.

cadacus_ater
03-16-2011, 05:57 PM
I find the extended quick slots cumbersome to use.

For me, they serve as cool-down checkers for shorts and bm/aura.

Also holding Alt with your left thumb and pressing a button requires more effort than pressing one button with a changed binding.

Using the right-side Alt key does not make sense.

Instead of being ambiguous, with what bindings do you work and are you comfortable. I would appreciate a more concrete input.

P.S. The word "shenanigans" has a negative connotation. I wish you had chosen a better word, such as "actions".

I appreciate the remark, I will edit my post. As for being slightly more concrete with my style, I will try to elaborate but be general at the same time.

I've become accustomed to using the first 5 number keys, along with alt + number, for everything, from combo and attacks to fade and dash, while the other numbers i use for buffs and bm stuff. It doesn't bother me anymore using my thumb with alt and my fingers for the numbers. Also I use middle mouse button to target self for retargeting purposes (additionally, I changed camera zoom to be on ctrl + mouse wheel up/down, so i wouldn't be constantly zooming in and out while retargeting). I also set target enemy player to F and put craft on Z for easier targeting in war (easier for me anyway).

Chippa
03-16-2011, 07:28 PM
I appreciate the remark, I will edit my post. As for being slightly more concrete with my style, I will try to elaborate but be general at the same time.

I've become accustomed to using the first 5 number keys, along with alt + number, for everything, from combo and attacks to fade and dash, while the other numbers i use for buffs and bm stuff. It doesn't bother me anymore using my thumb with alt and my fingers for the numbers. Also I use middle mouse button to target self for retargeting purposes (additionally, I changed camera zoom to be on ctrl + mouse wheel up/down, so i wouldn't be constantly zooming in and out while retargeting). I also set target enemy player to F and put craft on Z for easier targeting in war (easier for me anyway).

Thanks for sharing your style; this made me reconsider my current bindings and I switched some similar to your style, if you don't mind.

I couldn't find appropriate bindings for the shorts, so I resorted to using Alt + 1 to 5 (FoF, AoF, IB, II, and Int); these look promising. I was going to change W and S to be used for II and Int, but these buttons are too close to my force kick (Q), vital interfere (A), Use HP potion (E), and crushing blow (D).

No. 1 and 2 keys are back to normal and I have 1/assault and 2/twin-moon slash now.

Change the bindings for 8 and 9 to F and R respectively.
In all four skill bars, keep Fade as 8 and Dash as 9.

Mission War

Change the bindings for Alt + - and Alt + = to T and Y respectively.
In all four skill bars, keep Use Vital Gear (HP) as Alt + - and Use Vital Gear (SP) as Alt + =.
When your health is low in war, you can run using R and (after 7 seconds of damage-freedom) heal fast by pressing T to use the hp pack and Y for sp pack.

BM2 re-targeting

Change the binding for Alt + 6 to D. Assign ` (left of 1) as Select my character.
In the BM2 skill bar (F4 for me), keep Crushing Blow as Alt + 6.
Fill the first four slots respectively: 1/assault, 2/blade scud, 3/normal attack (important), and 4/death tempest.

Chippa
03-17-2011, 07:39 AM
Some key bindings were found from CABAL KR forum, and others were from my newly adapted style of playing. If you take time to digest this information, you will notice a positive change in your playing. Any type of feedback will be gladly received and applied.

Change the bindings for 1 and 2 to F and R respectively.
In all four skill bars, keep Fade as 1 and Dash as 2.
While pressing the left button of the mouse and cursor pointed in the desired moving direction, press R to dash and F to fade.

This can be further applied to use the dash/180 fade technique, which makes us, bladers, even more versatile than already are.
To use this, hold/point the cursor and dash first. Then, while holding the left button, rotate the mouse so your character's back faces the desired moving direction; fade, as soon as you come to this state.

Survivality (Stuns and HP potion)

Change the bindings for 0, -, and = to A, Q, and E respectively.
In all four skill bars, keep Vital Interfere (level 9 please) as 0, Force Kick (lv 9 also) as -, and Use HP potion as =.
When I start a stun-lock combo, I press 3 (combo start), Q (fk), A (vi), 4 (dt), A, 5 (ls), A, etc. This is better than reaching with your left hand to press the right-side keys when timing is vital during a combo. Do not forget to press E to use HP potions.

Mission War

Change the bindings for Alt + 1, Alt + 2, and R to T, Y, and B respectively.
In all four skill bars, keep Use Vital Gear (HP) as Alt +1 and Use Vital Gear (SP) as Alt +2.
When your health is low in war, you can run using R and (after 7 seconds of damage-freedom) heal fast by pressing T to use the hp pack.
When a force tower is damaged, press B near one to repair it, because R (former Repair button) is now used for Dash.

BM2 re-targeting

Change the binding for Alt + 5 to D. Assign ` (left of 1) as Select my character.
In the BM2 skill bar (F4 for me), keep Crushing Blow as Alt +5.
Fill the skill bar slots from 3 to 9 with these respectively: Normal Attack, Death Tempest (or Blade Scud if you lack DT), Intuition, the three shorts (AoF, IB, and FoF), and Instant Immunity.
Throw in some Vital Interfere during the cycle by pressing A to stun the target.
If your click feels laggy, maximize your mouse's double-click speed from your computer's Control Panel.
You be the judge of when to select yourself. Ideally, 1-claw re-target is the best and has the highest dps.

I will try to upload some pictures and videos if those would help.
I sincerely hope this would be a great tip for all bladers.

Here is an updated and more functional set-up.

Change the bindings for 8 and 9 to F and R respectively.
In all four skill bars, keep Fade as 8 and Dash as 9.

Survivality (Shorts, Stuns and HP potion)

Change the bindings for Alt + 4, Alt + 5, 0, -, and = to W, S, A, Q, and E respectively.
In all four skill bars, keep Vital Interfere (level 9 please) as 0, Force Kick (lv 9 also) as -, and Use HP potion as =. (So when you press A, you cast VI, Q, you cast FK, E you take an hp potion.)
In your primary (pve/bm1) and bm2 skill bars, keep Intuition as Alt + 4 and Instant Immunity as Alt + 5. (So when you press W, you cast Int and S, you cast II.)

Mission War

Change the bindings for Alt + -, Alt + =, and R to T, Y, and B respectively.
In all four skill bars, keep Use Vital Gear (HP) as Alt + - and Use Vital Gear (SP) as Alt + =.
When your health is low in war, you can run using R and (after 7 seconds of damage-freedom) heal fast by pressing T to use the hp pack and Y for sp pack.

BM2 re-targeting

Change the binding for Alt + 6 to D. Assign ` (left of 1) as Select my character.
In the BM2 skill bar (F4 for me), keep Crushing Blow as Alt + 6.
In your BM2 skill bar, fill the first four slots respectively: 1/assault, 2/blade scud, 3/normal attack (IMPORTANT), and 4/death tempest.
I stress 3/normal attack, because you can slide down your finger to E to heal. 4 might work too, but then you need to swap it with death tempest.

Chippa
03-17-2011, 08:33 AM
i agree with him ^

Do you notice you are the only troll here, as opposed to other threads where trolls stroll holding each other's hands? Fail troll is fail.
Keep trolling to get attention, while I keep soloing FT1's to improve my 1-claw re-target and get used to my awesome key bindings.

iSeeYou123
03-17-2011, 08:43 AM
Do you notice you are the only troll here, as opposed to other threads where trolls stroll holding each other's hands? Fail troll is fail.
Keep trolling to get attention, while I keep soloing FT1's to improve my 1-claw re-target and get used to my awesome key bindings.

+1

cadacus_ater
03-17-2011, 09:06 AM

I can 1-claw retarget o.o *nuzzles mouse wheel*

Though I still have days where I skip every now and then....

chainlock
03-17-2011, 11:40 AM
I can 1-claw retarget o.o *nuzzles mouse wheel*

Though I still have days where I skip every now and then....

I can't do it consistently still. It seems after every 5-6 clicks there's a delay in targetting the monster on the next click for me, unless I move my mouse around in tiny circles.

B>Mouse with turbo button. :)

cadacus_ater
03-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Sometimes I think it's due to hitboxes, like you aren't clicking on the hitbox of the monster when it moves; that seems like its one of the issues you can encounter. I haven't had it with the kind of frequency you're describing though, so i'm not sure if that is what you are having trouble with.

I could probably have a better mouse too. I'm using a rather cheap logitech usb mouse right now, it gets the job done ok, but a better mouse might yield better results.

chainlock
03-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Sometimes I think it's due to hitboxes, like you aren't clicking on the hitbox of the monster when it moves. Not sure, but sometimes that seems like its one of the issues you can encounter.

It might be, because it's only certain bosses I can't do it consistently on. A lot of the time I feel it's not worth it, I recorded videos today of me doing it to rota and I only killed it about 5 seconds faster than kick retargetting. That's pretty much the difference of a few crits.

cadacus_ater
03-17-2011, 03:31 PM
the title is called "helpful" key bindings. these are garbage you really should change that.

One man's 'garbage' is another man's treasure.
Find another thread to troll, you need to diversify.