03-21-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm not the only one o.O
http://forum.cabal.com/showthread.php?17954-Server-problems
Can a GM respond to this please? :D

Even a "Hi" would work :D

GM doesn't take good care of us!!! dam!!! i have the same problem... :(

DPS
03-21-2011, 08:03 PM
Unless they are looking into the problem and just not updating us on the situation o.O
or maybe not enough people are being affected by it to be a significant issue at the moment o.O
Getting a new IP address issued to you by your ISP would more then likely solve the problem. But then again USA IP's shouldn't even be blocked in the first place.
I don't know... Figure out how to play behind a proxy and you are set ^.~

sn0wXz
03-21-2011, 09:00 PM
hopefully you would have submitted help desk ticket with your ISP and location to get the ball rolling for your problem..., if your referring to roadrunner again (like scottsdc and frank mahas' threads) im not sure, but i know people who played fine without any problems, besides ip blocks which are placed; ultimately have no effect if a proxy server is used to force the connection. if your banned via subnet, or mac address or a domain has specific ranges banned, then you could have fell into that small %age affected when a ban is placed on a specific isp's domain. the chances are slim though, real slim because i doubt there was any wide spread range ban on roadrunner...

DPS
03-21-2011, 10:01 PM
I put in a ticket a 5 days ago, just getting a little restless. Even an automated reply or something would have been better then nothing lol

sn0wXz
03-21-2011, 10:48 PM
I put in a ticket a 5 days ago, just getting a little restless. Even an automated reply or something would have been better then nothing lol

well, often times GMs do read the ticket, even if it still says "ticket opened" that doesnt mean gm hasnt looked at it, but i agree automated response, or some details as to what could be restricting your connection would be desired. I get why you opened bug report hoping it would be faster then help desk, but given that its a rather generic problem, not affecting mass number of players there is probably priorities in terms of responding to one ticket before another; hopefully you can get it resolved.

Are you on roadrunner btw, and do you have router? anti virus, or firewalls? you said it happend since emergency mait, that could suggest a block/ip restriction but you cant really know for sure untill GM gets back to you. I know personally from my own experience that it does say "connection failed to server" when your ip is restricted.

i experienced that with global when trying to connect with NA ip, and with NA tryin to connect with my normal ip since i was ip restricted on my roadrunner modem.

DPS
03-22-2011, 04:47 AM
Yes I have road runner and a firewall and a router lol. I have Cabal as an exception in my firewall so that isn't the issue. It probably isn't on my end because, well, I did a little messing around and connected through a proxy and I got in just fine (don't ban me please lol). Everything points to an IP restriction/block but what would be the reason(s) for that?

sn0wXz
03-22-2011, 10:16 AM
Yes I have road runner and a firewall and a router lol. I have Cabal as an exception in my firewall so that isn't the issue. It probably isn't on my end because, well, I did a little messing around and connected through a proxy and I got in just fine (don't ban me please lol). Everything points to an IP restriction/block but what would be the reason(s) for that?

yea if you got in with proxy but not with roadrunner modem, then its probably ip restriction. i asked if you were on roadrunner because i am, and i was IP banned on the whole modem, i have to use router or proxy to play, i doubt they will ban you for using a proxy. as long as you didnt cheat or anything youll be fine.

DPS
03-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for your input snow it is much appreciated.

XFearMyBladeX
03-22-2011, 10:36 AM
i was having this server problem or w/e the whole freaking day.servers were fine cuz ppl in my guild and budy list were switching channels,i wasnt lagging or had any kind of internet connection problem or anything x.x i had to click "select server" every time i wanted to switch channels
http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/9591/cabalver206110321233200.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/9591/cabalver206110321233200.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3983/cabalver206110321233300.jpg

DPS
03-22-2011, 10:46 AM
At least you can get in game, I can't get past log in screen lol

titans05
03-23-2011, 09:19 AM
Bumpy!!!

sn0wXz
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM
titans are you on roadrunner as well?

if you guys on road runner fall in 76.178.192.0 - 76.178.255.255 range, your probably going to get my banned message, aka failed to connect, lol.

titans05
03-23-2011, 01:53 PM
titans are you on roadrunner as well?

if you guys on road runner fall in 76.178.192.0 - 76.178.255.255 range, your probably going to get my banned message, aka failed to connect, lol.

i got time warner mang...is that ip add?

sn0wXz
03-23-2011, 02:02 PM
yes i was just telling you if you fall in 76.178.*.* range which is NY server i believe, then that might be a problem for you.

titans05
03-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Unless they are looking into the problem and just not updating us on the situation o.O
or maybe not enough people are being affected by it to be a significant issue at the moment o.O
Getting a new IP address issued to you by your ISP would more then likely solve the problem. But then again USA IP's shouldn't even be blocked in the first place.
I don't know... Figure out how to play behind a proxy and you are set ^.~

how can i get a new IP address? or get a proxy? any help will be very much appreciated!!! \m/

titans05
03-23-2011, 02:38 PM
yes i was just telling you if you fall in 76.178.*.* range which is NY server i believe, then that might be a problem for you.

so how can it be solved? like get a new IP? or use a proxy?

sn0wXz
03-23-2011, 02:41 PM
so how can it be solved? like get a new IP? or use a proxy?

no wait for GM to help u with help desk or in the thread i guess, proxy work, but you would be pretty unlucky to fall in 76.178 range, is that your first two numbers in your ip? i asked because that would mean IF there was range ban on this ip im using, it would affect your roadrunner only if you were in the same ip range as me example : ip started with 76.178.x.x

titans05
03-23-2011, 02:47 PM
no wait for GM to help u with help desk or in the thread i guess, proxy work, but you would be pretty unlucky to fall in 76.178 range, is that your first two numbers in your ip? i asked because that would mean IF there was range ban on this ip im using, it would affect your roadrunner only if you were in the same ip range as me example : ip started with 76.178.x.x

i got IP: 192.168.x.x..no GM reply yet..dam..been 1 week not playing cabal..x.x

sn0wXz
03-23-2011, 02:49 PM
dont post ur whole ip lol...just first two ocelots, and that looks like a IP of router not your roadrunner modem; if thas your roadrunner ip shouldnt be related to ip range ban around that mait time. so id just keep trying to figure out what GM can do to un-restrict your access.

titans05
03-23-2011, 02:51 PM
oh..yea..I only rent in this house so I don't know what is the modems IP..anyway, can you play cabal atm? any solutions you made?

sn0wXz
03-23-2011, 02:52 PM
oh..yea..I only rent in this house so I don't know what is the modems IP..anyway, can you play cabal atm? any solutions you made?

yea there is proxy servers, and can redirect the connection for cabal through that instead of your modem ip. also i switched subnets, and used macshift to generate new mac address. those 3, well probably proxy alone would allow you access to play cabal again right off, but the problem is if you didnt do anything wrong i would still pursue gm support to resolve your issue.

also you say you dont own the modem or watnot, that suggests there is router feeding your internet from a modem somewheres else in another apt. ect... so yea most likely thats a router ip, and using macshift would reset the adapter momentarily while it shifts mac addresses, i wouldnt do that if its not your modem, but proxy would work fine and not cause any problems with anyone else, as its just on your pc, routing cabals connection through the proxy servers' ip and port instead of straight from your modem/router's ip.

titans05
03-23-2011, 02:55 PM
yea there is proxy servers, and can redirect the connection for cabal through that instead of your modem ip. also i switched subnets, and used macshift to generate new mac address. those 3, well probably proxy alone would allow you access to play cabal again right off, but the problem is if you didnt do anything wrong i would still pursue gm support to resolve your issue.

I have this problem since the last emergency m/a. I tried at my friends house and it works, I can play there..but here where I lived I cant play..dam! how can I obtain proxy servers? or any of the 3 solutions you said?

titans05
03-23-2011, 02:59 PM

also you say you dont own the modem or watnot, that suggests there is router feeding your internet from a modem somewheres else in another apt. ect... so yea most likely thats a router ip, and using macshift would reset the adapter momentarily while it shifts mac addresses, i wouldnt do that if its not your modem, but proxy would work fine and not cause any problems with anyone else, as its just on your pc, routing cabals connection through the proxy servers' ip and port instead of straight from your modem/router's ip.

I might try to get the proxy servers IP..but where can I get that one? any help will greatly appreciated! \m/

sn0wXz
03-23-2011, 03:00 PM
I have this problem since the last emergency m/a. I tried at my friends house and it works, I can play there..but here where I lived I cant play..dam! how can I obtain proxy servers? or any of the 3 solutions you said?

i can pm u details, its not illegal and still continue to pursue GM helpdesk to resolve your main IP restriction issue. Your using it for access to play the game because of a restriction on your IP server side, so i dont see any problem; once they fix the issue i would turn the proxy off and resume normal connection as desired.

one sec ill write the pm with the screenshots n stuff u need

titans05
03-23-2011, 03:03 PM
i can pm u details, its not illegal and still continue to pursue GM helpdesk to resolve your main IP restriction issue. Your using it for access to play the game because of a restriction on your IP server side, so i dont see any problem; once they fix the issue i would turn the proxy off and resume normal connection as desired.

one sec ill write the pm with the screenshots n stuff u need

tyvm for the help bro!! dam I cant wait to play again..idk why did it happened..anyway, much appreciated bro! \m/

Luly
03-24-2011, 01:19 PM
It worked fine for me until right now, same issue >.< My connecting bar is loading and then nothing happens, until yesterday i was able to play just fine.

sn0wXz
03-24-2011, 01:50 PM
It worked fine for me until right now, same issue >.< My connecting bar is loading and then nothing happens, until yesterday i was able to play just fine.

i pmd the details to luly as well after she submitted help desk ticket, so she can access the servers, and she will resume normal connection to server when GMs fix the problem.

[GM] DaisY
03-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Hello,
I do apologize for the incovnenience.
please let me know your character's name and server so I can help you.

Luly
03-24-2011, 03:05 PM
DaisY;203799']Hello,
I do apologize for the incovnenience.
please let me know your character's name and server so I can help you.

My character name is Lil_Luly, and i play in Mercury .
I never had these connecting server problems before , i even sent a ticket , hope you can help me , ty.

Luly
03-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Wow, im really impressed ty so much , its working now ty tyty <3