PDA

View Full Version : [ET's Guide] Battle or martial?

EterNity
04-02-2010, 05:29 PM
Here is a guide for becoming FA like EterNity in Venus.

Hope it helps!

[ET's Guide] Battle or martial? (http://eternitydia.blogspot.com/2009/04/battle-or-martial.html)

Feel free to leave your comment on my blog. I will answer any question you may have. Thank you.

SkyAlpha
04-02-2010, 08:51 PM
gj wit the only threads in this section o.o

GoughGhan
04-04-2010, 07:55 AM
For thos of you not wanting to go to another site....but if you ilke what you see, tell him

When it comes to gear choose, Force Archers have two major chooses - Battle Set and Martial Set.

This topic has been discuss over and over both in-game and on forum.

Players hold distinct opinions upon this issue and both sides have their own reasoning.

However, battle set is definitely the best and the only choose if you want to be a decent FA in cabal.

I was started up as a battle FA, switched to martial FA in my 150s, and switched back to battle.

I felt that battle set is better than martial set in many situations.

Of course personal experience is not enough to persuade people that battle is better than martial, I am going to present some numbers and the real situations in game to prove my point.

First of all, all of the numbers I provide in this article is based on my own calculations.

Few conditions as how I calculated all the numbers:

All the numbers are based on a level 170 FA.

All gears that to be compared are +7.

There is really no point to compare Osmium battle sets with Osmium martial sets since players who go for battle sets are usually using Teragrace set instead.

The maximum INTs:

TG slotted ------ 924 (from STR, DEX req. of 113, 227)
TG non-slotted - 946 (from STR, DEX req. of 106, 212)
OSM martial -- 1060 (from STR, DEX req. of 68,136)
Forcium -------- 801 (from STR, DEX req. of 154, 309)

* ---------------TG slotted ---- TG non-slotted ----- OSM martial ---- Forcium
* M.attack ------- 307.7 ------------315.0 -------------353 ---------- 266.7
* Defense -------- 501.6 ----------- 485.2 ------------ 439.3 -------- 657.9
* Defense Rate --- 717.4 ----------- 702.7 ------------ 778.2 ---------877.6

Note:

TG gear as using TG gloves, boots, and suit with an OSM helm
OSM martial gear as using all 4 pieces of martial gears
Forcium as using Forcium gloves, boots, and suit with an OSM helm
The INT calculation from minimum STR and DAX requirement is base on forcium orb slotted +7

Here is where the controversy started.

First question I am gonig to ask is...

Are you comfortable to give away 46 M.attack for extra 62.3 defense?

(by comparing TG slotted with OSM martial)

Your answer may be NO!

Second question I am going to ask is..

Are you willing to give away 86.3 M.attack for extra 218.6 defense and 109.4 defense rate?

(by comparing OSM martial with Forcium battle)

Your answer should be YES!!

When players discuss about battle and martial sets, they usually overlook several conditions.

That is:

Who are you talking about? (level)
What set of gear is to be considered in? (forcium, Teragrace, OSM battle, or OSM martial)
What's the purpose of comparing? (normal game play, grinding, NW, duel, or extreme hard dungeon)
The difficulty of getting gears. (price range, rareness)

As a level 170 FA, I prefer Forcium battle and TG battle over OSM martial.

Yes, forcium is way more harder to get compare to other kind of gear; however, a normal FA who train his/her way up to 150s should be able to get one from drop or trade.

High defense advantage:

Duel:

High defense may not make a difference in low level duel.

By high defense I mean 900+ defense as a FA.

(Forcium set 900-950, TG set 750-800, OSM martial set 700-750 est.)

I have heard many feedback that saying I have really high defense when I am dueling other players.

If the defense doesn't make a difference, those experienced players won't give me that kind of comments.

High defense does make a difference in duel/pk/pvp!

Grinding:

I know some players could have mastered their stun-lock skills to make-up their low defense.

However, if you have high defense, you won't even need to combo!

Image auto-attacking on entrita without healing or killing lobatum without gravity distortion at level 140s!

Yes, its possible with high defense. I have done that!

Chaos Arena:

CA is the best and the only way to train efficiently!

I personally quit training in MF, PF when I reach level 140.

After 140s, I train in CA only.

25 minutes dungeon give you more experience than 5-10 hours training in MF or PF.

What is the most important thing to keep you alive in CA?

It's defense and defense rate.

Even if you are master in fade, dash, or roll-over, you will still be dead in CA.

Nation War:

High defense really helps in Nation War especially for FA bringer.

It increases your chance of survival when you got rooted.

I know I am probably the only FA that don't fade in nation war -_-

FAs are already good in turns of DPS in nation war. You just need more hardness :P

(High defense also saves your HP pots!! LOL)

Dungeons:

The dungeon that I am talking about is FT B2F.

The hardest dungeon so far in the game.

You can't say you are an end-game player till you try this dungeon :P

Unlike all other dungeons that no brain is needed, FT B2F requires teamwork.

FA is the most important role in FT B2F, one mistake can result a dead party!

The goals for FA in FT B2F are heal and survive!!

The only way to survive is to higher up your defense and HP as much as possible.

Fade and dash don't work in this dungeon due to the fact most of the bosses has AoE attack and the dungeon has narrow path.

Ispita has over range 8 AoE so there is no way you can dash or fade away but to tank it.

If you are not planning to be 170 nor finishing FT B2F, this article may not help you a lot.

Just for those who have big dreams and goals - Go for TG and forcium!!

EterNity

lvl 170 FA

3552 HP
1519 MP
1056 Magic attack
1026 Def (will be 1077 if my gloves and boots ever +7-_-!!)
3132 Def rate
51% M.amp
51% Crit rate
94% Crit dmg
+36 HP auto heal
+128 Max HP steal
7% HP steal
7% MP steal
4% Resist Critical Rate
16% Resist Critical Damage
1% Resist Unmovable .

Marth
04-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Quiet ET you smell.

Monopolus
04-05-2010, 01:49 PM
More of a comment towards Wizards but i'm curious.

Is there really any point of ATTEMPTING to put a Wiz in a battlesuit? Like legit? I've never heard talk about it but I'm guessing it'd be too bad to put so much STR and DEX into a Wizard's build...

Wiz
04-05-2010, 02:20 PM
1200+matk from buttons alone is enough of a reason to go martial

LastHour
04-17-2010, 12:41 AM
Your missing quite a bit in your arguments. Theres these things called amp, critical damage and HP. Two of them multiply your damage output which is something you grossly overlooked in stating 200 defense > 86 m. atk. Defense has no multiplier. You also have the worst bm2 in trying to get its damage output high, meaning every loss in m. atk is going to be felt and you need stupid amounts of it like buttons to do well. The answer is not as obvious as you make it on top of the fact some things are wrong. Unless you have extended crafted forcium, I don't know where you got this whole forcium hp > osmium hp thing, osmium is going to yield higher hp. The sincerest forms of tanking in this game are HP and critical rate/damage resists. Its been proven martial FA can do quad, so unless your planning to solo pluma or something theres little sense in saying you "need" the defense. For all the higher end dungeons you have a party to help you.

Ft2 is a hard dungeon yes, but you'll need bm2+aura to do just about anything there. Any lv 170 should have 1100+ defense under that situation, and it all really hits the same past there, even toma with his fb gear in bm1+aura isn't saved from 3ks on tyrant. Your job here is to heal, not to tank. You keep giving the idea with this defense argument a ranged class is supposed to be a tanker, your thinking too much on the lines of a melee and not an FA. If you really think defense is going to save you maybe you should ask Divinehonor how well his AoD helped him be 3 shotted by Saiera, because if AoD doesn't save him, your extra 200 defense from forcium surely will.

Bottom line is that warriors don't have much trouble doing pluma with 500 defense, I think its safe to say with the above that defense is desirable but not a game breaking stat.

Sheep
04-17-2010, 12:02 PM
Your missing quite a bit in your arguments. Theres these things called amp, critical damage and HP. Two of them multiply your damage output which is something you grossly overlooked in stating 200 defense > 86 m. atk. Defense has no multiplier. You also have the worst bm2 in trying to get its damage output high, meaning every loss in m. atk is going to be felt and you need stupid amounts of it like buttons to do well. The answer is not as obvious as you make it on top of the fact some things are wrong. Unless you have extended crafted forcium, I don't know where you got this whole forcium hp > osmium hp thing, osmium is going to yield higher hp. The sincerest forms of tanking in this game are HP and critical rate/damage resists. Its been proven martial FA can do quad, so unless your planning to solo pluma or something theres little sense in saying you "need" the defense. For all the higher end dungeons you have a party to help you.

Ft2 is a hard dungeon yes, but you'll need bm2+aura to do just about anything there. Any lv 170 should have 1100+ defense under that situation, and it all really hits the same past there, even toma with his fb gear in bm1+aura isn't saved from 3ks on tyrant. Your job here is to heal, not to tank. You keep giving the idea with this defense argument a ranged class is supposed to be a tanker, your thinking too much on the lines of a melee and not an FA. If you really think defense is going to save you maybe you should ask Divinehonor how well his AoD helped him be 3 shotted by Saiera, because if AoD doesn't save him, your extra 200 defense from forcium surely will.

Bottom line is that warriors don't have much trouble doing pluma with 500 defense, I think its safe to say with the above that defense is desirable but not a game breaking stat.
everyone ignore lasthour, hes a troll ^_^

LastHour
04-17-2010, 01:50 PM

Your inability to comprehend basic math does not make me a troll. Keep raging that I did your work in more detail before you even started it. Quoting a whole wall of text to say I'm the troll? Lol, the irony.

Sheep
04-17-2010, 01:52 PM
Your inability to comprehend basic math does not make me a troll. Keep raging that I did your work in more detail before you even started it. Quoting a whole wall of text to say I'm the troll? Lol, the irony.
tl;dr DO NOT FEED

viciouscockfight
04-17-2010, 01:57 PM

l2recognizetrolls

Flaw
07-08-2010, 11:24 PM
l2recognizetrolls

Yeah, Sheep is some 12 year old inbred orphan that doesn't really have any argumentative, reading or comprehension capabilities. Usually he just tells you that you fail and says 'son' a lot to make himself sound hard (as if it fools anyone). If you provide compelling evidence in favor of your argument, he usually just cries like a little school girl who fell and scraped her knee in some sort of pathetic attempt at rectifying his failed stance on a subject that requires little more than third grade math to resolve.

Spur
07-09-2010, 09:12 AM
Yeah, Sheep is some 12 year old inbred orphan that doesn't really have any argumentative, reading or comprehension capabilities. Usually he just tells you that you fail and says 'son' a lot to make himself sound hard (as if it fools anyone). If you provide compelling evidence in favor of your argument, he usually just cries like a little school girl who fell and scraped her knee in some sort of pathetic attempt at rectifying his failed stance on a subject that requires little more than third grade math to resolve.

but i like sheeps topics... hes the only one that can write a guide with 5+ calculations in them and have them all wrong at the same time

Fishy
07-09-2010, 11:53 AM

Don't forget 3-4 shot by Orca the Doom haha........but yeah, Defense, although nice to have, isnt going to make a tremendous difference in your game. just stick with whatever buffs you got maxed out and any other stacks you may want and stick to that.......dont worry too much about getting the extra defense......i mean yeah, going martial you're probably gonna screw yourself over for getting Forcium IF you find amp and will and such, but that's a big if.....and even then, extracts are cheap compared to the gear XD haha......plus martial stuff is cheaper than battle, so you might wanna go that way....even though battle's so much $exier looking xD loool

Enso
07-09-2010, 12:18 PM
Don't forget 3-4 shot by Orca the Doom haha........but yeah, Defense, although nice to have, isnt going to make a tremendous difference in your game. just stick with whatever buffs you got maxed out and any other stacks you may want and stick to that.......dont worry too much about getting the extra defense......i mean yeah, going martial you're probably gonna screw yourself over for getting Forcium IF you find amp and will and such, but that's a big if.....and even then, extracts are cheap compared to the gear XD haha......plus martial stuff is cheaper than battle, so you might wanna go that way....even though battle's so much $exier looking xD loool

Lol, I like how you talk about how 200 defense doesn't really matter then at the same time flame me for giving up 4 defense. XD LOL

Fishy
07-09-2010, 12:26 PM
Lol, I like how you talk about how 200 defense doesn't really matter then at the same time flame me for giving up 4 defense. XD LOL

:> notice how i mentioned MAX buffs in there?

Enso
07-09-2010, 12:36 PM
:> notice how i mentioned MAX buffs in there?

My point still applies. =] Defense doesn't matter as much as attack. Lol.

darklordex
07-09-2010, 12:47 PM
in the upcoming episode they should make a new type of equipment set

Fishy
07-09-2010, 10:27 PM
NecroArmor ftw? ^_^ haha

Spur
07-10-2010, 07:15 AM
My point still applies. =] Defense doesn't matter as much as attack. Lol.

u cant really generalize it like that. there is no one stat which is better than another. def can be better than atk and atk can be better than def it all depends on the amount.

Enso
07-10-2010, 10:43 AM
u cant really generalize it like that. there is no one stat which is better than another. def can be better than atk and atk can be better than def it all depends on the amount.

Given the choice between gaining 50 attack or 50 defense I'd go for the attack. I don't mean I'd sacrifice 100 defense for 1 attack.