PDA

View Full Version : Enhancing Wizards!

Hilal
04-05-2011, 01:35 AM
I'd like u guys talk about ur complaints against wizard class and give suggestions to make it better.
You might have discussed this matter many times, but i hope to revive the topic and to update ur thoughts about it.
You can say there's nothing wrong at all in wizards, if that what you see. But tell me and our fresh wizards why is that so.

VeeOhhCee
04-05-2011, 02:33 AM
No cool timer on sp

Deathlymonkey
04-05-2011, 03:50 AM
Make wizards like they were 2 years ago

ArrowOwnage
04-05-2011, 05:23 AM
I never understood why wizards cant attack from far away in this game.
Arent they like a warrior but they use magic instead of swords???

boredom
04-05-2011, 06:12 AM
Make wizards like they were 2 years ago

cool, no more auto attack bm2. sounds good

Palomar
04-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Hilal...for the love of Allah go pick another class already!

Slowpoke
04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
wand should give them amp or magic attack, or both

Deathlymonkey
04-05-2011, 02:57 PM
cool, no more auto attack bm2. sounds good

Id rather use the skills by myself and have a bm2 that hits around 30% more, no cooldown on sp buff and being able to sp without a party.

rythemz
04-05-2011, 05:42 PM
Astral Staff that gives some stats to the user like FA/FS, like rate/cdi./magic/amp

Spur
04-05-2011, 07:26 PM
i would like our bm2 nerfed, our sp buff removed and blink nerfed so they got no excuse not to give us 2000+more hp, 20+rate 50+cd 300+def ty

Hilal
04-06-2011, 12:43 AM
Hilal...for the love of Allah go pick another class already!

You don't know how many times I thought about that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hilal
04-06-2011, 12:47 AM
i would like our bm2 nerfed, our sp buff removed and blink nerfed so they got no excuse not to give us 2000+more hp, 20+rate 50+cd 300+def ty

That for my surprise is a good idea, every time i talk to GM about our I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ing def and hp, they say "Don't forget, you have blink."
Take this blink then, we don't want it. Throw it away from wizards and give us 2000+more hp, 20+rate, 50+cd and 300+def. lol

Hilal
04-06-2011, 03:31 AM
I'll put here some ideas about making wizards better. These ideas in my point of view make wizard class less supporter one, ideas that would make it a soloing class like the other classes. I'd like u guys to discuss them, add and/or refuse them.
1. More debuffs or just one; or replace what we have with a good massive debuff that affects bunch of mobs in a certain range.
2. Replace the attack buff (Sharpness) with a m.attack buff,
3. More defense or more hp (i'm not greedy);
4. New skills with orange text (one or two, and two is better) with multi-hits not like those skills that have just 1 hit with 1 score of dmg.
That's all what came to my mind for the moment.
Again, if you can add to them it would be good. If you see that these ideas makes us less wizards and more other classes, open a discussions over it.

Palomar
04-06-2011, 06:02 AM
We only need one change...

Blink should untarget us. Done.

ITooTMyShid
04-06-2011, 10:03 AM
That for my surprise is a good idea, every time i talk to GM about our I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ing def and hp, they say "Don't forget, you have blink."
Take this blink then, we don't want it. Throw it away from wizards and give us 2000+more hp, 20+rate, 50+cd and 300+def. lol

I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ and go make a MFS then thats what it sounds like or a Magic WA

2000 more Hp,300 def,20+rate,50cdi, all for 1 skill Blink ?? really lmfao

hey you know what take away AOD gimmie 2000 more Hp 400 DEF 10 more Rate and an extra 50 Cdi to piss off the rest of these classes

Palomar
04-06-2011, 11:30 AM
Would be nice if we had a multi hit skill besides EF too lol.

Seems like allot of the other classes have gotten stronger and WI have stayed the same or gotten weaker. Us Pooor Wizzies!

Spur
04-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥I love you >.<♥ and go make a MFS then thats what it sounds like or a Magic WA

2000 more Hp,300 def,20+rate,50cdi, all for 1 skill Blink ?? really lmfao

hey you know what take away AOD gimmie 2000 more Hp 400 DEF 10 more Rate and an extra 50 Cdi to piss off the rest of these classes

how bout we take out your crushing blade and give u SP buff!!

chainlock
04-06-2011, 11:33 PM
how bout we take out your crushing blade and give u SP buff!!

I'll take that deal on my blader, get rid of the rate/dmg on my skills and give me SP buff!!!!!

VeeOhhCee
04-07-2011, 01:18 AM
EDC should be orange writing seeing as its a extreme "dual" cannon yet only hits once

Hilal
04-07-2011, 01:55 AM
We only need one change...

Blink should untarget us. Done.

I think Palomar made a good contribution here. If blink untargets us it would be okay while fighting a boss or passing through mobs. But there's a catch here, we would misuse this in wars and pvps. we will prevail in both and thus we will lack the fun of playing a wizard.

Hilal
04-07-2011, 02:43 AM
I have to mention here that other classes don't suffer as we do cause of our lack of def and hp. They want to keep what they have and get sp buff as a bonus. lol, high def and hp + sp buff. Why then playing a wizard. If a such thing happens, Est then should delete wizzies from the game cause we won't need it at all.
My thread here, as a reminder, is to enhance our wizzy capabilities so it becomes less supporter class. We need a wizard that can enter a dungeon at the same level of other classes not waiting 10 or more levels to survive there in solo.
Other classes (all as i guess) can go sod in 120ish and finish it fast, while wizards (regular wizards with no fantasy gear) have to wait 10 or more levels so they can solo it and finish it at last minute.
Some say u can't ask for change cause ur a noob or u don't know how to use a wizzy. Why then those noobs in the other classes find their way up much more smooth and easy and we don't. But at first place, isn't this game for noobs. Should I have to be expert in Cabal to start playing cabal?! We all begin the game as noobs, aren't we?
Some say why don't u just change your class and spare all this complaints and talks. This would be ridiculous because wizards are part of the game, it's a choice of many choices but those choices must be in parallel, differences between them must be based on diversity not superiority.
Again we need a wizard that is a LESS SUPPORTER class. How could we achieve that?

Hilal
04-14-2011, 01:57 AM
I solo sod on my 121 wizard with 28 minutes to spare with No op gears so you're doing something wrong mang
SOD was just an example NOPE for the problem of soloing a dungeon. Of course a wizard can solo one but it's not easy to solo ic1 or b2fs at the same lvl of other classes. However, this same dungeon is a good example to clear something.
Finishing a dungeon fast such as sod depends on how much attack, crit dmg, crit rate and the skills you have (the output dmg of an orange text skill is totally different from a normal one), def and hp is not a factor here as u can keep ur self alive (i'm not talking about ic1 or eod b2f where they are crucial and very important). When we compare the output dmg of a wizard to other classes we see that it's about the half of it.
A 120 wizard with good orbs may reach 5k crit dmg (more or less) while most of other class hit 10k crit dmg (also more or less). So a wizard takes more time to finish a boss while other classes not. Is this a logic calculation or not?

If you NOPE can finish the dungeon in 30 mins this means other classes can finish it within 20 mins or less, is that right?

Is wizards dps solving this problem, I guess not. Our dps is conditional by using certain skills, namely lances and cannons. These skills are useless when fighting a boss with bunch of mobs around him, we have then to use our mass destruction skills (to make use of our vampiric gear) which have the same dps of other classes skills.

MamaMiaYoe
04-14-2011, 05:20 AM
If you start comparing what you lack among other classes you'll defnitely find sh!tloads of problem. There's gunna be alot of things you would complain about and you have to stop thinking that way. ALL CLASSES have their own advantage. Not one class is perfect. Not Even WA's like what they say here are perfect for me, since in my opinion, theyre just too darn slow or perhaps it takes one WA to have uber epic gears to utilize dps dmge.

Wizards are not weak and underated. PvE wise if you compare them to FA, they do better vamping with Hard hitting AoE skills. If you have rate and can keep above 150% crit dmge, you'll be good to vamp even the more challenging dungeons/grind spot.

Now if youre complaining about pvp. Wiz are never really meant for stand up pvp, true wiz power comes along with movement - mobility is their agenda. If you cannot fight stand up coz ure gears/rate cant handle it then dont engage on stand up duel. You better start learning how to chase blink/dash on combo and make urself useful in war (pk). Thats where your potential will be recognized.

Hilal
04-18-2011, 04:51 AM
ALL CLASSES have their own advantage. Not one class is perfect. Not Even WA's like what they say here are perfect for me, since in my opinion, theyre just too darn slow or perhaps it takes one WA to have uber epic gears to utilize dps dmge.

I know that there are advantages for Wizard class, But I have to remind here that i'm talking about a less supporter wizard which means a wizard who can solo dungeons just as easy and at the same lvl with the alike gear of other classes.
But let me come to each one of these advantages.
Wizard has blink, okay it's good when i'm passing through mobs in a dungeon, but is it the case when fighting a boss with mobs around?, here I miss the hp and df. I can manage this by vamp set, but this vamp set is not special for wizards. While wizards have to get vamp set, other classes get set that increase their atk and amp because their hp and def are okay somehow.
There are also sp, it's a wonderful buff, but it's limited to being in a party. I guess without this buff wizards are nothing at all cause it's the only reason that make other classes in need to have a wizard as a party. But it's a PARTY buff, it won't help him in soloing dungeon. He has to dance alot so he can use his epic bm2 and hence take more time in finishing dungeons, while other classes can fight many bosses without even using aura with their def and hp.

MamaMiaYoe
04-18-2011, 05:45 AM
Wizards are the BEST soloe'rs in this game. I have no complains about wizard. I feel bad that you would defame the class because you probably might be having a hard time using it. Ive seen people utilize wiz advantage and I guess its enough to show what the class is good at. It might be hard for you, but it isnt for others.

Movement (done by EKSSSAIIII)
http://www.youtube.com/user/ReportsCabal#p/a/u/1/6IiBRt5Cd2c

BM power solo (done by the jerkest jerk in the universe)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16-XjIysOHc

Some people just dont see it the way others do imo.

MamaMiaYoe
04-18-2011, 08:40 AM
nuuuuu! xD

didkoBG
04-20-2011, 03:09 AM
How much is the duration on High regen when 20 lv?

Hilal
04-20-2011, 03:38 AM
How much is the duration on High regen when 20 lv?
don't remeber but it's about 70 to 80 secs

wayne10
04-21-2011, 10:52 AM
it depends on what rank u are, rank 16 has the duration at 90 secs

didkoBG
04-23-2011, 12:20 AM
can i use Spirit Intension in me?im 86 lv and will it remove a nother buff?Can i use it when not in party

Valdoroth
04-23-2011, 10:05 AM
There's no rule for pvp that says a wiz can't dash and blink. No one ever said or wrote all pvp have to be stand-up no shorts.
- Wiz do need something for the staff as an astral weapon very similar to FA's Bow.
- Also, Some of you misread Spur, he didn't say get rid of blink. He said nerf it, like make it have a slightly longer cool time so can't be used as often after dash.
- As for defence, ever heard of Forcium or Ring of Sage? Those add more def. I'm sure a Wiz can spare a cr1 for a rof9, which adds 16 def. You lose 5% cd omg end of the world! (but in turn you gain 16 def, 10 m atk, and some atk rate)
- Wiz need a BM1 that actually can do something aside from just add a few bonus stats. It's basically like having another Aura with no added rate/ cd.
- Their BM2 is fine as is, and in fact could use a very slight slowdown in it's cast speed (like .1 or .2 secs per casting)
- You have nice stun rates, so use that to your advantage.
- As for SP, I think everyone could agree that having some form of slot for pets or a rune that gives an SP regen rate of +x. Which would be always in use. That would compensate for people's combo usage as well as speed up dancing when no wiz or cooldown is present.

Xiju
04-23-2011, 03:56 PM
WI need a root skill

xXCrusadeXx
04-23-2011, 04:10 PM
WI need a root skill

so they can root before blink-dashing away for 100% survival rate? =D

Xiju
04-23-2011, 04:22 PM
so they can root before blink-dashing away for 100% survival rate? =D

yea.

MamaMiaYoe
04-23-2011, 04:24 PM
lol

xXCrusadeXx
04-23-2011, 04:31 PM
well then sign me up for a wiz =p

Xiju
04-23-2011, 04:31 PM
wi should get a root skill that lasts for 1 sec and has a cd of 3 sec

Hash
04-23-2011, 04:59 PM
wi should get a root skill that lasts for 1 sec and has a cd of 3 sec

Other way round meng. lasts for 3 sec n has a cd of 1 sec

legend43
04-24-2011, 09:04 PM
My suggestions:
1 Buff which includes: Magic attack +29 OR Crit rate 5% / Crit damage - 10%

Somewhat Optional: Blink causes untarget

If possible - 1 Skill that summons all party members to a location. Even 30 mins cool down is acceptable. Added bonus to SP. Ensures that Wizards once again own in War maps and Mission wars.

Hilal
04-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Ive seen people utilize wiz advantage and I guess its enough to show what the class is good at.

I'm sorry if u understood that i'm trying to defame the class. It's not the case at all. I love my wizzy alot and i succeeded to manage the low def and hp not cause it can be managed but cause i have to deal with my reality of being low in def and hp and hence go for sth in expense of another.
However, I want you to define these advantages, cause the only one I c that overpower wizards is there high matk stats (which is good for pvp and war but is not translated practically in pve activities cause of our skills), for the other advantages, I talked about them b4 and found out they won't add to wizards in their pve activity as soloers too much.
I want you to be patient it's an open discussion for reviewing ideas. Maybe i'm wrong cause I cant c all the scene. But untill that i'll keep presenting my logic calculations from my point of view to raise more discussions about the matter.
Btw, most videos on youtube are for expert players who played the game for years and have playing skills most of other players still don't have. This could not be considered a reason that wizards are okay with what they are cause I've said b4 I want a noob in wizard finish a dungeon as easy as another noob in another class finish it. The other noob feels okay running a dungeon cause of his hp and def, but a wizard don't.
The topic is global and general to all wizard players. So if some one is okay with his wizard please don't consider this as universal. I'm okay with my wizard and can solo 80% of ic1 without a problem. All what I think what if the class enhanced to be in equilibrium with other classes won't be this better?

Xiju
04-30-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm sorry if u understood that i'm trying to defame the class. It's not the case at all. I love my wizzy alot and i succeeded to manage the low def and hp not cause it can be managed but cause i have to deal with my reality of being low in def and hp and hence go for sth in expense of another.
However, I want you to define these advantages, cause the only one I c that overpower wizards is there high matk stats (which is good for pvp and war but is not translated practically in pve activities cause of our skills), for the other advantages, I talked about them b4 and found out they won't add to wizards in their pve activity as soloers too much.
I want you to be patient it's an open discussion for reviewing ideas. Maybe i'm wrong cause I cant c all the scene. But untill that i'll keep presenting my logic calculations from my point of view to raise more discussions about the matter.
Btw, most videos on youtube are for expert players who played the game for years and have playing skills most of other players still don't have. This could not be considered a reason that wizards are okay with what they are cause I've said b4 I want a noob in wizard finish a dungeon as easy as another noob in another class finish it. The other noob feels okay running a dungeon cause of his hp and def, but a wizard don't.
The topic is global and general to all wizard players. So if some one is okay with his wizard please don't consider this as universal. I'm okay with my wizard and can solo 80% of ic1 without a problem. All what I think what if the class enhanced to be in equilibrium with other classes won't be this better?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upYAcsE80QY

zhuai
04-30-2011, 10:22 PM
maybe a short for 20s that negate all dmg. will be cancelled if the wizard uses atk skill. this should give wi chance to survive tough situation.

Spur
05-01-2011, 01:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upYAcsE80QY

ill say the same thing as i used to say to celija. your comparing a 2year old character vs 2month old characters, killing them is normal not impressive. step up to tier 5 and show your skill vs fbs that kill u in 5sec after root

Bebe
05-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Id rather use the skills by myself and have a bm2 that hits around 30% more, no cooldown on sp buff and being able to sp without a party.

+1!!!!

Bebe
05-01-2011, 01:43 PM

Lmao!

Hilal
05-02-2011, 01:26 AM
I'll state things here if u agree say yes if not say no:

1. Only well geared wizard are the hard hitters;

2. Wizards have blink cause they low in hp and def (what a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!),

3. Wizards' bm2 is the best bm mode in game (is this because their lack of def and hp also?),

4. Wizards are needed only in party cause of their sp buff,

5. Wizards' sharpness is a useless buff but not for their party,

6. Wizards' attack is only epic when bm2 (in pve specially) [so we need sp at hand all the time],

7. In war, non expert wizards have 2 choices: a) hitting mobs, b) using dash and blink to run away all the time from enemies,

8. Wizards has no orange text skills and hence their dmg is lame in pve when not using bm2,

9. To be a well geared wizard you need to be billionaire (cause you have to go to forcy directly to get more def, and having forcy with amp is .... you know what);

10. Wizards need 1 or more of these:

a) Fury buff (lasts for 40 secs);

b) Mana condense buff (for more m.atk instead of sharpness) [actually I don't like it but i saw some calling for it],

c) Defense buff (gives 29 def and 185 hp),

d) Art of Defense buff (FS are not the only ones have it, Some bosses are),

e) One or more Orange Text Skill (or modifying one or more of their existing skills),

f) Change the stats of Wizards' set (gloves, boots, helms and suit) so they have more defense and defense rate stats;

g) A defense rate buff that gives 1500 def rate instead of all the above.

Hilal
05-02-2011, 02:09 AM
Q.Q

WTF, I'm not complaining I AM HAPPY WITH MY WIZARD, I LOVE MY WIZARD. Consider this as a fact pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.
As you managed your wizard's stats i managed mine. Doing that does NOT mean we are not nerfed in pve somehow. Isn't is my right to call for suggestion to deal with that?
If you don't agree just say a big NO and don't talk about your wizard and what he can do..

MamaMiaYoe
05-02-2011, 07:33 AM

Same applies to all class.

2. Wizards have blink cause they low in hp and def (what a bargain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!),

Just like FA that has heal

3. Wizards' bm2 is the best bm mode in game (is this because their lack of def and hp also?),

not the best to control manually in pvp (pk) but has good auto-attack functionality in pve.

no wiz are also needed for SI and Mass Regen for pk, and ofcourse their aoe skills for mob control (stun/hold) in pve

no...being able to enhance an allied sword class attack is not useless. You have to stop thinking about yourself, open your mind and think outside the box. Youre class has a supportive role too.

6. Wizards' attack is only epic when bm2 (in pve specially) [so we need sp at hand all the time],
No. Wizard offense is epic when it crits, stuns and knocksdown in pvp. Its just a matter of how you use the skills in certain situations.

7. In war, non expert wizards have 2 choices: a) hitting mobs, b) using dash and blink to run away all the time from enemies,
If you really think your wiz crappy then just scout for res and inform your allies. thats shouldnt be hard since you know how to use dash and blink o.o

8. Wizards has no orange text skills and hence their dmg is lame in pve when not using bm2,

wizard skill are mostly aoe with stun, very good vamping and mob control

9. To be a well geared wizard you need to be billionaire (cause you have to go to forcy directly to get more def, and having forcy with amp is .... you know what);

LOL ermmm it applies to all class when spending for gears legitly. Luck can also make it possible, but chances to get a lucky drop depends how often you farm dungeons or grind on higher maps.

no. Be happy that trans buff allows you to move.
b) Mana condense buff (for more m.atk instead of sharpness) [actually I don't like it but i saw some calling for it],
no but i think the staff should have an amp/m.attack add

lol?
lol
e) One or more Orange Text Skill (or modifying one or more of their existing skills),
errrr?
f) Change the stats of Wizards' set (gloves, boots, helms and suit) so they have more defense and defense rate stats;
>.>

If ever all of these are given to wi, the balance between all the six classes will be ruined.

Xiju
05-02-2011, 08:53 AM
buffs for classes:
wa: dont need any
fs: dont need any
bl: need longer range dps
fa: need movement speed buff
wi: need more def/ hp

Spur
05-02-2011, 09:19 AM
well the main imbalance of this game is their so called "range". wiz are meant for low hp low def but excel in range and damage. problem here is that all classes are ranged and combo mode makes range pretty much useless

Bebe
05-02-2011, 10:13 AM

not the best to control manually in pvp (pk) but has good auto-attack functionality in pve.

no wiz are also needed for SI and Mass Regen for pk, and ofcourse their aoe skills for mob control (stun/hold) in pve

no...being able to enhance an allied sword class attack is not useless. You have to stop thinking about yourself, open your mind and think outside the box. Youre class has a supportive role too.

No. Wizard offense is epic when it crits, stuns and knocksdown in pvp. Its just a matter of how you use the skills in certain situations.

If you really think your wiz crappy then just scout for res and inform your allies. thats shouldnt be hard since you know how to use dash and blink o.o

LOL ermmm it applies to all class when spending for gears legitly. Luck can also make it possible, but chances to get a lucky drop depends how often you farm dungeons or grind on higher maps.

lol?
lol
errrr?
>.>

If ever all of these are given to wi, the balance between all the six classes will be ruined.

+1 you go girl! =D

Palomar
05-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Ok Mia...I agree in part but a few counter points here.

1.) Log your WI and blink your way to more hp during a duel or in war...not so useful in this case lol. Blink doesnt untarget...so its not much use other than running away. Blink in PVE just gets you that much farther away before the hits from mobs that youve passed actually register. Dont believe me...go blink dash your way thorugh PI. The only application of blink thats beneficial is running away or using blink in combination with dash fade and terrain obstacles in ch 20. Thats if you dont get rooted...

2.) Mass restore would be ok if it had 1/2 the CD or was 2x as strong.

3.) Outside of being used for SI in nw...lets be honest we are only needed for SP in dungeons.

4.) AOE and Vamp are excellent. Mob control...idk about that. Anything more than 3-4 mobs in PI and they can pretty much 1 shot us and stun doesnt always keep them 100 % stunned. I find that it actually encourages simultaneous 1 hits because even with the best stunlock combo there is always one gap and after you keep all of them stunned for so long...they have a tendency to get on the same striking cycle. Not a complaint..just an observation.

Side Note: Our bm2 used to be epic in PVE but with the progression of retargeting by WA, FB and BL...our BM2 against bosses isnt so hot any more.

Side Note 2: We need a multi hit stun skill for pve.

Xiju
05-02-2011, 01:27 PM
lol i outscore fas that use 2 slot forc orbs+11 in bm2 in my bm2 on guards in war :/ I use 2 rate pheries lulz.

Hilal
05-03-2011, 12:45 AM
At first, thanks a lot for dedicating much time to comment. Your comments actually enlightening in some points.

Yes, it's true, but the attack of unwell geared wizard is not as nice as the other unwell geared classes.

In this way FA has better dps than wizards, while wizards have to dash or blink and retarget after being of the aoe of the mobs FA don't (which mean less time in killing a boss), in addition, while dashing a wizard might get a killer hit (with his low hp the cause of dashing) by some random mobs in his way, while FA can restore 2k hp in less a second

I guess it doesn't matter to "manually" control skills while bm-ing in pvp, YOU spell two skills at once! You may choose stun skills or knockdown skills but they'll work with this epic dps. However, most of the points here are intended to talk about pve.

This is not because these buffs are important to them but because other classes are greedy, they mainly want our sp. If they can regenerate their own sp alone they will say bye bye to these buffs

I guess I didn't say anything but what u stated here. Is it because you get used to saying "NO" in this comments?
However, all other classes party buffs are beneficial to them why this particular buff are not beneficial to wizards?!!!!

I've said b4 wizards atk is okay in pvp enviroments as long as we use our dps and aoe (area of effect) but this won't work in a 2-or-more-v1 situations as the case in wars

Why talking about my wizard? however, you agree with this point but you couldnt say the magic word (Yes)

You are right but this applied to pvp environments only not pve with mobs around where i cant keep a distance from the surrounding mobs.

Again, but you are not like other classes, you in a bad need for defense while they are not.

All the next points are arguable

lol?
lol
errrr?
>.>

Note: All the above points are not mine, I read a lot of threads and came out of these ideas.
Thanks again

Snakeyes
05-03-2011, 09:08 AM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

y

Snakeyes
05-03-2011, 09:11 AM
lol

O.o
05-03-2011, 11:19 PM
well the main imbalance of this game is their so called "range". wiz are meant for low hp low def but excel in range and damage. problem here is that all classes are ranged and combo mode makes range pretty much useless

+1 i originally chose fa and then wizard cuz i thought i could pew pew from far away... but then i realized you can't pew pew from far away because of combo

O.o
05-03-2011, 11:23 PM
i just want more hp for wizards thats all... i see warriors in war with 30k hp while im running around with 15k hp O.o

Hilal
05-04-2011, 12:07 AM
haaaaaaaaaaa y

Hilal=troll
I'm trying to be objective, but it seems i'm talking to kids who don't accept to be disagreed with or to raise a solution for problems they succeeded to manage and afraid to lose the credit for what they have achieved in this concern.

Spur
05-04-2011, 09:38 AM
I'm trying to be objective, but it seems i'm talking to kids who don't accept to be disagreed with or to raise a solution for problems they succeeded to manage and afraid to lose the credit for what they have achieved in this concern.

usually posts with less than a sentence or over 50 lines long can be ignored

Xiju
05-04-2011, 11:16 AM
1. Lrn to freestyle pvp
2. avoid fb and fa that use eagle and spam freezing
3. kill everyone

Hilal
05-05-2011, 12:25 AM
usually posts with less than a sentence or over 50 lines long can be ignored

Thanx Spur, ur an open minded person even when disagreed with others.

Slowpoke
05-07-2011, 01:13 PM
orange skills are bad in pve cause your dmg is reduced with the more mobs there is.

VeeOhhCee
05-17-2011, 07:53 AM
a debuff would be good, something like:

-31 def at lv1 and -1 def per lvl
total = -50 def
length of debuff = 30sec
cool = 45 sec

atleast this would be somewhat beneficial

Spur
05-17-2011, 09:51 AM
while we at it lets give a wiz bloody and moral bane with magic atk , and maybe art of firece and art of strengh , aos , and aod

na im fine with having an matk soul blade, panic, fury, bloody, cats and bears and since im nice ill give u sp and blink for them

Spur
05-17-2011, 11:13 AM
As long as you give warrior double caster we have a deal.

deal! since double caster means no retarget u gain like nuthin =)

Spur
05-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Double caster with warrior skills = you're dead ;)

with only 3 ranged skills good luck getting 2 skills out on me at a time =)

Deathlymonkey
05-19-2011, 02:52 PM
a debuff would be good, something like:

-31 def at lv1 and -1 def per lvl
total = -50 def
length of debuff = 30sec
cool = 45 sec

atleast this would be somewhat beneficial

Sounds cool...but i don't have any skill point left brah

Hilal
05-24-2011, 03:34 AM
This is to revive the thread. I always said that wizards are no more than a support class. That's the case and I tried to make a discussion about how to make it less. But I guess most of u are not agreed with that point. I will here deliver a quote from a wizard guide written by "RatzaTM", to make the idea "wizards are a supporter class" as a fact for all of u:

" The wizard is first and foremost, a support class (yes, I've said it), and this can be easily seen by the balance of buffs that he has : 4 Self buffs versus 7 Party buffs.......No matter what others tell you, you are a support class. In Clan Wars, in Nation Wars, in War channels, your job is to make sure that the party members are alive. There have been many situations where I saw wizards totally ignoring this side of the class thus contributing to the loss of their party / nation.

You are a support class dear Wizard, let me retype that : A SUPPORT CLASS. Your job in TG for example is to keep the melee's buffed with Force Increase and Sharpness and Spirit Intension. Your job is to keep that warrior alive as much as possible while he slashes away the Resurrect tower. Give him Force Increase and he won't be Mana Frozen. Stay close to him and he will buff himself with Fury and Bloody Spirit. Buff him with Spirit Intension and Mass Restore and Restore and he will use Cats and become an invincible killing machine. Failure to do so will result in both of you dying from a lvl 160 FB that laughs in your face while he execrates and mana freezes you two and then goes BM for the kill.

.... (Wizards have) No PVE skill (orange skills) (which) means that your damage on mobs will never match a melee class on the same skill rank (for example on GMaster skill damage output)"

So plz accept this fact WE ARE A SUPPORT CLASS not like the other classes.

Hence, back to the beginning, how could make this class a less supporter one. Many ideas have been given in this context but none of them agreed upon by all of us. I want you to go back to my list of ideas for enhancing wizard and choose one (modify it or keep it as it is). But I need a "Consensus" on one idea that won't overpower wizards but keep them in parallel with other classes because we have the lowest hp, lowest defense, lower (if not lowest) dmg output and lowest number of self-soloist effective buffs.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. : I hope expert wizards share with us their views.
P.S.2: I hope we could share objective ideas not just trolling or saying no for just "saying no".
P.S.3: I don't like (actually want) someone comes up saying "wizards are not support classes" or so, cause i don't want to explain again and again how they are.

Valdoroth
05-24-2011, 04:42 AM
for range, pretty much FA + WI need like auto +3 range for all their attacks. that would solve ALOT of those issues actually.
A debuf -31 def at lvl 1? Are you crazy, that's pretty much like having the BL short debuff Fear. When suggesting new skills, think about making them realistic, not something to way overkill anything other classes have.
They can't change the def for martial gears since that would also increase BL's def. You don't want that do you? It's set up in a decent system, though I highly disagree about armor gaining +2 def per upgrade than Battle or Martial with forcium gears (yea I have an entire chart of every gear/ weapon and their def/ atk/ m atk that I made last week because I was bored). They're already starting base higher.

Hilal
05-24-2011, 04:49 AM
for range, pretty much FA + WI need like auto +3 range for all their attacks. that would solve ALOT of those issues actually.

+1

Chris7
05-24-2011, 05:10 AM
Can you make what your goal in this thread is a bit more clear

megablast1
05-24-2011, 05:56 AM
So wizards cant solo high lvl dungeons?

DeathRhythm
05-24-2011, 06:09 AM
So wizards cant solo high lvl dungeons?
tell that to spur

buttcheeks
05-24-2011, 08:18 AM
This is to revive the thread. I always said that wizards are no more than a support class. That's the case and I tried to make a discussion about how to make it less. But I guess most of u are not agreed with that point. I will here deliver a quote from a wizard guide written by "RatzaTM", to make the idea "wizards are a supporter class" as a fact for all of u:

" The wizard is first and foremost, a support class (yes, I've said it), and this can be easily seen by the balance of buffs that he has : 4 Self buffs versus 7 Party buffs.......No matter what others tell you, you are a support class. In Clan Wars, in Nation Wars, in War channels, your job is to make sure that the party members are alive. There have been many situations where I saw wizards totally ignoring this side of the class thus contributing to the loss of their party / nation.

You are a support class dear Wizard, let me retype that : A SUPPORT CLASS. Your job in TG for example is to keep the melee's buffed with Force Increase and Sharpness and Spirit Intension. Your job is to keep that warrior alive as much as possible while he slashes away the Resurrect tower. Give him Force Increase and he won't be Mana Frozen. Stay close to him and he will buff himself with Fury and Bloody Spirit. Buff him with Spirit Intension and Mass Restore and Restore and he will use Cats and become an invincible killing machine. Failure to do so will result in both of you dying from a lvl 160 FB that laughs in your face while he execrates and mana freezes you two and then goes BM for the kill.

.... (Wizards have) No PVE skill (orange skills) (which) means that your damage on mobs will never match a melee class on the same skill rank (for example on GMaster skill damage output)"

So plz accept this fact WE ARE A SUPPORT CLASS not like the other classes.

Hence, back to the beginning, how could make this class a less supporter one. Many ideas have been given in this context but none of them agreed upon by all of us. I want you to go back to my list of ideas for enhancing wizard and choose one (modify it or keep it as it is). But I need a "Consensus" on one idea that won't overpower wizards but keep them in parallel with other classes because we have the lowest hp, lowest defense, lower (if not lowest) dmg output and lowest number of self-soloist effective buffs.

Thank you in advance.

P.S. : I hope expert wizards share with us their views.
P.S.2: I hope we could share objective ideas not just trolling or saying no for just "saying no".
P.S.3: I don't like (actually want) someone comes up saying "wizards are not support classes" or so, cause i don't want to explain again and again how they are.

you can be a support class if you want but i'll stick to pewpewing

Chris7
05-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Not like ur gonna be standing there like an idiot after buffing someone..

buttcheeks
05-24-2011, 08:33 AM
hilal will

zhuai
05-24-2011, 09:11 AM
I think what RatzaTM was really saying is use your buff to support other class. During those few seconds of buffing you are indeed a support class with regen, fi, si, sp etc. Outside of that you should be strategically hitting your target. (In this respect other classes have their "I am support class" moments too)

I suggest a self buff that is mini version of si. Like resist 8 dmg and 3 rate. This might boost our survival in the field and make us stay more in the front line as combatant.

Pve is fine for wizards as we have double vamp and decent stun.

Xiju
05-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I think what RatzaTM was really saying is use your buff to support other class. During those few seconds of buffing you are indeed a support class with regen, fi, si, sp etc. Outside of that you should be strategically hitting your target. (In this respect other classes have their "I am support class" moments too)

I suggest a self buff that is mini version of si. Like resist 8 dmg and 3 rate. This might boost our survival in the field and make us stay more in the front line as combatant.

Pve is fine for wizards as we have double vamp and decent stun.

wi arent suppose to be in the front line period.

zhuai
05-24-2011, 12:58 PM
wi arent suppose to be in the front line period.

Not literally at range of 3 from the mobs :) I meant where the fight is happening :D

Hilal
05-25-2011, 12:02 AM
Okay, you didn't get my point yet.

What i mean from my thread is that wizard class is made and meant to be a support class, i.e. a class that must be in a party in 95% of most important actions of the game across its course of levels, i.e. (again) a wizard must have a party to go eod b1f in from (say) 90 to 100 then he can solo it, while other classes can solo it from (say) 95. A wizard must have a party to go sod (say) from 120 to 130 while other classes can solo it from (say) 120 (btw these 2 examples may not apply but they're to express the idea). and i said this is because wizard's dmg in pve is much lower than of the other classes (because of their lack of orange text skills) and hence take more time to finish a dungeon (if u talk about dps i'm gonna kill myself cause i talked earlier about this point). And this is also because wizards have no effective tool like healing or high hp or def or def rate to avoid being killed (blink is not that effective while fighting a hard boss cause u don't want to run, heal and come back all the time and u might be killed by random mobs while running cause ur hp is low at this moment).

So all what i'm asking from you my friends is to find a way to enhance soloing abilities of wizards by any tool as such the case in the other classes. Is this clear enough for you.

Sure wizards' performance is good and much more than good in party, but i want a soloing wizard has the same performance of the other soloing classes and this must be at the same level.

P.S.: I saw this thread of spur showing off that he managed to get 13k crit dmg in ectoflower (wtf, a 180 lvl wizard shows off 13k dmg while a 150 lvl noobish bladder get that score easily)
Thank you again.

Spur
05-25-2011, 05:15 AM
wizards hp/atk/def/cr/cd will always be worst out of all classes, change class b4 your honor rank gets too high!

Hilal
06-20-2011, 12:22 AM
According to the new coming update of eu cabal, fade is gonna be to cursor which means: fade = blink (if not better). what left for wizards now? sp?

Tramier
06-20-2011, 08:17 AM
normally i wouldnt post in a wizard forum, but i have played one, lvl 145, and i do agree with some of the things being said, but i now play the 2 tank classes, FS and WA, and in there def for the high def, and hp, one thing you gotta think about is that by gaining all the def FS an WA gets, they lose massive amounts of def rate, meaning that 90% of the time we dont get missed by mobs/bosses, hence needing the higher def and hp to survive. far as the sp buff goes, hows that any dif from any other classs solo'n a dungeon, if anyone runs solo, they gonna have to dance for SP when needed, and i dont know anyone that can run IC1 or 2 without havin to dance for SP if they run solo. also pertaining to the solo dungeon thing, look at the solo times on alot of dungeons in the game, most of them, including CA6 (grats to romp) are held by wizards

Deathlymonkey
06-20-2011, 08:41 AM
normally i wouldnt post in a wizard forum, but i have played one, lvl 145, and i do agree with some of the things being said, but i now play the 2 tank classes, FS and WA, and in there def for the high def, and hp, one thing you gotta think about is that by gaining all the def FS an WA gets, they lose massive amounts of def rate, meaning that 90% of the time we dont get missed by mobs/bosses, hence needing the higher def and hp to survive. far as the sp buff goes, hows that any dif from any other classs solo'n a dungeon, if anyone runs solo, they gonna have to dance for SP when needed, and i dont know anyone that can run IC1 or 2 without havin to dance for SP if they run solo. also pertaining to the solo dungeon thing, look at the solo times on alot of dungeons in the game, most of them, including CA6 (grats to romp) are held by wizards

A wiz, even with forci amp, shouldn't have more than 130ish dex, which means a low def rate. We get hit as much as WA/FS, but we have way lower def and hp.

rage blaze
06-30-2011, 05:51 PM
A wiz, even with forci amp, shouldn't have more than 130ish dex, which means a low def rate. We get hit as much as WA/FS, but we have way lower def and hp.

that is so true bc i cant solo bf1 with my wiz without dying. but i party with a fs and i manage, sad thing is he only needs me for sp and thats it. i pot shot mobs but i still die

Aerolight
09-10-2011, 12:22 AM
that is so true bc i cant solo bf1 with my wiz without dying. but i party with a fs and i manage, sad thing is he only needs me for sp and thats it. i pot shot mobs but i still die

I can't tell you how miserable it was for my lvl 122+ wizard to fail so hard in Volcanic Citadel (SoD) and ToD (B1F). I have never been able to complete them solo with my wizard. But for my blader, I was significantly successful. Especially for completing the blader's rank-up quest.

ankoun2232
09-19-2011, 08:29 AM
wizzies arent a tank class so you have to rely on damage and hp steal

but other than that im pretty sure sod and ftb1f are easily soloable by wizards

i never had a problem with sod maybe ft sometimes because i die like once but that is about it

Sina
09-19-2011, 03:47 PM
:o hmm, i never got any trouble with sod
B1F only few low levels can solo it, as for bslv, i just asked a guildy to help, did same on other chars since it's easier, why the hell do you want to solo at low lvls lol ?

Lann
09-19-2011, 04:56 PM
wizards are op soloed dungeons at a lower lvl then what other classes required. the only bad part about wiz is that going through mobs are harder than beating the boss