PDA

View Full Version : Yet another W7 Issue

Nightster
04-25-2010, 10:12 PM
So I've been reading around and theres been plenty of reported errors between cabal and Windows 7 and sadly, I am going to be adding another one to the list. Though this may just be a technical error within my computer itself. Anyway, here it is:

I recently finally up'd my desktop from Vista to 7. It all went well, sorta. After numerous attempts, I finally got my graphics card to work again. But now, everytime I try loading Cabal, I get the infamous Blue Screen of Death. But yea, again, this is possibly a general technical issue with my computer *the same thing happens with flyff and probably some other games too*

Anyway, would really appreciate some advice with this situation.

Side notes of comp:
- Windows 7 Ultimate 2GB Ram 32bit OS
- No firewalls installed yet
- Havent tried redoing the W7 installation yet
- I'm starting to suspect/blame GameGuard as well as others

Again, thanks ahead of time for helping.

Tree
04-26-2010, 12:42 AM
Try deleting unwanted processes that you don't need from the task manager or getting rid of unwanted services from cmd line -> regedit.
I had some problems with that W7 issue before, but some of the processes/services conflicted with the GameGuard.

Finally, you might want to do a complete re-install of the game after you've done the above.
Hope it helps.

DVwizzy
04-26-2010, 07:17 AM
i have w7 32bit and 3gb of ram, and it works fine.. might be a hardware problem [not being compatible with w7? idk] what antivirus are you using? people have had lots of problems with them and GG..

Nightster
04-26-2010, 09:42 PM
Alright well, I didnt have much extra in the task manager's processes list but closing the extras all done. *whats cmd line/regedit? >.>* Not quite sure if it works but I'll find out as soon as the site lets me log into to download it again.
And to correct my previous info, I actually do have a firewall, *Windows Firewall that came with W7*. It is an anti virus program that I do not have. Sorry about the false info there.

Hatsuho
04-27-2010, 02:27 AM
id say you don't have enough ram, check your page file and see how much you have, and maybe increase your page file if you don't have enough.

Nightster
04-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Alright so the deleting unwanted processes attempt didnt work. Sadly, I think I'm just going to give up on cabal for awhile longer. Hopefully they'll finally release some universal fix or something like that. Thanks again for the help though.

Sheep
04-27-2010, 02:38 PM
BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH lol